[How Not To Advertise Your Business] Edm label wanted
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Closed Thread
Old 18-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
SwagPimp
Minor Glitch
SwagPimp has a spectacular aura aboutSwagPimp has a spectacular aura about
noob
MC Status: 160
[How Not To Advertise Your Business] Edm label wanted

Hi

We have a forum built but in a twitter style with a main timeline and no boards, and we're looking for an edm label to put up a recording deal to best producer/s that may arise for the site as and when felt necessary.

We have one set up for hiphop submissions exactly the same with a label and thought we'd set one up for edm.

We're getting an upgrade from our host for a super responsive mobile site, so we'll be opening when it's ready we hope about 2 months or less.

Anyone interested ? big or small label i doesn't matter so long as you're dedicated, serious, professional, and most of all mature.

thank you for reading

Advertisements

SwagPimp is offline   Thanks
Old 18-08-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 104950
Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,357 Posts
Re: Edm label wanted

I feel like you might be a little optimistic. What is it you bring to the table that doesn't already exist in a better format elsewhere?
Oatbag is offline   Thanks
Old 18-08-2016, 04:14 PM   #3
SwagPimp
Minor Glitch
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
I feel like you might be a little optimistic. What is it you bring to the table that doesn't already exist in a better format elsewhere?
you feel wrong buddy sorry to say.

r u interested ?
Old 18-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8529830
Thanked 6,778 Times in 4,830 Posts

Why would you not even post a link to your forum with this? I also think Oatbag raises a fine question that you didn't answer: why would a label want to do this? It seems like a super one-sided deal to me. What do you bring to the table for the label? Who is this "we" you keep referring to? OK, you have something like this setup for hip hop...link?!

The funny thing is that, honestly, your post doesn't seem like you are serious, dedicated or professional. This reads like a crappy advert in a free paper.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 18-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #5
SwagPimp
Minor Glitch
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Why would you not even post a link to your forum with this? I also think Oatbag raises a fine question that you didn't answer: why would a label want to do this? It seems like a super one-sided deal to me. What do you bring to the table for the label? Who is this "we" you keep referring to? OK, you have something like this setup for hip hop...link?!

The funny thing is that, honestly, your post doesn't seem like you are serious, dedicated or professional. This reads like a crappy advert in a free paper.
i don't know if i'm allowed in a thread, and it's locked.
Old 18-08-2016, 05:54 PM   #6
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45941831
Thanked 5,673 Times in 3,575 Posts

SwagPimp wants mature replies.

------------------
Numerical is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Numerical
FunkMasterBrown (18-08-2016)
Old 18-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #7
SwagPimp
Minor Glitch
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
SwagPimp wants mature replies.
ha ha !! yea i do, this is serious.
Old 18-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #8
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42381199
Thanked 4,944 Times in 3,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagPimp View Post
ha ha !! yea i do, this is serious.
This is the side room. Dante's Inferno for serious.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks
Old 18-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #9
SwagPimp
Minor Glitch
noob

is anyone around here less nooby ?
Old 18-08-2016, 06:38 PM   #10
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin

Quote:
We're looking for an edm label to put up a recording deal to best producer/s that may arise for the site as and when felt necessary.
I have no idea what this even means. My best guess is that you are needing a label to sign people who visit your site and compete in fighting pit style competitions to be tha best beatz in town?

I really don't get it. Clearer description, please and thank you.

Quote:
Looks who's talking, pal.

------------------
Thanks to Numerical
vashima (19-08-2016)
Old 18-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #11
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Austin

You basically came into a forum you are not familiar with where no one is familiar with you and asked for a recording deal while showing zero music or any evidence that you can do anything other than sign up and post.

------------------
Old 18-08-2016, 06:51 PM   #12
Roo Stercogburn
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback

Quote:
Ooookay big man, here's the deal.

The side room is not for music discussion. It says so right at the top. A lot of noobs miss this. But its ok. Trial by fire. A lot of us have got burned in the side room over the years, myself included.

If you look around the site, there are areas for classifieds, services, music discussion and even hyping your own service, whatever it happens to be. But a lot of noobs miss this because they haven't done any basic checking and expect everyone just to pander to them even though they haven't been around long enough to show they're of any worth to the community or will give anything back.

Basically all the long-timers are laughing at you because you haven't even bothered to do the basics.

Welcome to IDMf. We love you.

EDIT: Numerical beat me to it

------------------
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
relic (18-08-2016)
Old 18-08-2016, 07:13 PM   #13
SwagPimp
Minor Glitch
noob

Quote:
My best guess is that you are needing a label to sign people who visit your site and compete in fighting pit style competitions to be tha best beatz in town?
correct.

ok troll fun over, it's been fun but now business.

*** inserted image og the home page, Btw is awesome***

So the site we have set up atm has a small hiphop label offering a deal to best artist/s IF one arises from the site, and will be picked as and when felt necessary. He's connected to bbc1 radio hiphop dudes and a producer from france lexyos something or other. our fb page has 3500 likes already, and when i left it unlocked by accident for 2 mins the other day we had members joining instantly.

so that's done and ready to open when the mobile apps done.

So EdmBomb is set up exactly the same, we just need a label.

I have 2 sites (only related to the above by shared twitter fb post etc ) **my other site link*** **my other site link** which run through 2 twitter accounts both have around 6000 followers and rising 1000 a month while i sleep.

the mobile site ruins the sites (kindof) ^^ so we're waiting for the upgrade to kick EdmBomb and Rappella off.

what else do you need to know ? and is anyone interested ?

mods you can move this to correct boards if you want.

edit: ok so i can't put links in yet, but i'm at 29 posts so i'll do next time
Old 18-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #14
SwagPimp
Minor Glitch
noob

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by lolirl; 18-08-2016 at 11:23 PM..
Old 18-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #15
SwagPimp
Minor Glitch
noob

Old 18-08-2016, 07:33 PM   #16
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Austin

Quote:
correct.

ok troll fun over, it's been fun but now business.

*** inserted image og the home page, Btw is awesome***

So the site we have set up atm has a small hiphop label offering a deal to best artist/s IF one arises from the site, and will be picked as and when felt necessary. He's connected to bbc1 radio hiphop dudes and a producer from france lexyos something or other. our fb page has 3500 likes already, and when i left it unlocked by accident for 2 mins the other day we had members joining instantly.

so that's done and ready to open when the mobile apps done.

So EdmBomb is set up exactly the same, we just need a label.

I have 2 sites (only related to the above by shared twitter fb post etc ) **my other site link*** **my other site link** which run through 2 twitter accounts both have around 6000 followers and rising 1000 a month while i sleep.

the mobile site ruins the sites (kindof) ^^ so we're waiting for the upgrade to kick EdmBomb and Rappella off.

what else do you need to know ? and is anyone interested ?

edit: ok so i can't put links in yet, but i'm at 29 posts so i'll do next time
Ok fair enough. You're perfectly entitled to post any of that in the correct forum and not have anyone bugging you about it. I think the main reason you did catch my ire was putting it in here and not linking to anything. That's nooby.

But carry on. I'll not bother you again.

------------------
Old 18-08-2016, 07:40 PM   #17
SwagPimp
Minor Glitch
noob

Quote:
Ok fair enough. You're perfectly entitled to post any of that in the correct forum and not have anyone bugging you about it. I think the main reason you did catch my ire was putting it in here and not linking to anything. That's nooby.

But carry on. I'll not bother you again.
i don't remember you bothering me from the start.

And thanks for 'allowing' me to 'carry on' i don't honestly know what i do without your authority.
Old 18-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #18
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Ok everyone, this is how not to advertise your business. Moved to Tutorials as a perfect example of How Not To.

Quote:
Wish granted.

Advertisements

------------------
Closed Thread