[Ambient Guitar] - Syllix - Circles
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 25-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
Syllix
Eternal Echoer
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
MC Status: 1097397
[Ambient Guitar] - Syllix - Circles

Hey guys,

So I wanted to make something a little different than usual, so I dusted off my guitars and made this track. I'm not the best guitar player in the world but hopefully you still like it!

Any tips or feedback (especially on the electric or acoustic guitars) would be much appreciated. Help me improve!

Thanks for listening

Advertisements

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest video game remix: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Aquatic Ruin Zone!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient Guitar] - Syllix - Circles.
Old 26-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
Demephitize
Granular Poster
Demephitize will become famous soon enough
Cincinnati
MC Status: 60
Re: [Ambient Guitar] - Syllix - Circles

This is good stuff! Really well recorded.
Demephitize is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #3
Syllix
Eternal Echoer
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC

Thanks demephitize. I think the acoustic guitars turned out well but wasn't too sure about the electric guitars (I don't work with guitars much at all really, as I'm more of an electronic producer).

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Old 29-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17760

the acoustic guitars sound really good. and the electric don't sound bad at all. they certainly work in the context of this track. maybe they are lacking some high-mids and high end and sound a bit box-y. how did you record them? if you go directly through your sound interface and then just use modelers (guitar rig, amplitube, whatever), then the only thing i can suggest (if you are not aware of this already), is not to use built-in cabs, but instead use impulse responses. It will really liven up the sound.

Explanation:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Muonos
Deep Underground
Muonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MC
Atlanta
MC Status: 1336412

Please tell me how you made the pads at 3:13.

Everything flowed so nicely. Stopping the guitars at the end and kind of just letting the track rest was a really nice decision. It was like at first I got relaxed from the acoustic then uplifted from the electric and lost in the outro.

The part at the end made me think another song was coming up and would flow nicely or something, like a future garage type song. But oh well, maybe next time.

I know nothing about recording guitars though.

------------------
A song from my upcoming Dub Techno EP.

Muonos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Syllix
Eternal Echoer

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
thanks for the tips I really appreciate it! I'll certainly check out some impulse responses. It's odd you say the electrics could use more mid-high and sound boxy because I felt there was no low end at all... anyway, you're spot on about how I recorded them - electric guitar plugged directly into my interface and using amp models in Logic Pro (I used modelled amps from Waves actually).
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Thanks man, and I'm really glad you liked it. Yeah the ending might end up being the intro for another song... we'l see.

As for the pads around 3:13, it's a bunch of layered sounds that included a low bass pad, about 5 different tracks of stretched guitar with lots of reverb (you can use plugins like Paul's Stretch or Spectral Dronemaker). I think I also pitched those tracks up and down octaves to get even more variation in the sound). And there's also some orchestral strings that come in as well. Hope that helps

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Old 30-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
[Complex]
Microknight
[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold
Spain
MC Status: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syllix View Post

As for the pads around 3:13, it's a bunch of layered sounds that included a low bass pad, about 5 different tracks of stretched guitar with lots of reverb (you can use plugins like Paul's Stretch or Spectral Dronemaker). I think I also pitched those tracks up and down octaves to get even more variation in the sound). And there's also some orchestral strings that come in as well. Hope that helps
This pads are great and the final part of the song sounds perfect!
Also the guitar solo is very emotive, relaxing and the guitars have good details (min. 1:16).

I like a lot this tracks that transforms gradually

Great work!

------------------
[Complex] is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
Dan_e4568
Minor Glitch
Dan_e4568 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

WOW THAT was really good Syllix!
Dan_e4568 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
newbold
Soundscaper
newbold is a savage MCnewbold is a savage MCnewbold is a savage MCnewbold is a savage MCnewbold is a savage MCnewbold is a savage MCnewbold is a savage MCnewbold is a savage MCnewbold is a savage MCnewbold is a savage MCnewbold is a savage MC
From above God
MC Status: 2272006

epic like qualities... Thanks for inviting us to critique the performance, I like it but more then that it works. the ambient back ground is great when it becomes the foreground.. keep making songs like this your method of creation seems to be coming together...

------------------
newbold is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: circles
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #10
Syllix
Eternal Echoer

Wow, thanks so much for the kind words. To be honest I didn't really think this was one of my better songs but many seem to really like it. Your words truly mean a lot to me and serve as motivation for me to keep making music. Cheers!

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Old 03-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #11
Ironpaw
Regular Freak
Ironpaw is a jewel in the roughIronpaw is a jewel in the roughIronpaw is a jewel in the rough
Kyoto, Japan
MC Status: 260

gj man
Ironpaw is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #12
Lateral Sync
Microknight
Lateral Sync will become famous soon enoughLateral Sync will become famous soon enough
Hob's End
MC Status: 110

Very nice! I love hearing real instruments in electronic music. The acoustics and electrics sounded great! When done well it really sets a track apart from the rest, and you did it well. I think I'm going to have to dust off my guitars now.

Advertisements

------------------

Follow me on Facebook
Linkin Park - Until Its Gone (Lateral Sync Bootleg Remix)

https://soundcloud.com/lateralsync/l...-bootleg-remix
Lateral Sync is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote