Community ensemble build, anyone?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 13-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
MC Status: 70624
Thanked 1,161 Times in 712 Posts
Community ensemble build, anyone?

Hi everybody, would any of you Reaktor users be interested in building a collaborative synthesizer?

Here is a list of all versions from earliest to the latest, and will be regularly updated. This has been put into place for beginners and experts alike to study, form new ideas, or just learn some ways of creating effects/processes. Suggestions are greatly appreciated, hope to see more of you working on this

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by GomesR; 06-01-2014 at 05:17 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
GomesR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
[Complex]
Microknight
[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold
Spain
MC Status: 960
Re: Community ensemble build, anyone?

Hi macaroonage,

Have you thinked about do a VST with Synthedit instead of a Reaktor ensemble?
It has pros and contras do a VST, but a VST is for everibody and an ensemble is only for Reaktor users.

I am developing a sythesizer with Synthedit and I am very happy with the results

Regards!

------------------
[Complex] is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC

[Complex], thanks for the suggestion! I have never heard of synthedit, and I think it would be cool to learn that as well, but right now I'm really trying to learn as much as I can about reaktor, and I figure working on some simple ensembles with other members of this forum would be a great way to see how others do things, and also gathering an explanation to what they've done and why they have done it that way. Trying to reverse engineer ensembles from the user library is quite difficult with my current level of understanding !! Thank you for the idea though, I'm currently reading up on Synthedit! Maybe when I get some cash in my pocket I will grab a copy as well, since I use a lot of VST's when I compose in Renoise!

P.S. You can also use Reaktor as a vst in other programs Apologies if you were already aware.

Anyways, I would like to check out what you've made with that software when you are done!

------------------
Old 17-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

I'm just gonna put this right here.....

If anybody does decide to make changes, keep it simple and short, with an explanation.

------------------
Old 18-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18024269

found it
will download now and have a look later.
i do agree synthedit is a better option, thats what i use mostly. reaktor is just as fun though so im on it.

turns out im using an older version so i cant open it ill update it soon though

Last edited by Parricide; 18-04-2013 at 11:00 AM..

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Parricide
GomesR (18-04-2013)
Old 18-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Ohh bummer. Well, whenever, no rush Thanks for being a part of it!

------------------
Old 22-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC

updated today. will have a look at this later

------------------
signature loading...
Old 22-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #8
Parricide

just had a look. i didnt realise it was just an oscillator with gate and pitch controls, we can go any direction you want with it
shall i start by creating a dropdown menu with options for different wave forms? if i keep it simple and dont do too much you can look at it and see what ive done and learn from it.

i would also advise you to do the tutorials in the manual. i think they are in the getting started manual. you will learn enough there to get you on your feet and give you the skills to start getting creative.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 22-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
just had a look. i didnt realise it was just an oscillator with gate and pitch controls, we can go any direction you want with it
shall i start by creating a dropdown menu with options for different wave forms? if i keep it simple and dont do too much you can look at it and see what ive done and learn from it.

i would also advise you to do the tutorials in the manual. i think they are in the getting started manual. you will learn enough there to get you on your feet and give you the skills to start getting creative.
Yes sir, I stripped one of my synths down to the bare minimum for this one in particular. Oh I know a little bit, actually I was gonna shoot you over an ensemble that I have been working on, it's a random/generative thing, I was going for a fm percussive synth ran by an engine, but as I went along I kind of just tried some random stuff, I'll mail it to you later today, after I've messed with it a bit more

As far as where to start/what to start, it's totally up to you, I'm glad you are taking part, can't wait to see how it turns out!!!

But yes, it should have the option of changing wave forms at some point, I think.

------------------
Old 23-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #10
Parricide

oh i see, my apologies for my ignorance. skip the tutorials parts then
i will build some oscillator macros then and bounce it back from there.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 27-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
Parricide

i played with the synth. i think i might have got carried away.
i built 3 oscillators with FM on osc 2>1 and 3>2. i sent those to a mixer along with parallel ring mod signals (oscillators 1*2 and 2*3).
i set up envelopes, phase controls and pitch bend, and put everything into a logical arrangement.

i was going to make some sort of unison spread and detune on each oscillator. im not sure how to go about the stereo spread yet though, but detuning is easy.
i was also going to convert the envelope readouts to ms and add mute and solo buttons to the mixer channels, but that was the point where i realised i was probably hogging the project

i was also thinking about making each mixer channel routable to chosen filter/FX that we later add, and also do the same with the filters and FX, but hey its not my project

anyway, sorry for getting carried away. the link to the project is here:

Last edited by Parricide; 28-04-2013 at 11:52 PM..

------------------
signature loading...
Thanks to Parricide
GomesR (27-04-2013)
Old 27-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #12
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Quote:
i played with the synth. i think i might have got carried away.
i built 3 oscillators with FM on osc 2>1 and 3>2. i sent those to a mixer along with parallel ring mod signals (oscillators 1*2 and 2*3).
i set up envelopes, phase controls and pitch bend, and put everything into a logical arrangement.

i was going to make some sort of unison spread and detune on each oscillator. im not sure how to go about the stereo spread yet though, but detuning is easy.
i was also going to convert the envelope readouts to ms and add mute and solo buttons to the mixer channels, but that was the point where i realised i was probably hogging the project

i was also thinking about making each mixer channel routable to chosen filter/FX that we later add, and also do the same with the filters and FX, but hey its not my project

anyway, sorry for getting carried away. the link to the project is here:

No no! I think that those are great ideas for adding on, that's exactly what I was going for in terms of letting it go in whatever direction!

I'm gonna take a look right now and I'll let you know what I think!

Hopefully you didn't surpass my knowledge, that's the only thing I'm worried about! Sometimes reading all of the things that were done seems more complicated then when you look at the actual structure, so, I'll get on it right now!!

------------------
Old 27-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #13
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Parricide, this looks awesome. Also VERY organized and easy to assess. I'm so glad that this is working out so well! I don't think I'm going to make quite as many macros this go-around, but I think I can manage to do some work here

Great work so far man, really happy with this!

Oh btw, I got a bunch of knobs from the user library, maybe at some point we can trade some of those back and forth and you can show me some stuff pertaining to the GUI? Really want to learn the graphic aspects of instruments! I just followed a tutorial on building a Clavica Nord, it would be cool to give it the classic interface design

------------------
Old 28-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #14
Parricide

Quote:
Originally Posted by GomesR View Post
Parricide, this looks awesome. Also VERY organized and easy to assess. I'm so glad that this is working out so well! I don't think I'm going to make quite as many macros this go-around, but I think I can manage to do some work here

Great work so far man, really happy with this!

Oh btw, I got a bunch of knobs from the user library, maybe at some point we can trade some of those back and forth and you can show me some stuff pertaining to the GUI? Really want to learn the graphic aspects of instruments! I just followed a tutorial on building a Clavica Nord, it would be cool to give it the classic interface design
ill try to make some graphics and write a guide along the way.
you thinking about a look like these?

------------------
signature loading...
Old 28-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #15
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Quote:
ill try to make some graphics and write a guide along the way.
you thinking about a look like these?
Yes!!! Exactly like that well, without the keys.

That would be great, the guide I mean. Well everything you said, it would all be great. You know what I mean

How do you feel about an arpeggiator in the ensemble?

------------------
Old 28-04-2013, 12:48 AM   #16
Parricide

Quote:
Yes!!! Exactly like that well, without the keys.

That would be great, the guide I mean. Well everything you said, it would all be great. You know what I mean

How do you feel about an arpeggiator in the ensemble?
i havent built an arp before. sounds like a good idea.

------------------
signature loading...
Old 28-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #17
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Right on. I'm going to try and make a pitch and level controlled arp, that is also able to change signatures based on events in a seperate table, but of course I will have a switch that turns it on from the rest of the synth, so it can still function without the arp. Well I'm going to try! I don't know if I'm going to be fully successful though I'm already feeling challenged haha

------------------
Old 28-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #18
Parricide

Quote:
Right on. I'm going to try and make a pitch and level controlled arp, that is also able to change signatures based on events in a seperate table, but of course I will have a switch that turns it on from the rest of the synth, so it can still function without the arp. Well I'm going to try! I don't know if I'm going to be fully successful though I'm already feeling challenged haha
that sounds great! cant wait to see it

------------------
signature loading...
Old 28-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #19
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts

This is really cool can I join in? Also parracide, for some reason, when I clicked the link It gave me like a text file with alot of code.. -it was no biggie though, saved the page as a esn and it works.

I see there is no filters, Im guessing one of you guys are already on it..? cheers

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #20
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
This is really cool can I join in? Also parracide, for some reason, when I clicked the link It gave me like a text file with alot of code.. -it was no biggie though, saved the page as a esn and it works.

I see there is no filters, Im guessing one of you guys are already on it..? cheers
Yeah for sure brotha, it'd be nice to have some more people! Yeah, I was gonna add a filter actually

How much do you know? Do you want me to leave the filter to you, Sapling?

Last edited by GomesR; 28-04-2013 at 07:23 PM..

Advertisements

------------------