Autechre
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 29-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
stu
Administrator
stu is a savage MCstu is a savage MCstu is a savage MCstu is a savage MCstu is a savage MCstu is a savage MCstu is a savage MCstu is a savage MCstu is a savage MCstu is a savage MCstu is a savage MC
Melbourne
MC Status: 5803463
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Autechre
is an English electronic music group consisting of Rob Brown (born c. 1971) and Sean Booth (born c. 1973), both natives of Rochdale. The group is one of the most prominent acts signed with Warp Records, a label known for its pioneering electronic music artists. Some journalists consider Autechre to be a paragon of IDM and one of the driving forces behind its development, though Booth and Brown are ambivalent in relating their sound to established genres.

Advertisements

------------------
Gleam - What I spend 110% of my time on these days.
stu is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
cjthompson
Learning The Ropes
cjthompson is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 16
i think autechre pretty much top the lot for me from their amazingly tripy early stuff like inncunabula and amber up to the completly awe inspiring works like draft 7.30

they,re definetely veterans of the game

would be nice if they maybe swung towards some of their earlier stuff a bit more though !!
cjthompson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
unknown function
Regular Freak
unknown function has a spectacular aura aboutunknown function has a spectacular aura aboutunknown function has a spectacular aura about
sydney
MC Status: 205
Re: Autechre

autechre reigns
unknown function is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
Micko
Soundscaper
Micko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MC
MC Status: 254268

any suggestions?

Micko is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 11:00 PM   #5
c_wong
Learning The Ropes
c_wong is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

incunabula, amber and lp5
but don't miss any of their music
c_wong is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: biosphere - patashnik
Old 02-08-2007, 12:31 AM   #6
Micko
Soundscaper
Micko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MC
MC Status: 254268

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_wong View Post
incunabula, amber and lp5
but don't miss any of their music

Thanks for the tip

Micko is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #7
seraph
Learning The Ropes
seraph is currently spamming hard

The masters of distorted IDM sound. They transport you inside the machine. You are inside, converting you from regular human form into mechanical beast. They are the ultimate IDM beats. TRI REPETAE, INCUNABULA, AMBER and UNTILTED are the eseential IDM library contents.
seraph is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
roshinaya
Learning The Ropes
roshinaya is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 18

rob considers incunabula and amber cheesy, so unless they will go for cheesy, they will not be doing that kind of stuff anymore. and this is what i want, why regress when you can instead progress and experiment. quaristice has its nods to the more older stuff, so be happy with it. i always found the replay value is much greater on their later work anyways, so much detail and texture.
roshinaya is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
Myfirstcasio
Myfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 545373

Totally, Untilted is in my opinion their best, followed by Draft and Confield. The further you go back the less detail and layering and indeed the more cheesy. The old stuff is great but it has actually aged really, really badly...

I still haven't listened to Quaristice from begining to end yet as I'd rather by the CD than dowload from Bleep but from what I have heard it seems like one of those records which gets harder and tougher the more you listen, I skipped over it breifly and beleived it to be quite chilled out and ambiant but each time I listen to the tracks on Mary Anne Hobbs recent shows they get heavier and heavier, just love the way they manage to do this!
Myfirstcasio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #10
Myfirstcasio
Myfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MC
London

Just found out Autechre are gonna do a set for Mary Anne Hobbs this or next week.

Now I don't know if this can be trusted but she says they have promised her they will do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #11
fdr
Learning The Ropes
fdr is currently spamming hard

Just dont start out with Untitled, I'd recomend starting off with amber. Their doing a radio show on autechre.ws this saturday which I will most likely be able to record.

Anyone have the interview from Wire magazine?
fdr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 02:00 AM   #12
Bodymachine
Learning The Ropes
Bodymachine is currently spamming hard

i think the last album was too technical.
the emotions are disappeared.
i know that the the focus of AE was along their career to create new futuristic sounds... but, music with no emotions is like watch robots while they fuck.
Bodymachine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 02:00 AM   #13
Bodymachine
Learning The Ropes
Bodymachine is currently spamming hard

however.
ina month they are in berlin.
i am there:O)
Bodymachine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #14
soundwave
Gear Slut
soundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MCsoundwave is a savage MC
MC Status: 16228

I think the first half of Untilted sound a little unimaginative like they haven't quite got to grips with their Elektronís but the album gets better the further on it gets. I personally think they havenít innovatively pushed anything radically technical since Gantz Graf but I like their approach to live work and they still seem to be interested in what their doing along with exploring different directions so they still deserve the attention of any experimental electronic music aficionado. Not heard the new album yet but will be hearing it live for the first time next Friday!
soundwave is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #15
Rognalf
Learning The Ropes
Rognalf has a spectacular aura aboutRognalf has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 166

I actually quite like Untilted, while I'm having a hard time listening through their older stuff.
Rognalf is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #16
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodymachine View Post
i know that the the focus of AE was along their career to create new futuristic sounds... but, music with no emotions is like watch robots while they fuck.
Cool - I like watching anything fuck providing its all consenting etc

Emotionless but enjoyable

Actually, watching old age pensioners fuck is an aquired taste..........
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #17
Myfirstcasio
London

The new album is simply amazing! Perlence is a new classic track for sure!

Also I just saw them at Digital last week, awsome! I don't think the emotion has left their music, just changed.

Also, the are confirmed for Glade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17-03-2008, 12:36 AM   #18
quasig
Learning The Ropes
quasig is currently spamming hard

Tri Repetae is my fave.
quasig is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 04:12 AM   #19
fdr
Learning The Ropes
fdr is currently spamming hard

yeah quaristice is pretty solid imo, I've definitly been enjoying the ambient on their two. The extra track on the japanese version sucks though
fdr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #20
Fox
Fox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MC
Brussels
MC Status: 24820658

why are they stickied ?

Advertisements

------------------
Fox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote