Bass effect
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 23-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
PACSPRODUCER
Learning The Ropes
PACSPRODUCER is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Bass effect

Hey Guys!

Anyone know what kind of effect has this bass ?

Link on "Currently listening to"

Thanks!

Advertisements

PACSPRODUCER is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: https://soundcloud.com/unreleased-ids/steve-angello-still-young-follow-me
Old 23-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
Esten Toreo
Microknight
Esten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960
Re: Bass effect

You talking about that growling, throaty kind of sound? Whenever I've came across that type of sound it's been from messing with foley in max for live's granulator. Paper scrunching, wood splitting type sounds. Grain size being Key-tracked. At 1:43 you can hear the high pitch foley sample isolated from the bass briefly, it normally sits on top of the bass, then pitches down on lower notes to make the throaty crackly sound.

Could also get close with a really low saw oscillator. eq out the mids of the bass or run it through abletons phaser at it's default settings, except make it one pole at 300Hz. But Foley would be way better.

------------------
Industrial Glitch-Hop Psychofunk?

Esten Toreo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
PACSPRODUCER
Learning The Ropes
PACSPRODUCER is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hey Esten Toreo!
First, thanks for your tips!

Yes, im talking about in this bass growling (first 1:32).
I already have the bass sound. I just need this break effect.

I will try the glitch2 vst

Thanks again!
PACSPRODUCER is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 10:10 PM   #4
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390098
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,765 Posts

Start with a simple saw. Then pretty extreme dual boost with EQ (both around the mids, to taste) and distortion. With multi-band distortion you will have even more sculpting options. Add an EQ after distortion for even more option.
Add pitch bends and/or portamento/glide to the synth, for that "scraping sound" when playing low notes.

Advertisements

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote