Beat Battle 39 - Eno meets breakcore - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

View Poll Results: Beat Battle 39
Liquid Air - Music for mental wards. 1 100.00%
mnkvolcno - Shitty future. 0 0%
Chozo Tull - Somewhere things still... 0 0%
vzahmima - Hračka Závadu. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-09-2016, 06:21 AM   #41
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837627
Re: Beat Battle 39 - Eno meets breakcore

To be honest I had a pop last night and stuff led to get a decent kick from the samples. ..so of anything I'm going Eno. But I may not have time to sub on this one and leave it to the pros.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 09:11 AM   #42
Valk
Microknight
Valk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3110

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I'm pretty close to burning out from double-jobbing and I think this state makes me lose that 'creative block' and I just wing it and lay down sounds, effects and midi like there's no tomorrow - I would recommend letting go of self-judgement and exploring every thought instead of thinking what people will think
Thank you for the kind words

That's a good idea, it's too late for me though so i'll have to be fair and listen to everything as it's submitted

You speak as if inexperienced but I gotta go look up 'industrial breakcore' now because i'm full plebeian

I'm gonna try go fast, maybe make a super high BPM thing with these samples, I haven't ventured beyond 165 Bpm and managed to finish a track yet it gets messy really easy at those high tempos hey?
I could not for a heck get a decent kick sound going from the samples and stumbled upon the bell bass very happily

bruhh where's the pros at? the whole point of beat battle is to experiment regardless of skill level is what I've made of it, but i'm still new to this IDMforum thing

This community is the bees knees
Valk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #43
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 183810
Thanked 3,676 Times in 2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post

..I would recommend letting go of self-judgement and exploring every thought instead of thinking what people will think
Thank you for the kind words
I really appreciate your support and recommendation, but I don't think you really know me, do you? With hindsight I guess what I posted must have implied I'm a little insecure, when the truth is something very different.

All I was saying is I know I could have done better technically..that it was a rushed job..and anyone who knows me would have understood that. That's not self-doubt..but a statement of fact, out of respect for and acknowledgment of the level of talent of the other guys taking part in this.

Again, I REALLY appreciate your kind words..thanks..I mean that..as well as what I said about your own track.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Valk (21-09-2016)
Old 21-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #44
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25960

Quote:

I'm gonna try go fast, maybe make a super high BPM thing with these samples, I haven't ventured beyond 165 Bpm and managed to finish a track yet it gets messy really easy at those high tempos hey?

Doesn't have to be, Just treat it as half time.

------------------
mnkvolcno is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 05:42 AM   #45
Valk
Microknight
Valk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
really
Does anyone really know anyone else?
Does not really knowing me happen if I've held something back from you?
If that's true we don't know our parents or anyone for that matter because everyone holds something back.
Right here, right now, I feel like I do know you - not well and only as far as this persona has gone in my experience - It just seemed like you were a little down and i'm always trying to ripple out those good vibes

I felt the need to inspire you just a little, triggering you wasn't my intention but i'm impressed at how you handled it

gotta go fast

RestOfYouReadingThis
tick tock tick tock
Old 22-09-2016, 05:57 AM   #46
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC

Quote:
Bruh..

Not sure you understood what I meant. I mean. Let's say your track is 180bpm... Pretend like it's 90. In other words, make 90 bpm phrases.

Hell, you could make a whole track at 90 bpm and then go back and convert it to 180. A lot of times in jazz people say shit like "feel it in 2".. And what they mean as that when you're playing at higher tempos, it's exhausting to be like "1234 1234" so instead you think "1-2 1-2 1-2."

Does that make sense. lol I should be asleep right now :/

------------------
Old 22-09-2016, 07:20 AM   #47
Valk
Microknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
Does that make sense. lol I should be asleep right now :/
Bruh it makes perfect sense i'm sorry my comment was retarded

A fun thing I like to do when trying new things, make some kind of song at 140-170bpm and then just go and drop that bpm to like 20 - 40 and go from there - makes for really interesting sounds,
exactly halving the tempo (even temporarily) really helps to spot bad timings or out of rhythm sounds

I do believe people constrict themselves to a random very specific tempo all too often, for no reason.

genre!=tempo
:problemofficer:

side note, some of my fav tempos
- 76-90 with 3 bar and 3/4 bar loops is fun
- 140 works good if you halve it, lay down drums and double it - or drum it and then halve it
- make a track @88 and double it, instant breakcore? XD

there's something about how the piano roll looks at different tempos that make the half and double tempos result in me making different patterns
Thanks to Valk
mnkvolcno (22-09-2016)
Old 22-09-2016, 04:23 PM   #48
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Does anyone really know anyone else?
Does not really knowing me happen if I've held something back from you?
If that's true we don't know our parents or anyone for that matter because everyone holds something back.
Right here, right now, I feel like I do know you - not well and only as far as this persona has gone in my experience - It just seemed like you were a little down and i'm always trying to ripple out those good vibes

I felt the need to inspire you just a little, triggering you wasn't my intention but i'm impressed at how you handled it
Point taken..and you feeling the need to step in with encouragement is..well..encouraging.

Maybe you do have a sense of who I am..obviously you must have..as well as one can from dealing with others online, but trust me, you got it wrong this time round..seriously.

I was basically dealing with a lot of things..in a busy sort of way..nothing negative or gloomy..just up the ways with stuff to do. I was managing an album release online, that launched yesterday..dealing with another artist whom I doing a colab with, working on an album of my own..as well as studio work offline with two different people..plus the usual day-to-day family stuff that demands time from us all.

In short..stressed a little, maybe..down, upset or insecure..not at all.

But again, thanks for taking the time to be mindful enough to be there..really appreciate.

------------------
Old 22-09-2016, 07:17 PM   #49
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

I swear.. The people who do beat battles are the coolest people on the forum no contest.

------------------
Thanks to mnkvolcno
A.M (22-09-2016)
Old 22-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #50
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
I swear.. The people who do beat battles are the coolest people on the forum no contest.
Dont count me in on that. Wife calls me an old fucking shite...shes right of course 12 years her senior, but the music sets me free from irl Who am IO kidding shes the cool one for tolerating so much from an old git!

------------------
Old 24-09-2016, 02:27 PM   #51
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52310
Thanked 1,046 Times in 771 Posts

So, regarding sound sources and VST's. What's the consensus around using vocoders, grain synthesizers, or sample based synths utilized to mangle the samples provided? I've been checking out NI Form, which is neat and imo sort of a sampler. Or The Mangle, which is a nifty grain synth. I'd consider it fair game as there's no other sound source than the sample. But vocoders, by definition require a carrier signal.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
MFXxx (24-09-2016)
Old 24-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #52
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
So, regarding sound sources and VST's. What's the consensus around using vocoders, grain synthesizers, or sample based synths utilized to mangle the samples provided? I've been checking out NI Form, which is neat and imo sort of a sampler. Or The Mangle, which is a nifty grain synth. I'd consider it fair game as there's no other sound source than the sample. But vocoders, by definition require a carrier signal.

I would say no on vocoders, as the samples are not the sound source.

Yes on granular synths as they are literally just samplers set up in a specific way.

I usually say no on additive synths (resynthesis) even though no one would likely be able to tell.

------------------
Old 24-09-2016, 08:27 PM   #53
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

I am kind of new to the intricacies to things so I need to ask as well. Would taking your sample and putting it in a sampler work? Or is it straight up effects added to the audio clip?
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
mnkvolcno (25-09-2016)
Old 25-09-2016, 12:38 AM   #54
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
I am kind of new to the intricacies to things so I need to ask as well. Would taking your sample and putting it in a sampler work? Or is it straight up effects added to the audio clip?
Haha..

Use a sampler. Mangle away. Bounce down audio and load it back into a sampler. Whatevs. Just make sure that the audio is the original source and you're gold

------------------
Old 26-09-2016, 02:50 AM   #55
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52310
Thanked 1,046 Times in 771 Posts

Ok, this entry isn't mixed or mastered, yet, but I'll just put it out there at my own peril. I hope I have some time to do a proper mix down and master, but the arrangement is there. Titled: Music for metntal wards (where is my thorazine mix). Regarding the place I had in mind, we;;, I hope its plain and obvious. So, here is your nosebleed 350 bpm nightmare...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 09:47 PM   #56
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

Hey guys and gals. Here is my submission. Not quite as finished as I'd like but I know this is my last session working on it before the deadline. I have a bunch of classes tomorrow and it is my sister's birthday party tonight. Enjoy!

"-The year is 2071, the Korean Federation has actualized true artificial intelligence. A mech-wombat doll driven to madness by his newfound consciousness decides to start the factory of his origin on fire. This is the dying android-marsupial's theme..."

Last edited by vashima; 26-09-2016 at 10:46 PM..
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to vashima
MFXxx (26-09-2016)
Old 26-09-2016, 09:59 PM   #57
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Nice subs guys...keep them coming. Love the fact you may have put some thought into the context of sound vs scenario.

As I said, I knew I was going to have to bow out of this one. Too much going on IRL and had some commitments to beta testing software this week (Im a lucky fucker and enjoy free music software)!

Anyway my contribution is a couple of sample packs. Only for the beat battlers, loafers and lurkers of the BB forums. Was going to make it general forum access but want some genuine IDMfer's to benefit rather than a few post leechers.

A couple of packs for you both from since ceased websites, so hopefully no infringements here (if so let me know and I'll take this down immediately).

Want to pay credit to serious-sounds.net for their pack, website went after some sad news of the host (as far as I understand, think his name was Matt but maybe way wrong), had a conversation with him once in PM and whilst I hope the news and reason behind the site going down not true, if it was always a sad loss if it is (Im a cynic on the internet, but kind of know the truth, I just like to kid myself for an alternative reality of bad news unless I witness it with my own eyes).

The other one from sound resource.eu is one I picked up a long time ago.

Two packs up for grabsfull of various one hits, samples, loops and so on. All very usable.
Hard n Bouncy approx 23mb
Sound Source.eu approx 750mb+

Your free dance shit and sounds here!!! Go make some noise....please

Enjoy. May not be up for long so just a heads up if the link goes dead, someone else will have to repost.

Peace

M

Last edited by MFXxx; 27-09-2016 at 08:19 AM..

------------------
Old 26-09-2016, 10:04 PM   #58
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Nice subs guys...keep them coming. Love the fact you may have put some thoguht into the context of sound vs scenario.

As I said, I knew I was going to have to bow out of this one. Too much going on IRL and had some commitments to beta testing software this week (Im a lucky fucker and enjoy free music software)!

Anyway my contriubtion is a couple of sample packs. Only for the beat battlers, loafers and lurkers of the BB forums. Was going to make it general forum access but want some genuine IDMfer's to benefit rather than a few post leechers.

A couple of packs for you both from since ceased websites, so hopefully no infringements here (if so let me know and I'll take this down immediately).

Want to pay credit to serious-sounds.net for their pack, website went after some sad news of the host (as far as I understand, think his name was Matt but maybe way wrong), had a conversation with him once in PM and whilst I hope the news and reason behind the site going down not true, if it was always a sad loss if it is (Im a cynic on the internet, but kind of know the truth, I just like to kid myself for an alternative reality of bad news unless I witness it with my own eyes).

The other one from sound resource.eu is one I picked up a long time ago.

Two packs up for grabsfull of various one hits, samples, loops and so on. All very usable.
Har n Boundy approx 23mb
Sound Source.eu approx 750mb+

Your free dance shit and sounds here!!! Go make some noise....please

Enjoy. May not be up for long so just a heads up if the link goes dead, someone else will have to repost.

Peace

M
Cheers..downloading as I type. Nice one..mucho grassyarse!

------------------
Thanks to A.M
MFXxx (26-09-2016)
Old 27-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #59
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Last day for submissions people. Closese midnight tonight and voting cast off tomorrow. Goodluck.

------------------
Old 27-09-2016, 03:55 PM   #60
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 14960

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Here's my sub.

I imagine a sort of off-planet underground station which never was manned. All automated. And something went wrong outside, but the machines still work.

At least that's my excuse for sounding like cack

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote