Lunaris
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:48 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171910
Thanked 3,438 Times in 2,566 Posts
Lunaris

I'm currently waiting for the upcoming release of [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, from the acclaimed sound designer Luftrum.

Some of you might not recognize his name, but the chances are you're more than familiar with his work already, especially if you use Alchemy. His "sounds" can be found on albums and movies, one of the most recent being 50 Shades of Grey, for which he designed synth presets for Danny Elfman, that can be heard in the original movie score.

Lunaris
is..as he says on his site.. "..a 5GB Kontakt based pad instrument that containing classic analog pads to warm shimmering pads, cinematic string pads, lush ambient pads and any pad in between." Basically Pad heaven.

He said over on KVR it will come with presets by not only himself, but with work from the likes of Arksun, Bigtone, Himalaya..and Brandon Clark to name but a few. Sorry if this post is reading like a promo puff piece.it's not meant to be. I'm just really excited about this and wanted to let anyone who might be interested on here know about if, if by chance they didn't already know.

Even though this is a Kontakt based pad instrument, you won't need the full version to use it..it will run unrestricted in the free Kontakt player..meaning there won't be the usual 15 minute limit that is often the case.

It goes on sale later this month on his site..and I'm sure other outlets, too..for $159, but he will be offering it initially at a discounted intro price when it's first released.

In the meantime, if you're as interested in this as I am, then search for it over on YouTube..he already has a few videos up about it, that go into detail about what it can do..which is pretty cool. Basically..and I really do mean this..if pads are your thing, then I think this will take care of them for you for a long time to come.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:23 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8529430
Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,823 Posts
Re: Lunaris

Not sure I had a Luftrum pack, but I know his work a bit. BigTone's pack on Alchemy was massive. I'm sure this will be a stellar instrument.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 10:32 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171910
Thanked 3,438 Times in 2,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Not sure I had a Luftrum pack, but I know his work a bit. BigTone's pack on Alchemy was massive. I'm sure this will be a stellar instrument.
Yeah, like I said, I'm pretty stoked about this one..I think this will be "best release of the year" for Kontakt..there's a lot gone into this puppy..should really be good. I know I'll get a load of use out of it from the get-go..extra handy for ambient track beds.

As for if you have a Luftrum pack..48 of his presets are included in the Factory bank that came with it..so, yeah, guess you have his stuff then.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:08 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8529430
Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,823 Posts

Oh ok. Ill have a look at those presets. I try not to gas out on software but this looks pretty awesome. Ill need to wait for fall semester but ill be having a listen to this in the meantime.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (06-07-2017)