The reverse sound and gator/glitch effect
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 21-10-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
Clankerz
Microknight
Clankerz is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
The reverse sound and gator/glitch effect

Hey guys I was wondering if someone can tell me how Fedde Le Grand achieved this effect

at 3:29 the glitchy alesso like effect. Is it done by bouncing out the track to a .wav and just chopping it up? Or do they use an effect like glitch or effectrix?

and 3:48 the little reverse or pitch bend sound. How do they achieve this? Is it through another effects plugin or do they reverse the sound/pitch bend it a few octaves lower?

Thanks

Last edited by Clankerz; 21-10-2011 at 04:59 AM..

Advertisements

Clankerz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 04:44 AM   #2
I shit rainbows
Banned
I shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MC
^a pic to accurately display my intellectual genius
MC Status: 15628498
Re: The reverse sound and gator/glitch effect

link the track so I could know what the fuck your talking about, thank you good sir, there's a youtube and some other buttons hit those and paste it right in there
I shit rainbows is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 04:59 AM   #3
Clankerz
Microknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by I shit rainbows View Post
link the track so I could know what the fuck your talking about, thank you good sir, there's a youtube and some other buttons hit those and paste it right in there
I had it on there pressing the youtube, but for some reason it didn't show up on it sorry. I think i fixed it

I did some research and I think the reverse effect is done through the tape stop from glitch? Can anyone confirm it?
Old 21-10-2011, 05:06 AM   #4
I shit rainbows
Banned
I shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MCI shit rainbows is a savage MC

yea it is

Last edited by I shit rainbows; 21-10-2011 at 05:10 AM..
Old 21-10-2011, 05:07 AM   #5
Clankerz
Microknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by I shit rainbows View Post
dblue glitch tapestop and a gate
I heard that dblue isn't offered for mac's? Do you know of an alternative plugin that can achieve the same effect that is compatible with mac? Thank you for helping me out too!
Old 21-10-2011, 05:22 AM   #6
I shit rainbows
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clankerz View Post
I heard that dblue isn't offered for mac's? Do you know of an alternative plugin that can achieve the same effect that is compatible with mac? Thank you for helping me out too!
I don't now of any mac plugins I use windows, try KVR AUDIO you might find something
Old 21-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #7
Clankerz
Microknight

sweet i'll try to look into it. Does anyone know if effect trix does the same thing?
Old 21-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390148
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,766 Posts

Google pitch envelope and gapper/stutter/rhythm-gate/trance-gate. Maybe with +AU or something.

Advertisements

Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote