They claim this is Biosphere, but we all know it's NOT, who the **** is it??
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Track ID's & Tracklistings Post & Request Tracklistings & Track ID's

Old 28-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
axomamma
Learning The Ropes
axomamma is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
They claim this is Biosphere, but we all know it's NOT, who the **** is it??

In the late 90's I recorded a live set to cassette from a swedish radio show. It was supposed to be a set by the Norweigan ambient composer Biosphere. At the time I didn't think too much of it, but one day I realized that this is definitely NOT Biosphere.

In part 7 (the last) the presenter is reading the names of what has been played, and those tracks he names bares absolutely no resemblance to what is actually played. You can for instance hear him name several tracks from the album Substrata, like Chukung, Cobresia etc, tracks which for starters doesn't even have rythm.

What he says exactly in part 7 is:
"This was all from P3 Live and Biosphere. The music was from beginning to end - Chukung, Cobresia, The Seal, When I leave, Uva Ursi, The Things, Shield, Novelty Waves, and finally Patashnik. (bla bla bla)".

Anyone who listens to Biosphere knows this is ridiculous.

A mistake was obviously made. I've been in contact with the radio station, I've been trying all kinds of track id stuff, I even wrote to Biosphere himself in case he should know anything about the mishap. Still I haven't managed to ID this artist.

This is really good shit, but WHO the heck is it??

Advertisements

axomamma is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Shtuffe
Shtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MC
In a sauna far to the north!
MC Status: 4762457
Re: They claim this is Biosphere, but we all know it's NOT, who the **** is it??

I only came here because Biosphere is a badass song by in flames, and i though "OH come on, man! Not another one bashing on metal!".

So now you know that...

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
...this thread needs more unicorns

Drum n Bass / Breakcore / dramaticstufforsomethingIdon'tknow
Shtuffe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222282884
Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,755 Posts
Re: They claim this is Biosphere, but we all know it's NOT, who the **** is it??

haha i bet biosphere loved that you wrote to him to ask what this great music was that had gotten mixed in with his by accident

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
axomamma
Learning The Ropes

probably not, but he really liked what he heard
Old 18-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #5
axomamma
Learning The Ropes

Just wanted to follow up on this. After approx three years of searching I have now discovered the identity of this artist. He goes by the name of Mark Pilkington.

Check it out. His music is awsome.

www . markpilkington . org . uk
www . thought-universe . co . uk

Cheers

Advertisements