Resources on gear specific "niche techniques"?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
soundmodel
Granular Poster
soundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud of
Finland
MC Status: 1060
Resources on gear specific "niche techniques"?

Anyone know resources on gear (can be software as well) specific "niche techniques"?

By niche techniques I mean things such as that automating some delay effects time parameter (in ms) produces springing and pitching effects.

So niche techniques are techniques of some particular gear whereby using it in some particular parameter ranges or settings gives "unconventional effects".

It could be useful if there was a resource where you could search with the gear name that you have and then have all sorts of tips on that gear listed.

E.g.

Search "DDL-1" would bring up e.g. that:

"Setting the time to "ms" and using the effect with chosen dry/wet and medium feedback while automating the time over some range <100ms produces pitch shifting and springing effects to the incoming audio."

Advertisements

soundmodel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:32 PM   #2
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744015341
Thanked 6,958 Times in 4,338 Posts
Re: Resources on gear specific "niche techniques"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmodel View Post

It could be useful if there was a resource where you could search with the gear name that you have and then have all sorts of tips on that gear listed.
That's basically what Google does for you these days though.
Having seen the dip in traffic here over the last year or so, I'd be very surprised if anyone could be willing to collate all this very specific info into one site for you.
Not saying it can't be done, just that for most people that would seem like a poor use of their time.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #3
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 17060

I'd say to rtfm .

Some companies will all but put their source code in the documentation for a VST. I'd be surprised if some synths don't do that as well.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:18 AM   #4
soundmodel
Granular Poster
soundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud ofsoundmodel has much to be proud of
Finland
MC Status: 1060

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I'd say to rtfm .

Some companies will all but put their source code in the documentation for a VST. I'd be surprised if some synths don't do that as well.
It's not that such would be for understanding how to use said gear, but more like it would be interesting to be able to investigate, what effects units have some "interesting parameter ranges".

Advertisements

soundmodel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote