The Razer Blade Stealth Ultrabook, a good choice for live performance?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 26-12-2016, 04:26 PM   #1
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 3560
Icon5 The Razer Blade Stealth Ultrabook, a good choice for live performance?

I hate facebook advertisement, but last time it brings me to this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I'll have to buy a laptop sooner or later to bring on live stages, and this one seems pretty good: i7-7500U Dual-Core, 16Go RAM, only 2.84lbs, CNC aluminum chassis, and the most important things: there's no "NVIDIA GTX 4K Titanium+ ultra power" graphic card embedded! It's pretty hard to find a powerful laptop without a graphic card that cost half of the laptop and you don't need if your purpose is only to make music... And if one day you want to play Call of Battlefield because your life sucks, you can get the external graphic card anyway!

Jokes aside, what do you think about this model?

Advertisements

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8540880
Thanked 6,999 Times in 4,974 Posts
Re: The Razer Blade Stealth Ultrabook, a good choice for live performance?

hard to rate...specs mean nothing...could still end up being unstable as fuck running your music software....buy something w the least amount of bloatware embedded beyond your reach to remove it...

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (27-12-2016)
Old 06-01-2017, 05:15 AM   #3
Tubordinate
Minor Glitch
Tubordinate will become famous soon enough
Leicestershire , United Kingdom
MC Status: 60

i bet you could get something just as smashing for that price elsewhere...... does look really neat though, ive been debating it but the only one that appeals to me is 1700 ..... theyre adding around 300 for an extra 750gb of storage.... pricey for me
Tubordinate is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:16 AM   #4
aeoR
Savage Mad Cunt
aeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MC
MC Status: 13020976

i was in your situation not long ago..

check out the originPC laptops
aeoR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #5
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21260

I agree that the GPU costs a lot (and eats up batteries), and it may be worthwhile to skip it if you're going to be setting up the way a lot of people do live with pre-rendered clips, but for audio production as a whole, the GPU can help out. Some demanding stuff can run partially on Nvidia GPUs using CUDA to save CPU, kind of like using a DSP card (I believe AMD has an equivalent, but Nvidia's has been around longer and it's easy to get a dev kit for, so it has more applications developed for it). I know Acustica does that today, and I'd be surprised if more devs don't start leveraging it soon. Also, it can take some load off the CPU by handing graphics off to a separate chip, which keeps the CPU cooler. Most ultrabooks perform slower than expected because the CPU slows itself down to prevent overheating, so you want to minimize that in some way. Still, if you get what you're looking at, I don't think you'll be disappointed, just go in with the expectations that it may not be as fast as advertised unless you do something about cooling.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 11:08 AM   #6
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 3560

Ok so after more investigations, to me the razer blade stealth 256Go/16Go RAM is the best choice. I just buy it, it should be on my desk next week, I'll tell you if it was the good choice!

Advertisements

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote