Hi there/Deep house waahhh
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 29-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
SUBSDANCEme
Learning The Ropes
SUBSDANCEme is currently spamming hard
Alaska
MC Status: 10
Hi there/Deep house waahhh

Hi there,

My name is Natasha and I have a question for all you lovely producers out there. I am trying to make my deep house synth waahhh in the end of my riff.

So it'll go duh duh du-du-du waahh duh duh du-du-du, or something along those lines. I want to use it to add variation to my basslines. I've produced two awesome deep house sounds, I just want make it have that dubby feel.

I use Massive mainly, but I also have Predator, SubBoomBass, Blue II, and Absynth 5. I have made my deep house sounds in Massive.

Advertisements

SUBSDANCEme is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
Schnork
Deep Underground
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 13610
Re: Hi there/Deep house waahhh

Could you provide an example? Not sure what you mean with "waaaahhhh"...
If you just want to emphasize some parts of your pattern - Filter (Cutoff) Automation or simply Velocity (Could link to Filter Cutoff) would be obvious.

Or use Delay, Distortion, Reverb just on the note(s) you want to emphasize.
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
SUBSDANCEme
Learning The Ropes
Alaska

Abstract & Logic - Missing you
Old 29-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8537680
Thanked 6,935 Times in 4,936 Posts

modulate the attack...if you want a hard transient sound to morph to a more rising sound...

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015, 05:27 PM   #5
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 19660

square wave low passed sent to a lfo modulating the cut off at 1/2 rate
if you have ni massive i could post up both sounds actually
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015, 05:28 PM   #6
SUBSDANCEme
Learning The Ropes
Alaska

Modulating attack in second envelope worked!!!!

Thank you. I started watching dubstep videos cause I was convinced it was some sort of oscillation. Bad ass guys, thank you
Old 29-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #7
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

As said, lowpass filter enveloped square and sine (to get the "bouw").
The "waaah" sounds like bounced and reversed audio of the "bouw".

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
relic (29-06-2015)
Old 30-06-2015, 09:36 AM   #8
Heiserk
Radial Developer
Heiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBSDANCEme View Post
So it'll go duh duh du-du-du waahh duh duh du-du-du, or something along those lines.
This actually killed me

------------------
Quote:
So it'll go duh duh du-du-du waahh duh duh du-du-du, or something along those lines.

https://soundcloud.com/i-r-i-2/sets/...ms-for-when-no
Heiserk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 12:17 AM   #9
Ectoentropic
Regular Freak
Ectoentropic will become famous soon enoughEctoentropic will become famous soon enough
Colorado
MC Status: 110

Quote:
Hi there,

My name is Natasha and I have a question for all you lovely producers out there. I am trying to make my deep house synth waahhh in the end of my riff.

So it'll go duh duh du-du-du waahh duh duh du-du-du, or something along those lines. I want to use it to add variation to my basslines. I've produced two awesome deep house sounds, I just want make it have that dubby feel.

I use Massive mainly, but I also have Predator, SubBoomBass, Blue II, and Absynth 5. I have made my deep house sounds in Massive.
Use some kind of lowpassy filter on massive, the actual low passes, daft, and acid are good for this. Then use the performer in massive or automation to modulate the filter level and/or resonance.

Also this will sound ridiculous, but programming this kind of thing is easier if you make the noises with your mouth while you are doing it. Try it.
Ectoentropic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #10
motox2121
Sample Destroyer
motox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MC
MC Status: 1118834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiserk View Post
This actually killed me
LMAO

Advertisements

------------------
motox2121 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote