Beat Battle 23
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 02-01-2016, 05:18 AM   #1
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 10210
Beat Battle 23

Quote:
THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday. Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day (tuesday). Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day (thursday). The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (friday) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

All times are UTC.
The Samps:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The Rules:

As it is the new year, I think it'd be cool to have this battle have themes of renewal, change, and cyclicality.

1. An element in the track must be a repeating sequence of any sort that changes or evolves over time but is still recognizable at the end
  2. Only two elements in the track can have any sort of reverb (not including delay)
  3. You may add one three second sample of your own!
The Deadline:

Submissions close Tuesday the 12th and voting ends Friday the 15th.

Side note: All of the provided samples are made using the PO-12 that I got for Christmas

Have fun! Make some sick beets!

Advertisements

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #2
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993330
Thanked 4,062 Times in 2,634 Posts
Re: Beat Battle 23

can the three second sample be transformed as well or does it have to be put raw in the track?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:56 PM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1836877

PO-12 interesting little gadget. Samples are going to be interesting to meet the agenda.

Onward and upward.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
can the three second sample be transformed as well or does it have to be put raw in the track?
yeah mess it up however you want

------------------

Old 07-01-2016, 09:49 AM   #5
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

A little of topic but on topic

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
Lug (07-01-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 11:28 AM   #6
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993330
Thanked 4,062 Times in 2,634 Posts

cool design. I like the game&watch-style interface

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:53 AM   #7
Tsachi
i don't understand

Yeah it's really fun to play around with, and it sounds surprisingly good. I recorded it through a Boss ME-50 (guitar pedal multi fx) because that was the easiest way to get it into the interface as unbalanced. This is why there are two of a lot of the sounds, one is clean and the other is lightly distorted if you wanted more grit.

------------------

Old 09-01-2016, 01:55 PM   #8
Tsachi
i don't understand

The deadline is not so distant... tick tock

------------------

Old 10-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #9
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

3 second sample, well riff passed through the xoxbox for good measure (2 bars at 148bpm which I think is less than 3 secs if not I disqualify myself, but it were fun).
Very rough....and ready :badger: oh and anyone with a sub let me know how the low end has resulted.

FWIW Lots of effects and audio processing to get this one working, which I like, no reverb just filters on filters, delays and saturation. With a lot of white floor noise.

Last edited by MFXxx; 11-01-2016 at 12:23 AM..

------------------
Old 11-01-2016, 02:02 AM   #10
Tsachi
i don't understand

I love the bassline dood. Your beat is pretty oldschool feeling, nice work!

------------------

Old 11-01-2016, 07:59 AM   #11
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsachi View Post
I love the bassline dood. Your beat is pretty oldschool feeling, nice work!
I really should change my nik to old school!

------------------
Old 11-01-2016, 08:45 PM   #12
Tsachi
i don't understand

BOOM

------------------

Old 11-01-2016, 11:04 PM   #13
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Top job Tscahi.

Hope there's going to be more peeps ...

------------------
Old 12-01-2016, 01:14 AM   #14
Tsachi
i don't understand

Yeah same

------------------

Old 12-01-2016, 08:38 PM   #15
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

LOL Voting begins. Hard to choose so I'm going roll the dice...

Yep 1 vote for

------------------
Old 13-01-2016, 12:19 AM   #16
Tsachi
i don't understand

Lol wtf

------------------

Old 13-01-2016, 12:23 AM   #17
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsachi View Post
Lol wtf
lol yep that's me old and grey with the mentality of a child!!!

------------------
Old 13-01-2016, 12:23 AM   #18
Tsachi
i don't understand

I seriously hope at least one other person made something...?

------------------

Old 13-01-2016, 01:00 AM   #19
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Beat Battle Visage - fad to grey

------------------
Old 13-01-2016, 02:52 AM   #20
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 8610

Oh god it's Tuesday 6pm over here, I didn't check UTC. Here's mine if you'll have it.

Advertisements

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote