[IDM, Electronica, Ambient] luke-nukem - Awake
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 06-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster
Luke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really nice
MC Status: 360
[IDM, Electronica, Ambient] luke-nukem - Awake

Hey all,

Have made a pretty chilled laid back tune here. Kind of AFX ambienty vibes. Any critical feedback appreciated.

Last edited by A.M; 06-03-2018 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Fixed Title

Advertisements

------------------
Luke_Nukem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [IDM, Electronica, Ambient] luke-nukem - Awake.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
StampedeMe
His Free Pass Has Expired
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 5161
Re: [IDM, Electronica, Ambient] luke-nukem - Awake

I was afraid that the space in mix after 1:20 will get eaten by the upcoming synths but the glitches came in and it's all clear again. The crispy percussion stands out in this track for me, in a positive manner.

------------------
Join the Regiment:
www.marquisdemorning.com

StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #3
lonewolf
Sample Destroyer
lonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 129904

followed on scloud

------------------
An open mind sees the world reflected within them, but a closed mind looks for the world to be their reflection. - Brian Winkler

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James D
lonewolf is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:22 PM   #4
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker
Vibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

I like the percussion on this the most. They are well diversed and keep the track being interesting. The ambiental/atmospheric vibes are also pleasant. The bass is also well driven. What it lacks is maybe some melodic and harmonic variations. A good hook would also make it work better. Overall good job. Keep it up.
Vibe Origin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #5
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster
Luke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really nice

Thanks for the feedback, I was kind of going for the really stripped back minimal vibes so wasn't sure if i wanted to add much more variation, but perhaps there is room for something more.

------------------
Old 11-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #6
wipeout
Soundscaper
wipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MC
San Francisco, CA
MC Status: 2023947

Listening to this again, at 1:28 you couuuuld make it hit into a hard DNB beat and use the chill melody as a really nice intro and drop a heavy bassline.

------------------
wipeout is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:50 AM   #7
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster

Haha yeah, its already sitting at the right tempo.

------------------
Old 12-04-2018, 01:38 AM   #8
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310

gorgeous track! love the ambient melodics against the janky IDM rhythms. Very rekaxing tune

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #9
pearlcorder
IDMf's latest spammer
pearlcorder is currently spamming hard
Copenhagen
MC Status: 10

Stag is just amazing really, not much else to say there. Good job!

I feel like Awake is a bit to clean sounding. The sound design is awesome but the drums sound a bit flat and sterile. Maybe bounce them all to a single track and experiment with some subtle saturation and distortion and not so subtle compression?

It might just be a matter of preference, but that's my thoughts
pearlcorder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 01:06 PM   #10
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster

Yeah I agree maybe the drums are a bit flat, didn't give them much love to be fair, it all came together very quickly. Will have a play as you've suggested. Thanks for your feedback!

------------------
Old 17-04-2018, 12:33 AM   #11
OrphicChronicle
Regular Freak
OrphicChronicle will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

That was really nice man, could definitely chill on a beach to that. lovely wash over sounds, it really made me feel relaxed. great work =]
OrphicChronicle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #12
localspace
Analog Lurker
localspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

Very pretty! Loving the crispy drums as well, just the kick seems a bit loud or heavy depending on what you were going for.

One thing, and that's maybe just me.. the ambient melodies are very pretty, but I would like it if there was just a tiny hint of danger lurking in the background. No idea how to do that, but just a thought. Stag is awesome as well, btw!
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #13
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster

Yeh i usually like to make stuff that at least has an element of lurking danger or melancholy but this was a different vibe and think I'm happy to keep that vibe. Glad you enjoyed it!

------------------
Old 26-04-2018, 10:44 AM   #14
localspace
Analog Lurker
localspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

Yeah I don't like going back on ideas too much either.. more often than not, you end up ruining the magic.
Obviously I haven't heard much of your tracks yet, so I don't know how this relates to the rest.. constant danger and melancholy would get boring as well.
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:00 PM   #15
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster

Yeah i didnt want to fall into the trap of too much tinkering with this one. Was only a few hours work. Where other pieces i've worked on for months and months!

------------------
Old 04-05-2018, 06:29 AM   #16
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I think your percussion is cute, but wish the kick punched through the mix a bit more. I really liked that the bass was short and bouncy. Maybe some subtractive eq in the bass freqs would make the whole track clearer in the bass freqs? The mids and highs were nice and crispy, and I enjoyed the glitchy percussion a lot. Cool track.

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 08:15 AM   #17
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster

Thanks for the feedback

------------------
Old 18-05-2018, 04:05 AM   #18
noize99
IDMf's latest spammer
noize99 is currently spamming hard
Houston, TX Area

A little bit repetitive at times, but still very good.
noize99 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #19
CustardSquare
Regular Freak
CustardSquare is currently spamming hard

Nice one, this is well done

Advertisements

CustardSquare is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote