BB54 Space is the Place - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 25-04-2017, 11:43 PM   #21
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69887319
Re: BB54 Space is the Place

These could all be in the soundtrack to some weird Hungarian animated film banned by the communists in the 60s or something.

Advertisements

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to brb
Creepr (26-04-2017)
Old 25-04-2017, 11:55 PM   #22
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 8760

Here's my slice of generic planetarium yoga music i had lots of starts and stops and restarts.
this is mostly just variations on a pad with a short part of the moog sample in abletons sampler+some noises from ANS.

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 04:49 AM   #23
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7360

Sweet folks, I look forward to giving these all a listen today.
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, grats as well on you new addition and mad props on getting a submission in at all, seriously. Glad we could provide at least a little distractiion for you from you new normal chaos. ☺

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Creepr
MFXxx (26-04-2017)
Old 27-04-2017, 01:43 AM   #24
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21310

My vote is going to 7asid for being the most spacey and pretty to me. It reminded me of one of the Steve
Miller synth intros at one point, which is on the highest plane of space music. Congrats.:notafinga:

MFXxx, you were medium spacey. I don't think there's that many water sounds in space though.

brb and creepr, I get that your take on space may have been more about what recordings of space sound like (with glitches and stitches and so such) and may more accurately represent the sounds we have of space, but it's just not the music I think of when I think of space. Too cyber. Computers are a means to an end. In this case, space. But both of your songs made me think of computers too much. Low spacey. :badger:

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 07:48 AM   #25
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837627

My vote goes to 7asid, nice timbre all the way through.
No idea where the water sound comes from will have to relisten as all done in a couple of runs. Was going for more abandoned spaceship theme, change that to submarine lol.

*Edit #Relistened - yep I see the underwater vibe for sure.

The scene - a huge water globule floating in space and time!

Last edited by MFXxx; 27-04-2017 at 08:15 AM..

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
7asid (28-04-2017)
Old 27-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #26
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69887319

I'm voting for 7asid, too. His was the least frustratingly loopy (no offence intended, mine was also frustratingly loopy).

Really tough brief this time round.
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I wasn't aiming for computery or space recordings, I was trying for more of an analogue electronics pre-computer-music Radiophonic vibe. Thinking along the lines of Doctor Who and [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Obviously I used too much dBlue.

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to brb
7asid (28-04-2017)
Old 27-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #27
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany

I vote BRB. Your piece had a lot of great sounds, and truly sounded like an ambient take on a 50s sci-fi film score, I really dug it.

MFXxx, your track was freaking great for the short amount of time you had, respect. I especially liked the way you included my crappy ocarina.

7asid, I liked your track a lot as well, it totally has some of that Steve Miller vibe. I was just more in the mood for bleeps and bloops and sci-fi I guess tonight.

Overall, being my first time hosting a BB, I found it really cool to hear what you all did with the samples I cooked up, that is really cool, so thanks for participating.

also, sorry I did not get the tracks all posted up in one post like a good host would do...life kinda got away from me the last two days. Rest assured I have flogged myself the appropriate amount in penance.

------------------
Old 28-04-2017, 08:41 AM   #28
Creepr
Soundscaper
Germany

Fwiw I officially declare 7asid the winner. bring on BB55!

------------------
Old 28-04-2017, 10:36 AM   #29
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837627

Congrat 7asid - well deserved win

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
7asid (28-04-2017)
Old 28-04-2017, 11:15 PM   #30
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 8760

Alrighty just preparing the samples right now!

Advertisements

------------------

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote