[Dance] Beer O'Clock
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 15-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Metsik
Granular Poster
Metsik will become famous soon enough
Detroit
MC Status: 67
Icon5 [Dance] Beer O'Clock

Hi all, here's one of the projects I'm working on: Let me know what you think of the break, drop, melody, etc.

Cheers

Advertisements

Metsik is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dance] Beer O'Clock.
Old 15-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts
Re: [Dance] Beer O'Clock

It certainly is looking like it's shaping up OK..but there are a few things about it I would change personally..but tkae these with a pinch of salt, as the old saying goes.

1) From the end of the intro to when the beat kicks in seems to be a little bit on the long side to me. I might be totally wrong about this, but that's how it sounds to my ears.

2) It might need a little bit of reverb over all and a tweak of the EQ to bring the sound out a bit more..not much..but a little.

3) You might want to think about adding something else into the mix, as it does seem a little "empty" in general, with not enough going on to hold interest.

Having said the above, I've got to say I really liked the melody and sound in general and can't wait to hear what you do with this.

Hope you find all this helpful in some way.

AM

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 04:02 AM   #3
supermana
Learning The Ropes
supermana is currently spamming hard
MO
MC Status: 10

I like all the synths and general composition of it, but I agree with Mechanics it needs some extra sounds to sort of fill out. I think if you did something else with that chord that hits on the one during the melody that part would be more interesting. I like the idea though, keep it up.
supermana is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Daft Punk - Something About Us
Old 16-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
Søvntrang
Microknight
Søvntrang will become famous soon enoughSøvntrang will become famous soon enough
København
MC Status: 112

It's a cool melody, it has a lot of forward-moving energy which is nice. The middle part has a natural, smooth progression. I like that. The noise about 0:12 - 0:16 is deafening loud though, compared to the rest of the elements. I know it might be intentional as these breaks are common in most dance music. But I'd turn down the gain just a little, simply because I don't want to have to adjust the volume while listening to the final mix.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Søvntrang is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
Siktec
Minor Glitch
Siktec is currently spamming hard
Utah
MC Status: 10

I feel like this track could be on like a racing game haha xD I love it!!

Advertisements

Siktec is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote