Finding singers online!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
DJ Hawes
Microknight
DJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improve
Torquay
MC Status: -109180
Finding singers online!

Hey guys,

So im actually struggling to find singers local to me that have the sort of sound im looking for. I have done the normal thing of messaging singers I find on Youtube etc but yet none of the ones I like reply...

My question is, is there a place any of you know about where you can sort of post a job and singers will then *bid* for the job, or at least show an interest in it? There are similar sites for normal freelancer work I use all the time for my business and I figured surly there must be one for the music industry?? Any idea?

Thanks

Advertisements

DJ Hawes is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #2
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560
Re: Finding singers online!

craigslist.com has a "gigs" section. I met a musician looking for a "producer" there.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:42 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8537430
Thanked 6,930 Times in 4,932 Posts

fiverr.com is an option if you want cheap

vocalizr seems more what you are looking for though

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 02:01 PM   #4
CoffeeDJ91
IDMf's latest spammer
CoffeeDJ91 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Yeah I actually am in the same boat... I tried live mic nights but so bad, not looking for cheap either I am looking for good but good value, so more like good singers trying to get out there
CoffeeDJ91 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 12:56 AM   #5
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 19660

you need to sort out a portfolio first of all your work the idea you want/alredy have most singers thease days will want a track off you first /something they can get behind dont just go and message them on youtube/facebvook all random like because it could lead to mile stalking also it goes with word of mouth to the singers i can get/ have used are either from a difdferent genre and lookinhg toi branch out bor i know them from friends or i went to collage with them. Also even if you get a portfolio of yopur work send them a few track/ ideas it still comes down to weather or not they are still willing to work with you most decent singers thease days will have enough equipment in there home or have a studio they use to record a vocal and then send it you anyway (thats how i get vocals from my tracks thease days.) We then gater ideas together for the track regarding her vocals and even feedback on the track as a hole via skype. Also and thbis is kind of a big point nbo good singer wont sing unle youve been sighned already to a label even just a small indy or you have great responce from yoiur songs on soundcloud or youtube because if you dont then in this day and age you will not get a good singer im afraraid.
It comes down to weather they can benifit from working with you just as much as your going to benifit from useing them.
If your shits getting noticed then theyll get noticed if your shit is not getting noticed then they wont get noticed and tell you to basically fuck off.

Last edited by joem; 26-09-2017 at 01:03 AM..

Advertisements

joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote