BB47 : The Techno Challenge - It's not fucking EDM =:)-
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

View Poll Results: The Techno Challenge - Vote your track
7asid - BB47 C 2 66.67%
Creepr - BB47 Cant Stop 0 0%
Madness - Bed Up 0 0%
liquid_air - Cheap Shot 0 0%
MFXxx - Gum/Cant Stop 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2017, 08:41 PM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1836877
BB47 : The Techno Challenge - It's not fucking EDM =:)-

Quote:
The Challenge

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday (6th Jan 2017).
Submissions close Tuesday 11 days later (17th Jan 2017) 23:59 and voting opens at 00:00 (immediately after).

Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day, Thursday (19th Jan 2017).

The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (Friday 20th Jan 2017 ) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

Late Submissions are void to receiving a vote
All times are UTC.

Countdown until submissions close:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rules for this round:

1. Techno covers a large scope of tempos, styles and production techniques. The genre for this BB47 is Techno. Keep it true and to the heart of the genre.

2. You need to include a technique with an effect plugin you've not tried before. This could be a freebie or demo of something commercial.

3. There must be some form of rhythmic melody that is progressive through the track from the pack. It could be a sample as a whole or one shot sample edited. But it needs to be distinctive to all the users which sample you have used from the pack.

SAMPLES: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

There's a bundle of samples in here. This is intentional as the aim is to create rather than dig, splice and so on. The challenge is in the genre and your track, opposed to the actual sound sources.

Everyone is welcome to participate and if you have anything at all post it! This is about participation, community and we're not gonna be judgmental. Join us in this little exercise in music making with deadlines and obstructions!

Would wish you miserable fuckers a happy new year but that's old news.

So happy fucking techno producing and if the techno viking cant feel the vibe - he'll hunt the shit out of you in your sleep!!!!!!

Remember the Viking doesn't dance to the beat, the beat follows the Viking

Last edited by MFXxx; 09-01-2017 at 01:46 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:59 PM   #2
BALLZ!
nob Twiddler
BALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MC
խելագար սեւահեր
MC Status: 11265264
Re: BB47 : The Techno Challenge - It's not fucking EDM =:)-

noice 1 m8

Was actually thinking I might try something techy for the next BB, guess I am a prophet :p

------------------
tsxfgijhkt,ygt54esdy6hn
BALLZ! is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:21 PM   #3
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 8610

Nice, I like techno.

That ultrabass dmaus sample doesnt work in ableton btw

Edit: Also the zebra desert guitar

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:38 PM   #4
BALLZ!
nob Twiddler
BALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MC
խելագար սեւահեր
MC Status: 11265264

^doesn't work in FL either, but they're both labelled "automap" so possibly not actual audio?

------------------
tsxfgijhkt,ygt54esdy6hn
BALLZ! is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:48 PM   #5
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Works fine in foosbar Prophecy fulfilled. Maybe some conversion is necessary just done it if anyones really having issues Ill repost those 2. But really "spoon . feed"

Last edited by MFXxx; 06-01-2017 at 11:17 PM..

------------------
Old 06-01-2017, 11:27 PM   #6
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

I actually just noticed a sample didnt edit correctly...no cheating if you/when you find it please

------------------
Old 07-01-2017, 01:13 AM   #7
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver

:/

------------------

Thanks to 7asid
I/O_Madness (07-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 01:20 AM   #8
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 51860
Thanked 1,037 Times in 764 Posts

This one will be hard for me to pass up on!

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:39 AM   #9
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7asid View Post
:/
Out of your comfort zone...never hurts to explore

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
I/O_Madness (07-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 01:57 AM   #10
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11477804

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:29 AM   #11
7asid
Knob Twiddler
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Out of your comfort zone...never hurts to explore
You had one job

------------------

Old 07-01-2017, 02:33 AM   #12
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, in the third rule, when you say it must have a "rhythmic melody progressive through the track", do you mean the melody has to play for the whole track?

Last edited by I/O_Madness; 07-01-2017 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: space

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 07-01-2017, 02:45 AM   #13
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, in the third rule, when you say it must have a "rhythmic melody progressive through the track", do you mean the melody has to play for the whole track?
Partially,it doesnt need to be from start to finish but it needs to be a fundamental root of the tracks progression if that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
Old 07-01-2017, 01:52 PM   #14
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

If you haven't tried it yet maybe demo Xfer LFO Tool <Great filter modulation tool.

------------------
Old 07-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #15
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny

Sorry, Mysta, gotta say it... samples suck. What's with the shitty EDM samples?

------------------

Old 07-01-2017, 07:10 PM   #16
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
There's definitely some pretty cheesy techno in there. i was seeing it as having a mix of like good techno and bad techno and it's like you can pick out whatever you need but the question is what kind of techno artist are you really.

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 07-01-2017, 08:28 PM   #17
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
There's definitely some pretty cheesy techno in there. i was seeing it as having a mix of like good techno and bad techno and it's like you can pick out whatever you need but the question is what kind of techno artist are you really.
This is a beat battle and not a remix

With the right sample bytes and edits, processing and production I am confident you guys can pull it off.

Just remember it's ... "BB47 : The Techno Challenge - It's not fucking EDM"

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
I/O_Madness (07-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 09:11 PM   #18
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Duuude, it's gonna be fuckin' epic, bro.

Last edited by liquid_air; 08-01-2017 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: Incorrect choice of vernacular "man", when "bro" appears to be the preferred term in such younger groups of men.

------------------

Thanks to liquid_air
Valk (07-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 09:18 PM   #19
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

LOL got to love the pixies mocking the jocks! Everything so wrong about EDM is summed up in that one post, well done.

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
Valk (07-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 12:47 AM   #20
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7asid View Post
You had one job
I know...good isnt it

Advertisements

------------------