Edit multiple macro parameters at once in Ableton Live
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 14-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
Sons of Achab
IDMf Artist
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 4310
Icon5 Edit multiple macro parameters at once in Ableton Live

My problem is the fallowing: when I use the "rigth clic -> slice to new midi track" thing on a clip in Ableton Live, the created drum rack has 8 predifined macros.

One of them is the "loop lenght", which can be set up to 90% by default. I want it to go to 100%. So ok, I go in the "macro mapping" mode ("right clic -> edit macro map" on one of the slice's loop lengh paramter), and there I can change the loop length upper limit for each of my slices.

But sometimes, I have 64 slices to edit... Is there a way to set the limit to 100% for all the slices at the same time?

Oh, and same question to edit the chocke goup of the slices (to set every slices to chocke 1).

Help would be really appreciated, thanks!

Advertisements

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 06:36 PM   #2
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1540677
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,313 Posts
Re: Edit multiple macro parameters at once in Ableton Live

assign a macro to one of the drum rack cell's parameter you want to control.

right click on a the parameter in the cell that is already mapped. at the bottom of the menu that comes up select Map to all Siblings.

Done.

As far as the choke group thing is concerned, open up the IO section of your drum rack, select all chains there by selecting chain 1 and while hitting shift selecting the last chain. You can then change the choke group for every selected chain.

Also, RTFM

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
Jaded (15-05-2016)
Old 15-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #3
Sons of Achab
IDMf Artist
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 4310

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
assign a macro to one of the drum rack cell's parameter you want to control.

right click on a the parameter in the cell that is already mapped. at the bottom of the menu that comes up select Map to all Siblings.

Done.
Thanks, I didn't know the Map to all Siblings thing! It's a real time saver...

Quote:
As far as the choke group thing is concerned, open up the IO section of your drum rack, select all chains there by selecting chain 1 and while hitting shift selecting the last chain. You can then change the choke group for every selected chain.
Well nope... I already tried this, and it doesn't work. Which is crazy because it works for the mute buttons or things like that.

Quote:
Also, RTFM
Hmm yeah, I didn't try that...

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #4
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1540677
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons of Achab View Post
Well nope... I already tried this, and it doesn't work. Which is crazy because it works for the mute buttons or things like that.

interesting, works on my end.

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote