How to find the music from this clip? Played during Dior haute couture runway show
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Track ID's & Tracklistings Post & Request Tracklistings & Track ID's

Old 27-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
Heiligenschein
IDMf's latest spammer
Heiligenschein will become famous soon enoughHeiligenschein will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
How to find the music from this clip? Played during Dior haute couture runway show

I don't know how to find this music other than posting a question in a forum such as this. The music clip starts at 35:39 during this interview of John Galliano by Charlie Rose: youtubedotcomslashwatch?v=M97qRItJc2I&t=2169s Very unique, I love the way the piano is used, strange. It was played during the Christian Dior Fall 2000 Haute Couture runway show.

Last edited by Heiligenschein; 27-03-2017 at 06:35 PM..

Advertisements

Heiligenschein is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Pryda: Loving You (Original Mix)
Old 27-03-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18024319
Re: How to find the music from this clip? Played during Dior haute couture runway sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiligenschein View Post
I don't know how to find this music other than posting a question in a forum such as this. The music clip starts at 35:39 during this interview of John Galliano by Charlie Rose: youtubedotcomslashwatch?v=M97qRItJc2I&t=2169s Very unique, I love the way the piano is used, strange. It was played during the Christian Dior Fall 2000 Haute Couture runway show.
i would suggest ripping the audio, cutting out the section with the track in, removing as much of the extra (signal that is not the music, dialogue e.t.c.) as possible and uploading it to online shazam or something similar.

if you have no idea where to start or what i am talking about then you are probably asking on the wrong forum. although you might find somebody who wants to do it for you for the fun, if youre lucky

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #3
Heiligenschein
IDMf's latest spammer
Heiligenschein will become famous soon enoughHeiligenschein will become famous soon enough
Re: How to find the music from this clip? Played during Dior haute couture runway sho

That type of music is so foreign to this site?? I thought its close enough to the electronic music scene. I don't know how to edit the clip out like you say. I'll look elsewhere and check this thread periodically, thanks.
Old 28-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #4
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC

no music is foreign to this site, i can say that with confidence even though i didnt watch the video.
maybe others will disagree with me, but this place is what it is because of the giving AND taking and general sharing of information. i know that once you get your answer we will never see you again so im not going to waste my time even converting your link into a url that i can use, let alone the other stuff.

call me a cunt, but...
...well, just call me a cunt i suppose.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 28-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
Toothpinch
Radial Developer
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1960

Try Shazam.

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 03:27 PM   #6
Heiligenschein
IDMf's latest spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
no music is foreign to this site, i can say that with confidence even though i didnt watch the video.
maybe others will disagree with me, but this place is what it is because of the giving AND taking and general sharing of information. i know that once you get your answer we will never see you again so im not going to waste my time even converting your link into a url that i can use, let alone the other stuff.

call me a cunt, but...
...well, just call me a cunt i suppose.
How do you know you won't love the song in the clip? Which would lead you to find music you've never heard before? I thought that went without saying. Thats the "giving".

It says "learning the ropes" under my name. What do you want me to give you? Where are the qualifications to join this site? I don't see any required reading. You have to start somewhere. Aren't you excited about attracting new fans?
Old 28-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #7
Parricide

Quote:
How do you know you won't love the song in the clip? Which would lead you to find music you've never heard before? I thought that went without saying. Thats the "giving".

It says "learning the ropes" under my name. What do you want me to give you? Where are the qualifications to join this site? I don't see any required reading. You have to start somewhere. Aren't you excited about attracting new fans?
you are free to join and participate as much as you like, and you will probably be met with much friendlier and helpful replies than i am giving you (most of the people here are not massive cunts like me).
all i am saying is i am not going to do the work for you. somebody else might.

have you tried shazam, as suggested by toothpinch?

i believe there is some required reading (the rules) when you sign up, which i doubt says you need to be in to music production to join, in fact i know there are people here who fit right in who do not produce, but it also does not state that i must help you.

all im saying is that im not going to do the work it takes to separate the music from any other noise and to trim it down to a length that a site like shazam will require.

if you were asking for advice on how to do this though, i would help, but you will probably give up any interest when you saw how much work was required to learn the basic skills.
or maybe im wrong, maybe you would fall in love with audio technology and become a frequent member here, idk, but im not doing the work for you when i struggle to find the time to do it for myself.

there is also the chance that somebody might happen to know it from memory. i wish you luck with that since its the easiest way to get your answer.

but as i said, i dont speak for the whole forum, most people are friendlier than me, stick around and you might get lucky.

------------------
signature loading...
Thanks to Parricide
A.M (28-03-2017)
Old 28-03-2017, 07:33 PM   #8
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181060
Thanked 3,621 Times in 2,700 Posts

Moby - In My Heart

If only they were all that easy.

See..we're not all cunts on here..just in case that's what you were thinking. And..for the record, Parricide is a rather exemplary kind of lovable cunt, one who is fondly thought of and held in high regard on here, I might add.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 08:05 PM   #9
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 106800
Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,376 Posts

It's the whole "help me to help you" thing though that parricide is talking about. If I found a clip and said - it's too obscure, shazam gives no results. You'd be more likely to want to help me since at least I showed that I put some effort into it!

It's the reason why LMGTFY exists. Though I guess LMGTFY is on the passive aggressive side.
http://bfy.tw/3WE

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 02:17 AM   #10
Heiligenschein
IDMf's latest spammer

If there was real give and take I would PM personally and your response would be based on a relationship. Why would you come to this thread expecting some give? My wasted effort doesnt give you anything. Its a contradiction. You could actually get some unheard music out of it so there was not over-entitlement in my asking.

Thank you A.M you're the kind of person I was hoping for. I'm glad it was that easy for you. You wouldn't visit this thread unless you were expecting to be a little charitable, I would think.

The piano sounds too flat, needs to sound deeper. The way it sounds in the interview clip with the echo and acoustics is so amazing. The video goes incredibly well with the music.

I checked 11 live performances of the song and Moby screws it up everytime. So disappointing.

1:25
Thanks to Heiligenschein
A.M (29-03-2017)
Old 29-03-2017, 05:58 AM   #11
Parricide

nice one A.M
im glad you got your answer heiligenschein. i would not have known it so im glad i didnt bother trying
certainly glad i didnt go through all that work when A.M knew it already too.

oatbag is spot on too. toothpinch offered a solution and didnt even get a response.

------------------
signature loading...
Thanks to Parricide
A.M (29-03-2017)
Old 29-03-2017, 07:14 AM   #12
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
If there was real give and take I would PM personally and your response would be based on a relationship. Why would you come to this thread expecting some give? My wasted effort doesnt give you anything. Its a contradiction. You could actually get some unheard music out of it so there was not over-entitlement in my asking.

Thank you A.M you're the kind of person I was hoping for. I'm glad it was that easy for you. You wouldn't visit this thread unless you were expecting to be a little charitable, I would think.

The piano sounds too flat, needs to sound deeper. The way it sounds in the interview clip with the echo and acoustics is so amazing. The video goes incredibly well with the music.

I checked 11 live performances of the song and Moby screws it up everytime. So disappointing.

1:25
Just for the record..that IS a Moby track..his not covering it..so it's kinda not cool to say he got it wrong, if you know what I mean..just pointing that out, as you obviously aren't aware of that I take it..given you didn't know it was Moby to begin with.

Regarding the forum in general..and I mean this in the best possible way, trust me..you need to take things on here with a big pinch of salt, as they say, when you first arrive here, as there's a certain "comradery" that exists between the regular members (..meaning those who tend to post here often) and everybody knows everyone else. We ALL have certain idiosyncrasies that are often misunderstood or mistaken by newcomers to the forum.

Like I said, trust me..just give it some time and you'll get to understand how things work on here. For the most part..the members on here are pretty cool and cluded into things in general and more than willing to help if they can.

That said, from time to time, you're going to bump into somebody who's having a bad day ? didn't get enough sleep / has just been dumped / had a loved one die on them or any other of a number of things happen to them offline, that makes them appear like a complete dick when they post on here..but they're not.

Also, if you haven't done so already, I suggest you take a look at the forum guidelines / rules here, as there's a few things you should make yourself aware of before you venture any deeper into the bowels of IDMf.

And while you're at it, also check out the Listening Booth rules found here, as I'm guessing this is going to be one area you'll be visiting more and more the longer you're here with us. Again, there's a few things you need to know about the Listening Booth and what you can and can't do there..so you really do need to take your time and get to know how things are done on here.

All that left is for me to extend a belated welcome to the group..hang in there..read a lot and laugh a lot more! It's good to have you here with us and I look forward to getting to know you better, as you, in turn, get to know us.

------------------
Old 29-03-2017, 10:44 PM   #13
Parricide

ambient is the other end of the spectrum on this forum, but he is spot on and is making me feel real guilty about my harsh responses :/

i love the dynamics here. i have been talked to like a cunt many times here and got angry about it, particularly when i was new, but more often than not the person in question was either right, or not wrong (if the difference even makes sense).
but now, i love them all, they have all made a big mark in my life, even when they treat me like a prick, and even after i disappeared for a long while they were still amazing when i got back, even the ones that are not around any more (they will be back)

i have learnt as much from the users here as i have from all other sources in my life, if not more, and if it wasnt for some of those harsh moments i wouldnt have the knowledge i have today.

i can remember years ago, i think it was jaded, getting angry with me because he suggested i sold all my stupid PA shit and put the money towards a decent set of monitors and i couldnt understand why. i fought it, but he was right (what an idiot i was).
i dont know why that stuck in my mind more than most things. probably because it was a pretty big learning step for me, but i thought he was a cunt, and he was only trying to help me.
not sure if i ever apologised for that, so if youre reading this, im sorry and i love you

anyway, im going off point here, although i suppose thats ok now cos A, its IDMF, and B, its solved, in order of importance.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 29-03-2017, 11:00 PM   #14
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
ambient is the other end of the spectrum on this forum, but he is spot on and is making me feel real guilty about my harsh responses :/

i love the dynamics here. i have been talked to like a cunt many times here and got angry about it, particularly when i was new, but more often than not the person in question was either right, or not wrong (if the difference even makes sense).
but now, i love them all, they have all made a big mark in my life, even when they treat me like a prick, and even after i disappeared for a long while they were still amazing when i got back, even the ones that are not around any more (they will be back)

i have learnt as much from the users here as i have from all other sources in my life, if not more, and if it wasnt for some of those harsh moments i wouldnt have the knowledge i have today.

i can remember years ago, i think it was jaded, getting angry with me because he suggested i sold all my stupid PA shit and put the money towards a decent set of monitors and i couldnt understand why. i fought it, but he was right (what an idiot i was).
i dont know why that stuck in my mind more than most things. probably because it was a pretty big learning step for me, but i thought he was a cunt, and he was only trying to help me.
not sure if i ever apologised for that, so if youre reading this, im sorry and i love you

anyway, im going off point here, although i suppose thats ok now cos A, its IDMF, and B, its solved, in order of importance.
Hey, P..no need to feel guilty, dude..you were honest and spoke your mind..never feel bad about that. I get what you mean and why you are saying now what you're saying..but I think, like most "blow ups" on here, it's just a case of "crossed wires and personality clash" sort of thing..where all involved say shit they later regret and life goes on.

That said, you're still a big woolly cunt and you're not gonna cod us all into thinking different.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Parricide (30-03-2017)
Old 30-03-2017, 01:50 AM   #15
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 39460

One thing's for sure - that guy will never post here again

RIP

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 01:53 AM   #16
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 9360

This reminds me of going through three hundred of my dad's records trying to find "don't get me wrong" by the pretenders. I had no idea who it was.

lol.

Heard a lot of other good stuff looking. hahaha
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 02:20 AM   #17
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
This reminds me of going through three hundred of my dad's records trying to find "don't get me wrong" by the pretenders. I had no idea who it was.

lol.

Heard a lot of other good stuff looking. hahaha
Ah yeah, that feeling when you do actually find it..man, nearly as good as sex. And for any virgins reading this..trust me, that's GOOD.

------------------
Old 30-03-2017, 02:28 AM   #18
Heiligenschein
IDMf's latest spammer

My circumstances give me limited time to use the internet and when I do use the internet I have to use it for other things. Maybe some people make music for a living here and are on their computer alot so they can find more time to squeeze in comments. Finding this song was a brief obsession as I vaguely remember it from the interview I saw years ago. Normally I find music through websites where the name is given. I never heard of shazam before, I did make some effort but I went about it in the wrong way until I found this place.

LMGTFY is the most idiotically smartassed site I have ever seen.

thanks toothpinch for chiming in

thank you again AM for those links

I am now trying to find who composed the Portal 2 soundtrack, theres 25 mins of interesting stuff there
Thanks to Heiligenschein
A.M (30-03-2017)
Old 30-03-2017, 06:18 AM   #19
Parricide

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
That said, you're still a big woolly cunt and you're not gonna cod us all into thinking different.
hahaha yea i dont think thats going to change any time soon

------------------
signature loading...
Thanks to Parricide
A.M (30-03-2017)
Old 30-03-2017, 06:22 AM   #20
Parricide

Quote:
My circumstances give me limited time to use the internet and when I do use the internet I have to use it for other things. Maybe some people make music for a living here and are on their computer alot so they can find more time to squeeze in comments. Finding this song was a brief obsession as I vaguely remember it from the interview I saw years ago. Normally I find music through websites where the name is given. I never heard of shazam before, I did make some effort but I went about it in the wrong way until I found this place.

LMGTFY is the most idiotically smartassed site I have ever seen.

thanks toothpinch for chiming in

thank you again AM for those links

I am now trying to find who composed the Portal 2 soundtrack, theres 25 mins of interesting stuff there
that one was REALLY easy to find out. i had less idea than you and i found it in literally about 2 seconds. heres the link
http://bfy.tw/AwAL

Last edited by Parricide; 31-03-2017 at 09:41 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...