The "How do I do that?" Thread - Page 89
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 15-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #1761
Vault O)))
Quarter pounder McCunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 52410
Thanked 1,048 Times in 689 Posts
Re: The "How do I do that?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roybot81 View Post
btw

does anyone know anything how to use .adg files in ableton, I only load into the track and not as a clip.

peace
Those are typically racks / groups, not audio files. Check your FX chain when you load them up, that's where they'll be.

Advertisements

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #1762
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20760

Could somebody please tell me the chords for racetrack carcass? A lot of you seem to be able to identify chords better than I can.

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 08:13 AM   #1763
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
fuck you!
MC Status: 329126900
Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roybot81 View Post
Thanks rix

I tried switching to the usb bus power but as soon as I do the keyboard powers down. I going to have a tech look at it.

I spoke to Ableton too about the other issue and its sorted, many others questions for them though. Ableton seems like a tricky daw but a powerful one.

Many thanks
did you flip the little switch on the side?
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #1764
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798770

I actually have two sounds I'm really interested in:
Thrupence - In Silence [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The first synth I'm trying to figure out is the broken saw wave that starts at 0:16. It sounds like it's layered with quite wide pad (pad starts a bar before), but I have no idea how to achieve the characteristics of the sound.

The 0:16 synth is the main sound I'm interested, but plus points to whoever who knows how to make the wide bass in 1:35 without ending up with multiple phase issues...

Thanks in advance!

------------------
Top influencers: 1. Mohombi 2. Safri Duo 3. Pitbull (Timber only)
PM ME YOURS

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #1765
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson Academy View Post
Thrupence - In Silence [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The first synth I'm trying to figure out is the broken saw wave that starts at 0:16. It sounds like it's layered with quite wide pad (pad starts a bar before), but I have no idea how to achieve the characteristics of the sound.

The 0:16 synth is the main sound I'm interested, but plus points to whoever who knows how to make the wide bass in 1:35 without ending up with multiple phase issues...

Thanks in advance!
I spent some time trying to recreate the whole intro, mainly the retro synth. I think I got some decent results, though I'm still not sure how the original was made

------------------
Top influencers: 1. Mohombi 2. Safri Duo 3. Pitbull (Timber only)
PM ME YOURS

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Johnson Academy
Br/ainfu+ked (20-02-2018)
Old 20-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #1766
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 25260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson Academy View Post

Thanks in advance!
Sounds to me mostly like some detuned saws or a supersaw with a pretty wet chorus/phaser. That would cover the volume/pitch wobble and the relatively narrow, but moving frequency band. Maybe an envelope follower to control the mix of the chorus/phaser, but I doubt it.

As far as the bass is concerned, it doesn't sound too wide to me, but maybe I'm paying more attention to just the low frequencies. My go-to way to do that would be to use multiband stereo control and widen the top frequencies (or start with a really wide bass sound and narrow the bottom).

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 02:12 AM   #1767
Sorrezoo
Regular Freak
Sorrezoo will become famous soon enoughSorrezoo will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Does Evelon still come here
Sorrezoo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 08:55 AM   #1768
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 25260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrezoo View Post
I see last activity for him yesterday, but no posts in a month. Just not feeling super active right now, I guess.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 12:27 PM   #1769
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18026369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrezoo View Post

hes probably sick of being the only one who knows how to do stuff

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Parricide
deadmau7 (23-02-2018)