Akai Apc 40 Pad Mute/Cutoff
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 19-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
Badea
Regular Freak
Badea is a savage MCBadea is a savage MCBadea is a savage MCBadea is a savage MCBadea is a savage MCBadea is a savage MCBadea is a savage MCBadea is a savage MCBadea is a savage MCBadea is a savage MCBadea is a savage MC
MC Status: 835050
Akai Apc 40 Pad Mute/Cutoff

Hello peeps,

I was wondering if there is any way to make the pads on the APC 40 cut eachother off. For example, say I'm playing a sample off one of them, and I want another sample to cut right in while muting the other one at the same time. This is all using ableton by the way.

What are my options? I've tried working it out myself, but I can't seem to come up with anything usable...

Advertisements

Badea is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts
Re: Akai Apc 40 Pad Mute/Cutoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badea View Post
Hello peeps,

I was wondering if there is any way to make the pads on the APC 40 cut eachother off. For example, say I'm playing a sample off one of them, and I want another sample to cut right in while muting the other one at the same time. This is all using ableton by the way.

What are my options? I've tried working it out myself, but I can't seem to come up with anything usable...
You've essentially got that for your vertical row of clips - as only one clip in a track can play at any one time. So I can only assume you want to be playing a clip in track A, and when a clip is played in track B, it cuts off whatever was playing in track A.

Consider these set-up options. When the clip in track B plays:
Do you want the clip in track A to stop, or
Do you want track A's audio to mute (at what point would you un-mute it?)
Do you want the clip in Track A to be stopped by playing the clip in track B, then the clip in Track A plays again when clip in Track B is finished.

You need think it through, then give a bit more information on how you'd like it to function / what the purpose of the set-up is, then it might be easier to come up with a solution.

Advertisements

scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote