How do you make that Spor/Feed Me tearing/ripping bass EFFECT (not the bass itself)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 27-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
leftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant future
Reykjavik
MC Status: 1662
How do you make that Spor/Feed Me tearing/ripping bass EFFECT (not the bass itself)

He uses it in many of his tracks. Here is one example:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

It's a playlist of previews of his new EP, but the track i am talking about is "Pink Lady" and the tearing/ripping effect comes in around 0:38.. That up and down chainsaw effect.

I don't need to know how to make his reese, I just want to about the effect itself.

He also uses it in a track of his called "Two Fingers ft. Sway - That Girl (Spor Remix)":
It's all over that track.

Advertisements

------------------
leftfoot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
Anodyne Industries
Anodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MC
Oakland, CA
MC Status: 53565178
Re: How do you make that Spor/Feed Me tearing/ripping bass EFFECT (not the bass itsel

It's kind of difficult to tell what you're talking about. At :38 seconds into Pink lady the bassline is being modulated by a filter attached to an LFO. It's a simple "wobble" but it's more than likely been treated MULTIPLE times and layered. I'm pretty sure thats what you're talking about.
Anodyne Industries is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
definity
Minor Glitch
definity has a reputation beyond reputedefinity has a reputation beyond reputedefinity has a reputation beyond reputedefinity has a reputation beyond reputedefinity has a reputation beyond reputedefinity has a reputation beyond reputedefinity has a reputation beyond reputedefinity has a reputation beyond reputedefinity has a reputation beyond reputedefinity has a reputation beyond reputedefinity has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4909
Re: How do you make that Spor/Feed Me tearing/ripping bass EFFECT (not the bass itsel

if you are talking about the sound at 1:40 on "That Girl" it just a evelope on the pitch of a recce that has been more processed that layers i imagine

------------------
Definity...

Check it out!

definity is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
leftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant future
Reykjavik

Alright i think i understand now, thanks guys.

------------------
Old 16-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
TIMT
Soundscaper
TIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MC
MC Status: 418660

many ways you can achieve this the easiest would be a phaser with alot of poles (sytrus's cherry phaser springs to mind) automated with an lfo or something, fed through distortion.

What will happen is when the notes glide in and out of eachother the phaser will break up due to the serious phase mangling that is going on usually all
you would hear is the pitch being messed up due to the high pole depth but if you feed it through distortion it will enhance the phase mangling and sound very broken

Hope this is similar to what you was lookin for
TIMT is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #6
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
Reykjavik

Thanks man, i will try it out =]

------------------
Old 02-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #7
TheIlladelph
Soundscaper
TheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MC
Boulder, CO
MC Status: 236874

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMT View Post
many ways you can achieve this the easiest would be a phaser with alot of poles (sytrus's cherry phaser springs to mind) automated with an lfo or something, fed through distortion.

What will happen is when the notes glide in and out of eachother the phaser will break up due to the serious phase mangling that is going on usually all
you would hear is the pitch being messed up due to the high pole depth but if you feed it through distortion it will enhance the phase mangling and sound very broken

Hope this is similar to what you was lookin for
This actually makes a lot of sense. But I think I'm too noob to understand it completely. What kid of phaser settings would you use?

------------------
TheIlladelph is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
Reykjavik

Just thought i would post a little update..

This is what i got so far, it still needs a lot of work but at least i have gotten somewhere as opposed to nowhere

Last edited by leftfoot; 22-09-2011 at 03:50 PM..

Advertisements

------------------