Setting up a sidechain track in FL for faster sidechain
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:48 AM   #1
FoDriZZlE
Knob Twiddler
FoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura aboutFoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160
Setting up a sidechain track in FL for faster sidechain

Hi

I want to set up a mixer channel in FL, so I easily can route synths and other sounds to this channel so they get sidechained. I hope that made sense. I suck at googling, so if someone could provide a video or a short explenation, that would be great!

Edit: I like to use the limiter, but peak controller is good too, even better I think.

Last edited by FoDriZZlE; 01-05-2017 at 11:53 AM..

Advertisements

FoDriZZlE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 17610
Re: Setting up a sidechain track in FL for faster sidechain

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

theirs mine i use a fruity balance for the kick and either use a ghost kick(seprate kick) or my actual kick with a peak controller on it and set the volume input of the fruity balance to go off the peak controller via the vol knob on the peak section of the peak controller at a 0.8 input value via the internal controller option in the link to controller menu.
The fruity limiter is there also as i like to use that so i can also sidechain off my main snare or clap. Just set it to where your main clap/snare is via the sidechain section on the fruity limiter and put the snare/clap to sidechain to this track and your good to go.
Also
Theres my basic kick chain showing you where i put the peak controller if i were to add it to my main kick, Also [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
thats it for a ghostkick set up, same scenario for the ghost kick and main kick with the fruity balance just send the balance to the ghost kick not your main kick.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #3
FoDriZZlE
Knob Twiddler
FoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura aboutFoDriZZlE has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160
Re: Setting up a sidechain track in FL for faster sidechain

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post

theirs mine i use a fruity balance for the kick and either use a ghost kick(seprate kick) or my actual kick with a peak controller on it and set the volume input of the fruity balance to go off the peak controller via the vol knob on the peak section of the peak controller at a 0.8 input value via the internal controller option in the link to controller menu.
The fruity limiter is there also as i like to use that so i can also sidechain off my main snare or clap. Just set it to where your main clap/snare is via the sidechain section on the fruity limiter and put the snare/clap to sidechain to this track and your good to go.
Also
Theres my basic kick chain showing you where i put the peak controller if i were to add it to my main kick, Also [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
thats it for a ghostkick set up, same scenario for the ghost kick and main kick with the fruity balance just send the balance to the ghost kick not your main kick.
Thank you, but im still having a hard time figuring this out as I am not so experienced. Do you know any videos that explain this? Also, Im using FL 10, so I cant open your examples, but thanks for taking the time, really appreciate it!

Advertisements

FoDriZZlE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote