[Dirty Dutch] J Hook - 2 The Front
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
hookerj513
Regular Freak
hookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs
MC Status: 3721
[Dirty Dutch] J Hook - 2 The Front

So check it out my first attempt at Dutch House. Took me along time to get the synth right but turns out it was actually extremely simple to create.

Let me know what you think and feel free to download the track!
Constructive criticism is always appreciated

Advertisements

hookerj513 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dirty Dutch] J Hook - 2 The Front.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Jeurra
Microknight
Jeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MC
Amsterdam
MC Status: 211694
Re: [Dirty Dutch] J Hook - 2 The Front

Sounds good man, this is exactly what I hear when I go to the club ;p
I'd intensify the loop a little bit by adding open hihats on the transition. It reminds me of "No Beef" by Afrojack and Steve Aoki
Jeurra is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Mikomi
Regular Freak
Mikomi is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Ok, erm....
I lived in the Netherlands for a few years, but I don't remember hearing anything that sounded remotely like this, although maybe I just didn't go to the right places....
Can you post a link to a youtube video that is an example of the Dutch house genre that you are trying to emulate?
Mikomi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
hookerj513
Regular Freak
hookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond reputehookerj513 has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikomi View Post
Ok, erm....
I lived in the Netherlands for a few years, but I don't remember hearing anything that sounded remotely like this, although maybe I just didn't go to the right places....
Can you post a link to a youtube video that is an example of the Dutch house genre that you are trying to emulate?
not to sure if its really originated from there but its a genre popularized by producers such as Afrojack and Chuckie. Look them up they have alot of great stuff
Old 03-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
hookerj513
Regular Freak
Colorado Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeurra View Post
Sounds good man, this is exactly what I hear when I go to the club ;p
I'd intensify the loop a little bit by adding open hihats on the transition. It reminds me of "No Beef" by Afrojack and Steve Aoki
thanks for the suggestion i will rework it when i get the time and let you know how it turns out
Old 03-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
Jeurra
Microknight
Jeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MCJeurra is a savage MC
Amsterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikomi View Post
Ok, erm....
Indeed, that depends on where you're at. Seeing this has become somewhat of a "trademark" you will hear this pretty often. Check out artists like Gregor Salto, Chuckie, Nope is Dope and of course like I said earlier: No Beef by Afrojack and Steve Aoki.

The claimed founder of this style is Vato Gonzalez, who is making mixtapes in this genre since around 2006.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
hookerj513
Regular Freak
Colorado Springs

Quote:
Indeed, that depends on where you're at. Seeing this has become somewhat of a "trademark" you will hear this pretty often. Check out artists like Gregor Salto, Chuckie, Nope is Dope and of course like I said earlier: No Beef by Afrojack and Steve Aoki.

The claimed founder of this style is Vato Gonzalez, who is making mixtapes in this genre since around 2006.
Do you have any links to these mixtapes? I would like to hear them
Old 03-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
Jeurra
Microknight
Amsterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookerj513 View Post
Do you have any links to these mixtapes? I would like to hear them
Not really, but they're on youtube for sure, just look for it on youtube and you'll find them.
They're pretty popular. They last for about 45 minutes.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
hookerj513
Regular Freak
Colorado Springs

Quote:
Not really, but they're on youtube for sure, just look for it on youtube and you'll find them.
They're pretty popular. They last for about 45 minutes.
Thanks I will when i get back to the states. Im currently on deployment in afghanistan unfortunately and the internet is garbage. Took me 1 hour to upload that song that i even downsized to 3mb
Old 03-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
Jeurra
Microknight
Amsterdam

Quote:
Thanks I will when i get back to the states. Im currently on deployment in afghanistan unfortunately and the internet is garbage. Took me 1 hour to upload that song that i even downsized to 3mb
Oi good luck out there, awesome that you are still able to produce music like that
Old 03-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
hookerj513
Regular Freak
Colorado Springs

Quote:
Oi good luck out there, awesome that you are still able to produce music like that
Yeah only a month to go but here is the best part....when i get back i am being moved to Germany. First stop...im hopping on the train to Amsterdam
Old 03-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
Jeurra
Microknight
Amsterdam

Quote:
Yeah only a month to go but here is the best part....when i get back i am being moved to Germany. First stop...im hopping on the train to Amsterdam
Nice one, make sure you get some good inspiration while you're at there
Old 04-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #13
hookerj513
Regular Freak
Colorado Springs

Quote:
Nice one, make sure you get some good inspiration while you're at there
"inspiration" definately

Advertisements