I made a video talking about the synth, TAL-Noisemaker
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 07-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #1
Narukami Music
Soundscaper
Narukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9210
I made a video talking about the synth, TAL-Noisemaker

Hey everyone,

I made a video where I talk about a freeware synth plugin called "TAL-Noisemaker" by Togu Audio Line. I basically show a song that I made, go into detail about how I made the sounds with Noisemaker and give my opinions about it.

I'll admit, the video is a bit too long and kind of rambly at parts. I'll have to plan out these videos better in the future, probably write a script. I actually recorded an hour worth of footage and had to cut out a lot of parts to shorten it up.

Still, tell me what you guys think about the presentation of the video, my speaking skill and how I could improve. I'd appreciate it a lot!

Thanks!

Advertisements

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 159210
Thanked 3,184 Times in 2,380 Posts
Re: I made a video talking about the synth, TAL-Noisemaker

Sorry..this is going to sound unduly harsh of me..so, sorry again up front..BUT..this is supposed to be about the TAL synth and during the first 2 minutes you're cracking jokes about being using letters and being cool..then going into stock FL plugins!

Go and take a look at how the pros do these kind of vids and copy the format they use..it's not that hard at all. Number one thing to remember is nobody gives a shit if you sound cool or say the right things..they just want to know about the program you're reviewing, so that's what you should be taking about.

Search out and watch some of the vids produced by the likes of Dan Worrall. Take notes on how his intro and how he covers the various topics in the vid.

Another thing is this is WAY too long..you have about 3 instruction / review vids mixed into one here, based on what you said in your post..and I think you would be better off editing this into tree that covers the TAL synth review..how to produce the track..and any other stuff you like.

Once again, sorry if this comes across as jumping on you..it's not meant that way at all. This is a good attempt and you rightly deserve praise for getting off your ass and doing something for the community here and that's really appreciated, trust me.

The only thing is you need to learn to do these kind of vids better is all.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Narukami Music (07-21-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 02:18 AM   #3
Narukami Music
Soundscaper
Narukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, it's cool man Honestly, I really appreciate your words. It's probably the most helpful thing's anyone very said to me regarding video production, to be honest. It's always better than "fuck u, u suck, fagoot." So I really appreciate it a lot!

I'll admit, I was too lazy to write a script for this one and the video came out kind of like a clusterfuck. That's on me. I wanted to see if I could ad lib a whole video without a script but I obviously can't haha. I'll have to produce something better in the future.

Thank you for the criticisms, it's what helps me grow

------------------
Old 07-21-2016, 02:38 AM   #4
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukami Music View Post
Nah, it's cool man Honestly, I really appreciate your words. It's probably the most helpful thing's anyone very said to me regarding video production, to be honest. It's always better than "fuck u, u suck, fagoot." So I really appreciate it a lot!

I'll admit, I was too lazy to write a script for this one and the video came out kind of like a clusterfuck. That's on me. I wanted to see if I could ad lib a whole video without a script but I obviously can't haha. I'll have to produce something better in the future.

Thank you for the criticisms, it's what helps me grow
A little tip I learned many years ago: if you want to sound like your not reading from a script, then use cards with the main points instead.

Obviously write a full script first, so all the details are fresh in your mind..then go through it and break it down into the main points you want to cover, making sure they flow in some sort of order. What you should end up with is a number of cards with the main point written down on them and then you just take each point at a time and expand on it when you record the vid.

This way it doesn't sound like you're reading from a script and comes across as more natural sounding, plus you still have enough order off screen in those cards to come across like you know what your talking about.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Narukami Music (07-21-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 03:54 AM   #5
Narukami Music
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
A little tip I learned many years ago: if you want to sound like your not reading from a script, then use cards with the main points instead.

Obviously write a full script first, so all the details are fresh in your mind..then go through it and break it down into the main points you want to cover, making sure they flow in some sort of order. What you should end up with is a number of cards with the main point written down on them and then you just take each point at a time and expand on it when you record the vid.

This way it doesn't sound like you're reading from a script and comes across as more natural sounding, plus you still have enough order off screen in those cards to come across like you know what your talking about.
You know, I never really thought about turning my scripts into cards. When I read from scripts in the past, I was always annoyed of carrying a piece of A4 paper everywhere and trying to section out which lines I should read next and stuff. This seems really useful and I think I'll try this out next time I make a video!

Thank you for the advice, man!

------------------
Old 07-21-2016, 04:05 AM   #6
A.M

Hey, you're more than welcome.

------------------
Old 07-21-2016, 07:37 AM   #7
Knob Twiddler
666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute
#Quit IDMf
MC Status: 6860

Quote:
It's probably the most helpful thing's anyone very said to me regarding video production, to be honest. It's always better than "fuck u, u suck, fagoot."
Never take negative YouToob comments to heart.

I agree with the organization. The first 5 minutes doesn't really do the video any justice, considering a lot of the rambling starts right off the bat and the point isn't super clear.

In fact, if the video was called something like "How to make EDM in FL Studio", or "Watch me produce in FL Studio" this video would have actually made more sense. You're going way more in-depth than you might have intended, which is awesome, but after skimming all around it I honestly couldn't find the part about the TAL Noisemaker.

There's nothing wrong about having a noodling or track-making video up, either. It just might help to give people a heads-up that they're going to be in for the long haul, and the video is going to be covering a lot of ground.

------------------
666 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:20 AM   #8
Narukami Music
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I agree with the organization. The first 5 minutes doesn't really do the video any justice, considering a lot of the rambling starts right off the bat and the point isn't super clear.

In fact, if the video was called something like "How to make EDM in FL Studio", or "Watch me produce in FL Studio" this video would have actually made more sense. You're going way more in-depth than you might have intended, which is awesome, but after skimming all around it I honestly couldn't find the part about the TAL Noisemaker.

There's nothing wrong about having a noodling or track-making video up, either. It just might help to give people a heads-up that they're going to be in for the long haul, and the video is going to be covering a lot of ground.
This is a fair thing to say. In fact, this might give me a chance to make another video regarding TAL-Noisemaker but, you now? Better hahah!

I'll rename this video something else and start working on a video that talks about Noisemaker much better. In fact, I already did that and gave it a new thumbnail haha.

As I said, I didn't really plan this video out and I just made it one day to test see if I could ad-lib a video. Looking back, this video isn't really good or interesting haha. Oh well, too late now. I hope the next video I make will be much better than this

------------------
Old 07-23-2016, 01:36 PM   #9
A.M

Quote:
This is a fair thing to say. In fact, this might give me a chance to make another video regarding TAL-Noisemaker but, you now? Better hahah!

I'll rename this video something else and start working on a video that talks about Noisemaker much better. In fact, I already did that and gave it a new thumbnail haha.

As I said, I didn't really plan this video out and I just made it one day to test see if I could ad-lib a video. Looking back, this video isn't really good or interesting haha. Oh well, too late now. I hope the next video I make will be much better than this
This video IS good..it's a GOOD first step in learning how to make a good video. Seriously, if you didn't make this you wouldn't know what you're learned from it already..and the next one you do WILL be better than this one, of that you can be certain.

So this video IS a positive thing..part of an on-going process is all. You'll get there, trust me.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Narukami Music (07-24-2016)
Old 07-24-2016, 03:09 AM   #10
Narukami Music
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
This video IS good..it's a GOOD first step in learning how to make a good video. Seriously, if you didn't make this you wouldn't know what you're learned from it already..and the next one you do WILL be better than this one, of that you can be certain.

So this video IS a positive thing..part of an on-going process is all. You'll get there, trust me.
Thank you so much for the kind words, man. It really does mean a lot to me that you've taken the time to tell me these things. And you're right, there's a lot that I learned from this video and the things you and 666 posted in this thread. I'll keep trying to improve so I can better videos in the future.

Thanks again man!

------------------
Old 07-24-2016, 05:11 PM   #11
A.M

Quote:
Thank you so much for the kind words, man. It really does mean a lot to me that you've taken the time to tell me these things. And you're right, there's a lot that I learned from this video and the things you and 666 posted in this thread. I'll keep trying to improve so I can better videos in the future.

Thanks again man!
Like I said, you're more than welcome.

Advertisements

------------------