Beat Battle 00110010 - The IDM Roots submission - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 02-03-2017, 08:10 PM   #101
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11478554
Re: Beat Battle 00110010 - The IDM Roots submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Voting closes midnight tonight

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
It closes at midnight tonight so that means it closes down in like 3.5 hours doesn't it?

Advertisements

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:19 PM   #102
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 9110

After a lot of deliberation... my vote goes to MFXxx

Not only because without him all this awesome wouldn't exist but because the submission ticked all boxes, was the one song I found myself listening to on repeat without noticing how long I had been for & has perfect balance of repetition and progression. Not to disappoint anyone else, as all of them were listenable on repeat... I guess I just have a thing for 4 to floor beats and dark atmospheres.

Thanks to everyone for another fun beat battle. I will be back tomorrow to see the results and to write a bit more feedback on some tracks I haven't got around to praising yet. Best of luck to all!

------------------
Soundcloud|You Tube|How Do Music|Broken Beats (D&B Comp)|BB64
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Neuralsphere
MFXxx (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #103
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming

I'll post my write up later, but as it is 12:36pm and I believe the voting ends in about 3.5 hours, and I'm at work and have school after, I'm throwing my vote:

White Noise, for the really quirky and random track. Really loved it, fun to listen to, very disjunct and random parts coming in, the odd overlapping rhythms at the start, made me decide White Noise has my vote.

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 02-03-2017, 11:49 PM   #104
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837677

Im voting Kaiuna. Something about this that works for me in this BB.
TBH all these subs ar so worthy for me other faourites Nerual, I/O, Kenophos and 7asid.

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Thanks for the fantastic and positive words, really encouraging

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:09 AM   #105
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 8760

So for my track I used the TAL Lush-101 plugin on the calm pad preset for my pad. I recorded some automation on it.

The rest of the melodic elements(except the guitar sample) all come from the minikorg sineopen sample, loaded into Ableton's sampler. I had the glide function on with different time settings.

I had trouble getting the drums to a place where i was happy and i think it shows that ive stiched different drum parts rather than keep it consistent but i hope theres some charm in that.

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------
7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:31 AM   #106
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Here's my write up:

7Asid/King Frost - Bb50
Like the bass that comes in around 1:20. Nice pads. Was that bass the added instrument? Like the change around 2:30. Slow dubstep tempo. Like the ending pad. dig the vibe. nice.

Creepr - Trip of a Lifetime
Liking the dialog. Together with the pad and beats it makes a nice chill vibe. The first part is really awesome. The synth sample in the second part sounds a bit out of place, and

Kenophos - beat50
Like the intro. I like the variation between the different sections. I see the reusal of that kick. Good utilizing

Kaiuna - IDMf BB50
Noice! This sounds awesome. Love the rhythmic splintering of samples. Could use more layers to thicken the sound.

MFXxx - Paternalism
Like the rising pad and the reverb. that "listen" sample caught my attention right away in the sample pack.
Also, I'm now confused as to what was meant by the two part rule.

White Noise - BB50 (6.25 BB8's)
Like the change about 1:30. Like the organ with the bass. I hear a pitch shifted something with the hats. I messed with that bass sample a bit when i was figuring out what to do. Love how random the song is. fun!!

thomas - Sample Session BB50
Thomas, guitar man! We both centered on that same drum beat. Like the happy bass line. Like the airy feel. Dig it!

highcombat - b0011001
the shortest beat battle submission! Like the piano-ness. And the whoppy sound in the back.

Neuralsphere - BB50 [IDMf Beat Battle]
Like the beats and the airy reverb. I thought of using the japanese sounding string/synth sample.

Neuralsphere - BB50 (IDMf Beat Battle) Second Sub
The glassy chime was piercing at higher levels, but after turning down my monitors I felt like I was in this glass chamber or something. cool stuff tho.

As I already posted, my vote is going to White Noise.

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 03-03-2017, 08:09 AM   #107
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Can someone verify I thought we had a winner but on a recount we have a dead tie!?

White Noise 1
Kaiuna1
MFXxx1
I/O Madness1
Neuralsphere 2
7asid 1

Last edited by MFXxx; 03-03-2017 at 08:37 AM..

------------------
Old 03-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #108
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21310

I believe thomas and kaiuna both voted for neuralsphere, but it was one for each track.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:36 AM   #109
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Thanks Whitenoise yep we have a winner

NEURALSPHERE

Last edited by MFXxx; 03-03-2017 at 11:18 AM..

------------------
Old 03-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #110
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7360

kinda hard to judge these things without some more inputs...single vote ties are lame cause all the tracks were good and we put in a lot of combined effort, feels like there is no forum love coming in. Is there some way we could maybe pimp the voting on these things and get more people involved in the future, or is that pushing the BBs beyond the original intent? I don't want to suggest we make it too big for it's britches or anything. I have not been around the BBs long enough to know the original vibe.
FWIW I think we could get a lot more observer action, maybe more participants, if the voting were longer, the contest was in a banner on the main page, or/and we cleaned up the voting with the polls that were used a few BBs back. Again, just my 2c. If anyone thinks this merits further discussion, we could start a new thread maybe. I defer here to the vets.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #111
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Hey Creepr agree and I hope Jaded sideband addition will help more moving forward.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk which I ducking hate see fecking typos Al over

Last edited by MFXxx; 03-03-2017 at 11:55 AM..

------------------
Old 03-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #112
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993580
Thanked 4,067 Times in 2,639 Posts

I always follow the BBs, even though I haven't been able to participate in the last... thirty rounds or so. I have listened to all the tracks yesterday or the day before that but I couldn't take much more time to make detailed reviews of each track, and I thought I was going to come back to cast a vote, but that seems over now?
Anyhow, I don't know how many of the non-participating members still browse the thread to look at what's going on. You can't know for sure. Part of me thinks the BBs have a strong potential of being just an insider thing, as there isn't really any reward for taking part in them other than enjoying being part of the community. When you have other things going on, it's probably hard for a lot of the users to make the BB a priority.
I just feel like time has been running very fast the last couple of months, and I usually just download the pack, play the samples, make a few fart noises, and then leave it for the day, and next thing I know the bb is over and the votes are due for the day after. It's just my experience of it, I understand if I had gotten more into that discipline, it wouldn't feel so unachievable.

Anyhow, I still enjoy listening to the outcome and I'm always amazed at the quality of the tracks produced there. I can't say how many other forumers are following the bbs even though they don't participate. I like that it exists, though.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:54 PM   #113
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands

Hey I'm super busy today, will be back to try figure out how to set one of these things up ASAP but will have to sit down in the evening to do so. Thanks for the votes, although I feel like it was an all out tie by the looks of things!

Got a rough idea of what to do, and should have it up by midnight UTC. Don't know how to set up a countdown thing though...? Would appreciate some insight

Anyway I'll be back around 5/6 UTC to start getting the samples together?

------------------

Old 03-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #114
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
Hey I'm super busy today, will be back to try figure out how to set one of these things up ASAP but will have to sit down in the evening to do so. Thanks for the votes, although I feel like it was an all out tie by the looks of things!

Got a rough idea of what to do, and should have it up by midnight UTC. Don't know how to set up a countdown thing though...? Would appreciate some insight

Anyway I'll be back around 5/6 UTC to start getting the samples together?
I can send you a link but if you quote my first post you'll see the code to the website and from there you should work it out if not drop me a pm I'll help.

------------------
Old 03-03-2017, 07:52 PM   #115
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Midlands

I'm back and working on the sample pack as I'm writing this, thanks for the advice MFXxx about the timer got that bit sorted... just made a google drive account too, and will be adding samples there... What's an average sample pack - I'm aiming for a dozen sounds, does that sound about right? Should have the new BB up and running in a couple of hours (touch wood) :badger:

------------------

Old 03-03-2017, 08:31 PM   #116
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
I'm back and working on the sample pack as I'm writing this, thanks for the advice MFXxx about the timer got that bit sorted... just made a google drive account too, and will be adding samples there... What's an average sample pack - I'm aiming for a dozen sounds, does that sound about right? Should have the new BB up and running in a couple of hours (touch wood) :badger:
Sound good. As many or few samples as you wish. You'll soon know if you got it right once posted lol.
Congrats mate your track is very nice.

------------------
Old 03-03-2017, 09:55 PM   #117
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Midlands

Beat Battle 51 up and running:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------