DJ Furniture
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-23-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
NotApplicable
Analog Lurker
NotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond repute
MA
MC Status: 2310
DJ Furniture

I am moving down into our finished basement. I have been up here in our unfinished space above our garage the cold/heat since we moved and I am using makeshift items for my setup. I live in MA so we get pretty damn cold here.

My wife is not having this in our house...

Is there anywhere to get nice dj furniture (table for turntable coffin, laptop, hd tv, controller, keyboard)? Also a place to store my records.

I know about IKEA, so please leave that off the list.

Thanks guys.

Advertisements

NotApplicable is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Tayo presents y4k
Old 02-23-2017, 10:23 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155360
Thanked 3,107 Times in 2,313 Posts
Re: DJ Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotApplicable View Post
I am moving down into our finished basement. I have been up here in our unfinished space above our garage the cold/heat since we moved and I am using makeshift items for my setup. I live in MA so we get pretty damn cold here.

My wife is not having this in our house...

Is there anywhere to get nice dj furniture (table for turntable coffin, laptop, hd tv, controller, keyboard)? Also a place to store my records.

I know about IKEA, so please leave that off the list.

Thanks guys.
I'm not even in the same country as you, so I can't make suggestions as to actually stores or tradespeople who can do stuff for you..all I can really suggest is you give some serious thought to saving yourself a lot of money and going the cheap route.

Take a trip to your nearest secondhand store and grab a few old doors..a couple of decorator's trestles..a few crakes even..or some concert blocks. Add to this a few tins of paint and/or varnish and you come out the other end with a really nice-looking, custom work service..and a ton of cash saved, that can be spent on other more pressing things..such a new gear or plugins.

Failing all this..if you really want a proper desk, then design one yourself and get a local carpenter to build it for you..chances are it will be better than what you would by in a store..though make sure to get the best price by shopping around for carpenters.

Last of all, just go to a store and get the best fit for your needs..or try online stores or the likes of eBay, where you might find a real bargain.

Hope you find what you're looking for and if and when you do, I hope you post up some pics on here, so we can all go green with envy.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #3
NotApplicable
Analog Lurker
NotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond reputeNotApplicable has a reputation beyond repute
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I'm not even in the same country as you, so I can't make suggestions as to actually stores or tradespeople who can do stuff for you..all I can really suggest is you give some serious thought to saving yourself a lot of money and going the cheap route.

Take a trip to your nearest secondhand store and grab a few old doors..a couple of decorator's trestles..a few crakes even..or some concert blocks. Add to this a few tins of paint and/or varnish and you come out the other end with a really nice-looking, custom work service..and a ton of cash saved, that can be spent on other more pressing things..such a new gear or plugins.

Failing all this..if you really want a proper desk, then design one yourself and get a local carpenter to build it for you..chances are it will be better than what you would by in a store..though make sure to get the best price by shopping around for carpenters.

Last of all, just go to a store and get the best fit for your needs..or try online stores or the likes of eBay, where you might find a real bargain.

Hope you find what you're looking for and if and when you do, I hope you post up some pics on here, so we can all go green with envy.
Thanks for the suggestions. They got me thinking.

I actually found some info online about IKEA hacks. I thought my wife would be against it, but she is really into it. I have some furniture from IKEA that I can add parts to, making a pretty sweet arrangement.

It should be about 2 weeks until I get it done. If I have the rights to post a photo by then I will definitely post one.

Thanks.
Thanks to NotApplicable
A.M (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 04:34 PM   #4
NotApplicable
Analog Lurker
MA

btw...

how do you thank someone for a post?
Old 02-25-2017, 06:42 PM   #5
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
btw...

how do you thank someone for a post?
By clicking the "Thanks" button just to the right, under their post..like I just did.

Looking forward to seeing those pics when you get it all sorted.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Jaded (03-04-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #6
Vault O)))
Ghostly
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 19510

There might be a 30-post rule on the thanks button, IIRC

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:24 PM   #7
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
There might be a 30-post rule on the thanks button, IIRC
Really? That seems a bit of a strange rule to me..don't understand why that feature would be restricted..it's not like it really benefits the clicker in any direct way or does it?

Am I missing something here?

------------------
Old 02-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #8
NotApplicable
Analog Lurker
MA

yea all i see is a quote and a quick reply...
Thanks to NotApplicable
A.M (02-26-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 05:44 PM   #9
A.M

Quote:
yea all i see is a quote and a quick reply...

Guess V's right then..much be that old "30 posts" thing, thought that only applied to posting tracks over in the "Listening Booth". Live and learn, uh?

------------------
Old 02-26-2017, 08:03 PM   #10
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1526727
Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,147 Posts

I LOVE DJ FURNITURE!!!!

His 2016 mix "End Table By The Chaise Lounge" is nothing but bangers.

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:05 PM   #11
Artificer
Master of the LFO
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 21010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
I LOVE DJ FURNITURE!!!!

I'm glad someone did it so I didn't have to. Been resisting the urge.
Artificer is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Artificer
A.M (02-26-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 01:10 PM   #12
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 16760

Quote:
I LOVE DJ FURNITURE!!!!

dont forget that collab ep he did with bed side cabinet was amazing
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
A.M (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #13
NotApplicable
Analog Lurker
MA

i guess i had that coming...
Old 03-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #14
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
totes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond repute
Skyway Patrol
MC Status: 9710

Quote:
I LOVE DJ FURNITURE!!!!

automan (feat. coffeetable) was my personal favorite
totes antenna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to totes antenna
PROton42 (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 01:36 AM   #15
Bipolar Joe
Soundscaper
Bipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 7410

Quote:
I LOVE DJ FURNITURE!!!!

I actually prefer Chaise Lounge's solo stuff to when he was Chaise and Status.

------------------
Try a lowpassed square wave, moron.

Also, buy my God damn music, please.
Bipolar Joe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:59 PM   #16
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 58260
Thanked 1,165 Times in 778 Posts

Quote:
Guess V's right then..much be that old "30 posts" thing, thought that only applied to posting tracks over in the "Listening Booth". Live and learn, uh?
Yeah he's right because when I was new I asked the exact same question

------------------
professurreal is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to professurreal
Jaded (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #17
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6893659
Thanked 3,289 Times in 1,999 Posts

Dex DJ Stands, Hoerboars, Swamp Industries... a few more I can't remember...

------------------
For reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God*

satan = f i d
my master, my god, my lord and savior = f i d d y
my boner = f i d e l i u m

* I am not God.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #18
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6893659
Thanked 3,289 Times in 1,999 Posts

Also, nothing beats a road case and a multi tiered keyboard stand

------------------
For reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God*

satan = f i d
my master, my god, my lord and savior = f i d d y
my boner = f i d e l i u m

* I am not God.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:57 PM   #19
NotApplicable
Analog Lurker
MA

I finally moved to the comfort of indoors. I have built my ikea hack dj stand and brought down my production/generic pc.

No more hats, gloves and winter coats. So happy about that.

I will post pics when i have qualified to post stuff.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #20
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7236279

Quote:
Really? That seems a bit of a strange rule to me..don't understand why that feature would be restricted..it's not like it really benefits the clicker in any direct way or does it?

Am I missing something here?
People creating alt accounts to thank themselves to bolster their e-peen, most likely.

Advertisements

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Blingley
A.M (03-05-2017)