JX-8P still useful? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 20-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #21
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
oDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs, CO
MC Status: 5760
Re: JX-8P still useful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
ah yes, rev state. CO pplz. Erikson was a friend/fan/collaborator if i remember correctly.
Yeah, they seem to have an on-again/off-again friendship with Bryan. They wrote the songs Misery and Eva on his Hex Angel album and have done a few remixes for him. Honestly though, Ben and Bonnie's production is WAY better than Bryan's and they do it with a lot less gear.

They're good peoples. I've known them online for about 15 years and have been hanging out with them lately now that I live here. Possibly a Bill Leeb with Skinny Puppy thing...they seem to think I'm teachable and could be useful at some point.

Last edited by oDDgOD; 21-06-2016 at 03:01 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Anybody can be good at something but it takes real effort to suck as bad as I do.
oDDgOD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 02:15 AM   #22
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
oDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs, CO

ITS ALIVE!!! Some combination of unplugging and reseating the connectors, pulling the power supply guts and reinstalling them, and blowing into everything like a Nintendo cartridge has done the trick. I have power, audio, midi, and pretty much all functionality. My homies said they found the board and parts for the pitch bend so once I get that installed it should be mostly complete, though I'll still be missing 4 of the 6 sliders on the left side panel. I can probably find those somewhere online and get them reattached at some point.

I dunno what kind of project the guy that owned it before them thought he was working on unless it was How To Destroy A Perfectly Good Synth...but I'll get it back to where it should be.

Oh, and is the bottom of it supposed to be plywood? I have a feeling its wasn't originally like that so I have no clue what has happened to this thing.

Last edited by oDDgOD; 23-06-2016 at 03:15 PM..

------------------
Anybody can be good at something but it takes real effort to suck as bad as I do.
Thanks to oDDgOD
thom (24-06-2016)
Old 23-06-2016, 02:21 AM   #23
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1540077
Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,303 Posts

congrats

and LOL on the plywood.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 02:25 AM   #24
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 30610

Nice, I think plywood end cheeks were part of a limited edition line!
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 06:38 PM   #25
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
Colorado Springs, CO

AND I WON A GUITAR TODAY FROM DENVER ARTS AND VENUES/Jack Daniels....shit man, I should go buy some lotto tickets. I doubt its anything fancy, but winning a guitar for my birfday. Pretty sweet.

------------------
Thanks to oDDgOD
jbvdb493 (23-06-2016)
Old 23-06-2016, 06:41 PM   #26
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1540077
Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,303 Posts

fuck yeah!

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 08:26 AM   #27
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 18360

Hey cool man!
I won a Volca FM recently on my wife's birthday :-p
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 08:57 AM   #28
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20360

i won a free sex help kit from the sex clinic down thew street from me
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #29
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 167660
Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDDgOD View Post
ITS ALIVE!!! Some combination of unplugging and reseating the connectors, pulling the power supply guts and reinstalling them, and blowing into everything like a Nintendo cartridge has done the trick. I have power, audio, midi, and pretty much all functionality. My homies said they found the board and parts for the pitch bend so once I get that installed it should be mostly complete, though I'll still be missing 4 of the 6 sliders on the left side panel. I can probably find those somewhere online and get them reattached at some point.

I dunno what kind of project the guy that owned it before them thought he was working on unless it was How To Destroy A Perfectly Good Synth...but I'll get it back to where it should be.

Oh, and is the bottom of it supposed to be plywood? I have a feeling its wasn't originally like that so I have no clue what has happened to this thing.
Awesome.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #30
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
i won a free sex help kit from the sex clinic down thew street from me
Hm...what were the contents of said kit?

------------------
Old 24-06-2016, 02:43 PM   #31
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC
Keep Colorado Springs Lame
MC Status: 47660

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDDgOD View Post
Hm...what were the contents of said kit?
Well, it contains sex obviously.
Stich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Stich
666 (17-07-2016)
Old 15-07-2016, 02:37 PM   #32
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
Colorado Springs, CO

So as stated previously, I got it to power on. Now I have the pitch bend fixed, got the memory cartridge slot reinstalled, and have everything put back together. All that's missing now are the 4 sliders...other than that she's complete. Not much to look at, but works.

Advertisements

------------------