Korg monologue
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 29-04-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
DoomBrain
Granular Poster
DoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710
Korg monologue

Any thoughts on this?

I was thinking about getting one, I need a small midi keyboard anyway (as the one I have is old and too big) so I thought this may hit 2 birds with one stone as in I will hav e a cool synth also.

Not sure if it is worth it though as of course they hover around the 300-400 mark.

Advertisements

DoomBrain is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8530130
Thanked 6,784 Times in 4,834 Posts
Re: Korg monologue

Ive heard a lot of great things about it. Sequencer will record knob movments. The US price point is spot on Id say.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 01:59 AM   #3
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25310

they sound terrific to me

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #4
DoomBrain
Granular Poster
DoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to beholdDoomBrain is a splendid one to behold

I think this one has had input from Aphex Twin, unless I have that mixed up with another one.
Old 30-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBrain View Post
I think this one has had input from Aphex Twin, unless I have that mixed up with another one.
I believe he may have done some of the presets.

I actually almost bought a Monologue not long ago myself. I think its a cool synth and seems more immediately accessible than something like Dave Smith Mopho (even the Keys edition, really). It seems like it can do a lot + acid-ish stuff well. It is not a requirement, but if someone who makes electronic music can afford a hardware synth or a drum machine I think its really worth the experience. Korg have a long history of making affordable, but very usable so-called "entry level" machines for electronic music.

It is hard to go wrong with Korg in this arena. I'd recommend them all day long for first time hardware owners.

EDIT: Again, I think you'll really enjoy the sequencer. I've a bit of a fetish for a good sequencer myself, and Korg have always done well with them. Often called "poor man's Elektron".

------------------
Old 30-04-2017, 08:50 PM   #6
DoomBrain
Granular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I believe he may have done some of the presets.

I actually almost bought a Monologue not long ago myself. I think its a cool synth and seems more immediately accessible than something like Dave Smith Mopho (even the Keys edition, really). It seems like it can do a lot + acid-ish stuff well. It is not a requirement, but if someone who makes electronic music can afford a hardware synth or a drum machine I think its really worth the experience. Korg have a long history of making affordable, but very usable so-called "entry level" machines for electronic music.

It is hard to go wrong with Korg in this arena. I'd recommend them all day long for first time hardware owners.

EDIT: Again, I think you'll really enjoy the sequencer. I've a bit of a fetish for a good sequencer myself, and Korg have always done well with them. Often called "poor man's Elektron".
Sounds like a good first synth then, always wanted something like this.

Agree, the experience of a hands on approach would be fun and I assume you may get a true raw sound from this compared to a computer. A korg or Roland drum machine would be a nice to have also if cost was limitless.
Old 30-04-2017, 10:40 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

I think the Monologue sounds great. But I would say to not have crrazy high expectations that its going to jump out of the box and immediately sound 100% better than software. I would say that about any synth.

Advertisements

------------------