Melodyne Studio 4 & Ableton 8 Issue
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:56 AM   #1
Jane Doe
Regular Freak
Jane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud of
The Frozen Wastes
MC Status: 1160
Melodyne Studio 4 & Ableton 8 Issue

I really hope this is in the right place?

I recently switched from Melodyne 4 Single-track (or Essential or whatever their basic one is called, I forget, off the top of my head) to Melodyne 4 Studio.

Now, previously, with Ableton 8, I could use Ableton's Edit function, (having set it all up in preferences/audio I think it is) to open up an audio clip, (any audio clip) and edit it in Melodyne - of course, Singletrack was a little simpler - being limited to basic quantization and pitch correction in monophonic, (Melodyne calls this 'Melodic') mode only. However, I could hit 'save' and it would save the clip, into my ableton project. Just edit the clip, right there. No exporting as wav and dropping it back into Ableton again just to be warped a second time or any of that crap. Just whatever edits I had made, being applied to the audio clip, as it existed in Ableton - and if it was a sample that wasn't recorded, (IE, a sample from a pack, rather than a vocal track I just recorded) it would save over that, and create a new file named file_original.extension (or something like that)

Anyway, now, with Melodyne 4, it won't do that. It wants me to export the whole f!cking thing, and when you have 30 clips cut from a jam session, that's a BITCH to try and pitch correct, export, and drop back in - makes the process waaaay more painfully slow - it'd be tedious in a different way if I consolidated them all, as they're arranged, and corrected them all in one big file, and dropped the one big file back in and re-chopped it into snippets.

I don't know what this is called, or how to even term it enough to find answers within a search function accurately, however I tried anyway and came up with nothing, thus I am coming to you folks, hoping you can decipher through my babble what I'm doing wrong. I can't find it in any of Melodyne 4 or Abe 8's settings.

Advertisements

------------------
Jane Doe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: A Cruel Means of Transportation - Vlantis
Old 16-07-2016, 06:24 AM   #2
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6899959
Thanked 3,415 Times in 2,065 Posts
Re: Melodyne Studio 4 & Ableton 8 Issue

Just lodge a ticket with Celemony support and see what they say.

------------------
For reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God*

satan = f i d
my master, my god, my lord and savior = f i d d y
my boner = f i d e l i u m

* I am not God.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 09:17 AM   #3
Schnork
Ghostly
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 11610

Have you set it as Audio Editor in Live?
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 10:20 PM   #4
Jane Doe
Regular Freak
Jane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud ofJane Doe has much to be proud of
The Frozen Wastes
MC Status: 1160

Sorry about going missing for a few days, there. Forgot all about this thread, wasn't even working on tunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Just lodge a ticket with Celemony support and see what they say.
I did. No response back yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post
Have you set it as Audio Editor in Live?
And yes, I have.

------------------
Jane Doe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 07:18 AM   #5
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6899959
Thanked 3,415 Times in 2,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Doe View Post
did. No response back yet.
Hurry up cunts!

I don't know if you've watched any of Peter Neubaker's Melodyne talks but if the rest of the company is as mellow as he is, it kind of makes sense that they're a bit slow

Advertisements

------------------
For reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God*

satan = f i d
my master, my god, my lord and savior = f i d d y
my boner = f i d e l i u m

* I am not God.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote