Hominid//108 BPM Bass Music//I sample sounds of the ocean//Sounds of the deep woods
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
Wecomefromcaves
Granular Poster
Wecomefromcaves will become famous soon enough
Edmonton, Alberta
MC Status: 60
Hominid//108 BPM Bass Music//I sample sounds of the ocean//Sounds of the deep woods

Hey guys,

I've decided to step "Outside the cave" and fulfil my desire to release bass heavy dance music. I'm accustomed to releasing melodic, downtempo electronic tunes, but there will always be a place in my heart for the chaos that ensues when the bass drops, when the low end frequencies pummel through your core. Hopefully this familiar sensation can be achieved when you guys take a listen. As per usual, I sample the sounds of the world surrounding me. Listen for the ocean tide, the cracking of twigs, dropping of coins, crackling of fire etc.

I release my soul music under the alias 'Wecomefromcaves' and in the future, I will be releasing my dance-oriented bass chunes under the moniker 'Hominid'

Think of it as the music produced by the deranged, primitive beast within the cave.

Hope you guys can appreciate this work in progress.

Wecomefromcaves//Hominid

Advertisements

------------------
Wecomefromcaves is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - Hominid//108 BPM Bass Music//I sample sounds of the ocean//Sounds of the deep woods.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
TigerMendoza
Knob Twiddler
TigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to all
Oxford
MC Status: 610
Re: Hominid//108 BPM Bass Music//I sample sounds of the ocean//Sounds of the deep woo

You have no idea how much I love this! Really deep kick on this and the atmosphere with the clicks and stuff make it. Like a beast coming over the hill. Just right for this time of year.

------------------
New album - The Shadow

Blog | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter | Bandcamp
TigerMendoza is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
MC Status: 10960
Re: Hominid//108 BPM Bass Music//I sample sounds of the ocean//Sounds of the deep woo

heavy bass indeed! it progresses very slowly and lightly, but at times i wish there was a little bit more too it. very good atmospheric samples, each time i listen i hear more and more of the background texture.

seems like something that would fit nicely in a club setting too

------------------
SyMTiK
(~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~(~^.^) ~
Berklee College of Music '21

_Mystik_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #4
Wecomefromcaves
Granular Poster
Edmonton, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerMendoza View Post
You have no idea how much I love this! Really deep kick on this and the atmosphere with the clicks and stuff make it. Like a beast coming over the hill. Just right for this time of year.

Wow, thanks so much man. Definitely feeds me with the confidence to create more of this style. On that note, stay posted! This is a rough draft.

------------------
Old 06-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #5
Wecomefromcaves
Granular Poster
Edmonton, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mystik_ View Post
heavy bass indeed! it progresses very slowly and lightly, but at times i wish there was a little bit more too it. very good atmospheric samples, each time i listen i hear more and more of the background texture.

seems like something that would fit nicely in a club setting too
Appreciate your input! I started this track about 12 hours ago by disassembling and reconstructing a prior attempt at creating sound at 108 bpm. I totally agree with what you have to say, there is some serious mixing to be done as well as some gaps to be filled.

You're listening to my music the way it was intended to be heard

Keep you ear to the ground man, continue to listen close!

------------------
Old 06-12-2012, 02:23 AM   #6
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts

it's interesting, havent something like that before, but man, honestly I can only think one thing: ear fatigue.

the atmosphere noises were neat tho,

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
Wecomefromcaves
Granular Poster
Edmonton, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
it's interesting, havent something like that before, but man, honestly I can only think one thing: ear fatigue.

the atmosphere noises were neat tho,
Haha I definitely see where you're coming from man. I went into creating this track with the intention of putting my subwoofers through a workout. You might prefer some of my other material. Appreciate your comment though, I'll be sure to edit it in a way that makes it more listenable. Glad you acknowledged the fact its an authentic sound. Means alot.

Advertisements

------------------