BB57 : It's all about the Bass - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 29-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #21
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52310
Thanked 1,046 Times in 771 Posts
Re: BB57 : It's all about the Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
There's something in there to turn to skank...trust me, Im working on it myself Bro!
I know, but its gonna be like, work, you know :-/

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
MFXxx (29-05-2017)
Old 29-05-2017, 10:58 PM   #22
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21310

Quote:
Not sure why its api.soundcloud? If its a private link just share the private link without embedding it as private links dont embed. Not sure just copy and paste the whole link in without the bb code maybe!
You can embed private links, it's just a bitch and a half. I do it all the time.

On soundcloud, click share, go to embed, and check the wordpress code box. Copy all that code in between the soundcloud wrappers in your post, then delete everything that isn't inside quotes within the code (including the quotes themselves). Mess any of that up (easier than it sounds) and it won't work.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 12:24 PM   #23
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7360

Hey all, I will see what I can do, though I am a bit late to the party and have no real concept of dub music. :/

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 02:55 PM   #24
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52310
Thanked 1,046 Times in 771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepr View Post
Hey all, I will see what I can do, though I am a bit late to the party and have no real concept of dub music. :/
Other than listening to a good bit of trip hop and lounge with copious reggae and dub references, that's me. Watching some YouTube vids on how to program a reggae beat. Feels like those guys in the movie Office Space, looking up money laundering in the dictionary. I know what it should sound like, tho

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
Creepr (31-05-2017)
Old 30-05-2017, 05:50 PM   #25
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837627

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Other than listening to a good bit of trip hop and lounge with copious reggae and dub references, that's me. Watching some YouTube vids on how to program a reggae beat. Feels like those guys in the movie Office Space, looking up money laundering in the dictionary. I know what it should sound like, tho
Secret to good dub is using your delay on a send rather than an insert and utilise feedback automation to taste. Simples

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 07:56 PM   #26
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69887319

Quote:
Secret to good dub is using MULTIPLE LFO CONTROLLED ANALOGUE delayS + SPRING REVERBS on sendS rather than insertS and utilise feedback automation to taste. Simples
FTFY.

Also I think the secret is a willingness to kill your musical darlings, if that makes any sense.

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #27
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb View Post
FTFY.

Also I think the secret is a willingness to kill your musical darlings, if that makes any sense.
Ironically you are correct sir! The samples are party from a project I was working on

------------------
Old 31-05-2017, 09:48 AM   #28
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7360

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
You know I was so focused on the "dubstep" references made that I was not even thinking about the original definition of dub music, which I do know something about. Derp. Time to get my inner King Tubby on. Now I also much better understand the issue of no skank sample...I was thinking too hard and thought that was some new reference that the cool kids use that I was not familiar with....double derp.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Creepr
MFXxx (31-05-2017)
Old 31-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #29
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Love the bass interpretation. ..divides da men from da bwoy ya na! !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
Old 31-05-2017, 05:59 PM   #30
-Agu-
Knob Twiddler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 4560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepr View Post
You know I was so focused on the "dubstep" references made that I was not even thinking about the original definition of dub music, which I do know something about. Derp. Time to get my inner King Tubby on. Now I also much better understand the issue of no skank sample...I was thinking too hard and thought that was some new reference that the cool kids use that I was not familiar with....double derp.
Btw do you know the original definition of dubstep? It's pretty far from any brostep.

------------------
-Agu- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to -Agu-
Rvrsal (01-06-2017)
Old 31-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #31
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC

The first dubstep I heard was like gabber reggae, and I loved it. Not so keen on the more formalised incarnation we have now.

------------------
Old 31-05-2017, 09:55 PM   #32
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
The first dubstep I heard was like gabber reggae, and I loved it. Not so keen on the more formalised incarnation we have now.
Well youve just introduced me to a sub genre Iwas never aware of. Listening to some its liek a rehash of a lot of original late 80's very early 90s rave tracks on the acid scene.

As for the rules [totally unrelated to brbs post].

1) Your track must be a minimum of 3 mins of a Dub Bass genre...think 60hz
If its dub #you genre here# and its bass then it works.Its 60hz not fucking 250-500hz but thats your artistic choice.

2) You can use one instrument of your choosing one instant only to complement the provided samples.

This will be the one influencing you genre here#

3) You can add vocals of any legal source that you choose.

If its on YouTube, FuckTube, Kodi, Accapella sites, your own rips, your voice...well what ever you can blatantly get away with lol...mines going to annoy the shit of some people!!! X

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
brb (31-05-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #33
Rvrsal
Minor Glitch
Rvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Agu- View Post
Btw do you know the original definition of dubstep? It's pretty far from any brostep.
Oh yeah, why oh why, everytime I say I enjoy dubstep, do I have to answer what my favorite track on Bangarang is...
Rvrsal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #34
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvrsal View Post
Oh yeah, why oh why, everytime I say I enjoy dubstep, do I have to answer what my favorite track on Bangarang is...
Did they do Robert DeNeros waiting and a Long Hot Summer in the 80s?

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
brb (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 08:49 PM   #35
Rvrsal
Minor Glitch
Rvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud ofRvrsal has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1010

Quote:
Did they do Robert DeNeros waiting and a Long Hot Summer in the 80s?

Huh? I think I lost you man haha
Rvrsal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Rvrsal
MFXxx (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #36
brb
Commie SJW

My mind went straight to Rye Spangle.

------------------
Old 02-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #37
-Agu-
Knob Twiddler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki

This isn't going as planned at all for me. Started by making the skank last evening. Now 6 hrs more into the track and that skank is still the one and only thing in the tune that distantly resembles dub.

------------------
Thanks to -Agu-
MFXxx (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 01:08 PM   #38
brb
Commie SJW

Please define skank, because I only know it as a (one legged) dance.

------------------
Old 02-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #39
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Got beats, bads, skanks and some dodgy YouTube vox down...now for the composition argh

------------------
Old 02-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #40
-Agu-
Knob Twiddler
Helsinki

Quote:
Please define skank, because I only know it as a (one legged) dance.
A hooker. Or a chord stab. Take your pick.

Advertisements

------------------