[IDM/Breakcore/DnB] FailSafe - Least Favourite
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #1
Failsafe
Granular Poster
Failsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860
[IDM/Breakcore/DnB] FailSafe - Least Favourite

Despite the title, probably my favourite track I've ever made. Definitely spent longer on it than I have on anything else before, and I think it shows, but I'd love to know what you think. I'm pretty happy with the Razor bass sounds and the extreme automation on the drums, and I think I've made the song structure recognisable enough to be enticing, but also with enough evolution to be interesting. Not so sure about the middle 8 section, tried to create some tension but I think it might be a bit boring..
Looking forward to finding out some different opinions!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Failsafe; 14-10-2017 at 05:41 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Failsafe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [IDM/Breakcore/DnB] FailSafe - Least Favourite.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:17 PM   #2
musesickdt
Microknight
musesickdt is currently spamming hard
Bahamas
MC Status: 25
Re: [IDM/Breakcore/DnB] FailSafe - Least Favourite

Dead link...

------------------
musesickdt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 05:42 PM   #3
Failsafe
Granular Poster
Failsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to behold

Err.. URL is the same but I think I just fixed it.

------------------
Old 14-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #4
musesickdt
Microknight
musesickdt is currently spamming hard
Bahamas
MC Status: 25

That did it
Not too familiar with the breakcore style, but it is interesting. Not quite my cup of tea, but I appreciate the work that went into the complex structures. For everything it has going on, nothing really sounds out of place, both melodically and rhythmically. And the final break that ties it all back together was done well, and then the slow pace at the end was pretty brilliant and shows me that you're in tune with how mad everything was beginning to get, and it wouldn't have been quite right to end on a crazy note. Well done for a style that I hardly know anything about.

------------------
musesickdt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #5
Failsafe
Granular Poster

Ah thanks bud I appreciate that. Yeah I do often have to remind myself to ease off every now and then to make sure the more hectic parts have more impact, glad you thought it paid off Really like your comment that 'nothing really sounds out of place', that's hard to get right when you're cramming so many different parts in there and none of them are really doing the same thing. Thanks for the feedback!

------------------
Old 15-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
PeteVai
Analog Lurker
PeteVai has a spectacular aura aboutPeteVai has a spectacular aura about
Lisbon
MC Status: 160

I am also not very familiar or enjoy this style at all, but I am surprised at this track ! With so many elements and so much going on, it's really interesting how everything fits and blends.
Also love how you transition from crazy-mothafucka-shit-i'm so fast-sonic-mlg speed to a chilled out vibe.

Cheers!

------------------
PeteVai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #7
Failsafe
Granular Poster

Ah thanks for the comments guys! If you're enjoying it and you're self confessed non-breakcore-fans then that gives me a lot of hope. It's not a great representation of the genre as I don't try to confine to a specific genre, but the hectic beats associated with breakcore are for sure a staple of my work so it seems like the closest fit.

Thanks again for the feedback, much appreciated.

Advertisements

------------------