Beat Battle 49: All your Bass are Belong to us - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 14-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #41
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163691
Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,047 Posts
Re: Beat Battle 49: All your Bass are Belong to us

Ooooh, too bad neuralsphere, it was a dandy track that one. I made the same mistake in my first beat battle, but then I remade the beat with the samples provided and won actually. You still have 16 hours, nudge nudge..

Aaaand, nice one Creepr. You sure got that dnb stuff down there and you also managed to camouflage the noise on the kalimba sample Cool subs so far

Advertisements

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Thomas
Creepr (14-02-2017)
Old 14-02-2017, 09:29 AM   #42
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Aaaand, nice one Creepr. You sure got that dnb stuff down there and you also managed to camouflage the noise on the kalimba sample Cool subs so far
Thanks Thomas, that was I think the hardest part of the mixing now that I look back at it...I ended up squashing it first with a limiter to flatten the output, then I treated it with some reverb, a bit of saturation some rotary and a super tiny but if MMultibandgranulator (the "birdy" sounds best heard in the intro) and then I scooped it at the end with my EQ to clear the real deep bass and squelchy highs. Without the limiter the whole chane would overload at times making it impossible to listen to. I had started originally with EQ to deal with the noise and such but it just did not do anything to control the volume changes, so the limiter at the front turned out to be the key fix.

I can't wait to see what all gets submitted for this, there was so much potential in the samples.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #43
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69887319

What MONSTER chose the deadline as Valentine's day?

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to brb
I/O_Madness (16-02-2017)
Old 14-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #44
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC

Here's my main one:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Cheesier than I'd aimed for and the mix is shittier than normal. Sorry, no time to edit the end fade. Imagine it exists.

And I'll throw this semi-abandoned sketch in as a B-side:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Kind of going for a deep tracky house thing there.

------------------
Old 14-02-2017, 10:56 PM   #45
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand

And then the voting opens in ~2 hours as I write this. I will be off to bed now, totally trashed here at 23:00, I'm an olde mane, but here's the counter for voting.

Voting ends in

I will check out your tunes tomorrow, brb. And lebeux is the monster. He set those dates long ago, technically. Besides, Valentine's Day is not really a tradition here, although they are trying to squeeze it in hard - no lube. Happy love day!

------------------
Old 14-02-2017, 11:09 PM   #46
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

The Lineup

----------

Thomas

MFXxx

Creepr

brb

More may come within the next 1½h.

------------------
Old 15-02-2017, 12:12 AM   #47
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837627

These are great subs. Love Thomas's, proud of my own (better than I expected, but could have done more) after listening to Creeprs I was thinking damn and then BRB drops in.

I really like BRB's its got a great vibe to my ear, although not complete that middle section stands out to me so gets my vote.

Sorry creepr he just peeped you to the post! Thomas you always bring something special. Neuralsphere next time mate, next round

Happy Valentines mother fookers lol. Got the wife a card and nought else.
In return I get served muscles in a white wine and garlic dew, home made chocolate cake with Guinness Chocolate sauce, french bread topped with cheese and mushrooms. Damn Im spoilt!!

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
brb (15-02-2017)
Old 15-02-2017, 01:11 AM   #48
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11478454

argh wish I had tonight to work on it. I might make something anyway.

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #49
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

You're always welcome to use the samples for whatevelon anyway, IO. They are hereby creative commons licensed as public domain. CC0.

Nice one(s) brb. Twisty and turny.

My vote goes to MFXxx, but it was in a hard race with Creepr's DnB.

------------------
Old 15-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #50
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany

These are some nice subs indeed. My vote goes to MFXxx.

MfXxx: The melodies/hooks work really nicely together in your track, it is catchy. The low end seems a bit repetitive over the length of the track and for my ears a bit crunchier that it needed to be..seems some detail was lost there. But the overall effect is a stupidly catchy track which is what pushed it over the edge as my pick.

Thomas: I just like the glitch going on and the added bass has a lot going on with it, and as the challenge was to BYOBass for me the usage of said bass is a strong point here. What did you use for it?

BRB, I really liked the sort-of-sax you got out of the samples in particular, that was very nice and the overall vibe, it just seemed a bit sparse in the middle. I also really like the siren effect in the middle which sample was that?

The choice was harder than my first BB (47) which is testament to the samples and the efforts both. Bring on BB50!

------------------
Thanks to Creepr
MFXxx (16-02-2017)
Old 15-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #51
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepr View Post
Thomas: I just like the glitch going on and the added bass has a lot going on with it, and as the challenge was to BYOBass for me the usage of said bass is a strong point here. What did you use for it?
Everybody asks about that bass hehe..

All my bass are belong to me.. But..

It's Harmless VST

------------------
Old 15-02-2017, 04:51 PM   #52
brb
Commie SJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepr View Post
These are some nice subs indeed. My vote goes to MFXxx.

MfXxx: The melodies/hooks work really nicely together in your track, it is catchy. The low end seems a bit repetitive over the length of the track and for my ears a bit crunchier that it needed to be..seems some detail was lost there. But the overall effect is a stupidly catchy track which is what pushed it over the edge as my pick.

BRB, I really liked the sort-of-sax you got out of the samples in particular, that was very nice and the overall vibe, it just seemed a bit sparse in the middle. I also really like the siren effect in the middle which sample was that?

The choice was harder than my first BB (47) which is testament to the samples and the efforts both. Bring on BB50!
The siren-like thing was a stretched, looped and pitch enveloped glockenspiel through some ring modulation, distortion, compressor, vibrato, autofilter, and more distortion (in that order).

Much of the sax sound was realised through misuse of the 'acoustic' vst by xoxos.

I'm torn between mfxxx and creepr too. I guess since mfxxx stayed closer to the brief it has to be him (but it could easily have gone either way).

------------------
Thanks to brb
MFXxx (16-02-2017)
Old 15-02-2017, 07:50 PM   #53
Creepr
Soundscaper
Germany

Sounds like we have a winner then. Just out of curiosity BrB, what did you mean by MF staying closer to the brief? That he stuck to the original samples more? Just looking for an edge next time is all.

------------------
Thanks to Creepr
I/O_Madness (16-02-2017)
Old 16-02-2017, 12:47 AM   #54
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 9110

I really enjoyed listening to all the subs, they all have their individual merits I think everyone wins at being badass. I might be new here, but this was a great project and I'm excited for the next one, albeit intimidated by the competition. I doubt I'll forget any of the songs (or samples) for a long while. Not sure if I'm allowed after forfeiting, but...

Jizz the Jazz has been stuck in my head also... Not just the name, but the catchy-as-sin bassline. MFXxx has mystical powers, and my vote. It was a great line-up and a tough choice to make, props to all.
Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Neuralsphere
MFXxx (16-02-2017)
Old 16-02-2017, 12:51 AM   #55
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands

Also, I need to brush up on SliceX... This might be cheeky to ask for on here, but does anyone know of a good tutorial that doesn't waffle?
Old 16-02-2017, 02:53 AM   #56
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming

thomas - Factory Mechanics
Like the beat, and the general groove of the song. Everything goes into a beat nicely. I would've liked more splicing and dicing and cutting on the drums, but still the beat was nice. cool stuff!

MFXxx - Jizz the Jazz Jungle
Like the uptempo sub. Like the changes in key, they give the song a bit more deviation from the samples. Cool stuff.

Creepr - Love that bass. Like the offbeat flutes. Cool vibe.

brb - bb49_2
Like the dark/acidy bass, and the general dark vibe of the track. I see you tamed the wheeeeooooo sound a bit.

My vote goes to @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. The bass and dnb were awesome, and really liked the energy. Dig it!!

I love beat battle!!! We need more beats!

------------------

I/O_Madness
Currently Listening To: Justice - Waters of Nazareth
Thanks to I/O_Madness
Creepr (16-02-2017)
Old 16-02-2017, 07:40 AM   #57
Creepr
Soundscaper
Germany

Thanks man. I appreciate it Also, I was apparently confused earlier..I thought only people who entered could vote so I maybe jumped the gun. Derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
thomas - Factory Mechanics
Like the beat, and the general groove of the song. Everything goes into a beat nicely. I would've liked more splicing and dicing and cutting on the drums, but still the beat was nice. cool stuff!

MFXxx - Jizz the Jazz Jungle
Like the uptempo sub. Like the changes in key, they give the song a bit more deviation from the samples. Cool stuff.

Creepr - Love that bass. Like the offbeat flutes. Cool vibe.

brb - bb49_2
Like the dark/acidy bass, and the general dark vibe of the track. I see you tamed the wheeeeooooo sound a bit.

My vote goes to @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. The bass and dnb were awesome, and really liked the energy. Dig it!!

I love beat battle!!! We need more beats!

------------------
Thanks to Creepr
I/O_Madness (16-02-2017)
Old 16-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #58
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Tell your friends! Tell your relatives! Tell the guy at 7-11 that you see there all the time. Tell your mom!

Beat Battle!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///(*_*)*_*(*_*)*_*(*_*)

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 16-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #59
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
Tell your friends! Tell your relatives! Tell the guy at 7-11 that you see there all the time. Tell your mom!

Beat Battle!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///(*_*)*_*(*_*)*_*(*_*)
I told that guy at the store... I should've snapped a pic of his derp face. Total confusion, instigated by yours truly, went a bit like 'Beat Battle Fiddy, see you in a biddy, tell yo mama too, idmf beat battles rule. I'll have a large pouch of tobacco, a lighter, and a pack of gum please. What? Oh that? What even was that? I don't know man.' #SUBLIMINAL!
Thanks to Neuralsphere
I/O_Madness (17-02-2017)
Old 16-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #60
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Midlands

The next beat battle starts tomorrow right? I'm like a kid waiting for xmas day lol

Advertisements

Thanks to Neuralsphere
I/O_Madness (17-02-2017)