Upcoming silent hill tribute project.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 14-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 19460
Upcoming silent hill tribute project.

Okay guys so after my album I think I am going to work on a silent hill tribute album for Halloween I can't decide if I'll sell it for a dollar or just give it away for free. It will be all original music, but have a kind of dark ethereal feel to it, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in taking part of the album. Singers with haunting voices (preferably female) are welcome. I want it to be perfect and have a silent hill vibe with a feel of a real silent hill game or movie that osmething like downpour should have gotten. (don't get me wrong I love dexter, but Daniel Litch on Silent hill didn't sound right to me at least) Comment, make pyramid head art, idk whatever , but if you want to contribute talk to me! We can get something started.

Advertisements

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7236929
Re: Upcoming silent hill tribute project.

[POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT]

Those games were good because they trusted the player to think and interpret. Pyramid Head is not interesting by himself; He is interesting because he mirrors what is bad about the protagonist. They were good design because they took limitations of the platform they were released on, like the maximum displayable polygon count, and turned them into game mechanics, I.E: The Fog.

These are all concepts that are going to be really hard to explain with sound. Not to discourage you or anything, but you'll have to make sure you communicate the idea in a way that people who have not played the games can understand. This will take a lot of planning and thought.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 19460

I almost forgot I even posted this LOL. I actually came to this idea because of my unrealesd tracks sound like they could be in the game. I have made music countless nights and have a lot of tracks just most of my ambient works or darker more trip-hop nin/silent hill type stuff never got released because I thought I wasn't good enough and all that jazz. The concept itself is difficult, but as long as you have the right minds on it they should be doable.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
grubbsy
Minor Glitch
grubbsy is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Damn the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack was so great. Good luck on this, sounds pretty sweet

I do agree that the music alone doesn't really show you what Silent Hill is about. But if you're just making it for fun and showing it to fans who know the music then I think it's awesome. Also its still a very interesting style of music for almost anyone

Advertisements

grubbsy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote