BB55 think outside the (beat) box - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 10-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #21
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69887369
Re: BB55 think outside the (beat) box

White Noise:
Absolutely love the phasing rhythm. Very Reich-like. I often experiment with these tricks but rarely share the results. More of this sort of thing, please.

Oatbag:
Love the chromatic rising chords, like the tune is frustratedly trying to get in tune with itself... Good length too.

7asid:
Quality. Reminds me of A Guy Called Gerald, and also reminds me a lot of The Art Of Noise. Could be shorter or structured with more variation for the length imo.

MFXxx:
My kind of techno (usually the shortest track on the b-side ). Could have done with more oomph with the kick and low end, but the screaming alarm is awesome.

My vote goes to 7asid (with MFXxx coming a very close second).

Advertisements

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #22
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837677

Im struggling with these to decide
White noise with the offbeat and tonal disharmony standouts, 7asid with the flow and depth, brb with the depth and texture, OB with the beats...

Voting brb with a close tie to 7asid!
Interesting and unusual BB. Wish I had more time in studio than with nappies!!!!

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:34 AM   #23
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21310

It's really tough to put this to a vote... listening to every one of your tracks I'm really impressed by the sound design and what you all got out of the source material (forgive me for not just writing this four times). All of you had pretty believable synths and punchy drums.

I think I'm going to go with Oatbag just because I liked it most and he ran a great project on the forum and still found time to come and fool around with us. Great work dude!

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:15 PM   #24
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 8760

I'll do feedback later but my vote goes to White Noise!

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #25
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 8760

Someone break this tie for the love of god

------------------

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 06:45 PM   #26
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 108250
Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,390 Posts

Fine... brb you win! grats yo.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
7asid (13-05-2017)
Old 13-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #27
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Well played brb...
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
s fuck I hate clowns, change that bloody avatar please

------------------
Old 13-05-2017, 10:44 PM   #28
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC

Shit. What do I do and when?

------------------
Old 13-05-2017, 11:31 PM   #29
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb View Post
Shit. What do I do and when?
Smaples pack and 3 rules by Friday 12th We are lagging a bit....

nice win, as I said a close tie in to my ears between you and 7asid.

------------------
Old 14-05-2017, 03:45 AM   #30
brb
Commie SJW

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Serious stipulation this time.

Advertisements

------------------