Anyone use a Fatso EL7 on mix bus
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460
Anyone use a Fatso EL7 on mix bus

Hey guys.

I recently got a Fatso into my rack. MY gosh, it is so amazing! Taming those peaks and adding some warmth is so key however, I was wondering if anyone uses it on mix bus or mastering? My concern is that it affects my kick quite a bit, if I had too much warmth. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or techniques one could recommend?

Specifically for electronic music

Advertisements

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
localspace
Analog Lurker
localspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710
Re: Anyone use a Fatso EL7 on mix bus

I keep my master bus clean.. I don't like caking my mix. I use saturation early and often, giving me that warmth and more control over it. Precisely because I want to avoid compromises like: okay this tube is cool on the snare, but don't like what it does to the kick.

By the time I reach my groups (busses) heavy peaks will be tamed as well so any heavy processing from there would be a deliberate creative choice, not a mix requirement.

PS.. your track isn't available in my territory (NL)
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to localspace
tristcarmichael (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #3
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by localspace View Post
I keep my master bus clean.. I don't like caking my mix. I use saturation early and often, giving me that warmth and more control over it. Precisely because I want to avoid compromises like: okay this tube is cool on the snare, but don't like what it does to the kick.

By the time I reach my groups (busses) heavy peaks will be tamed as well so any heavy processing from there would be a deliberate creative choice, not a mix requirement.

PS.. your track isn't available in my territory (NL)
Which track? New Horizons on Spotify ? (link below) strange, its signed to a Dutch Label and its available worldwide.

Thanks for the feedback. Agree with you. Just was curious where some people place there saturations. I need to use in the early stages I think.

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:00 PM   #4
-Agu-
Knob Twiddler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 6160

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristcarmichael View Post
Which track? New Horizons on Spotify ? (link below) strange, its signed to a Dutch Label and its available worldwide.
The player in your signature is telling me the same thing, "This track is not available in your country". Works in desktop app however.

Advertisements

------------------
-Agu- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote