NI Komplete_new computer_headaches
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 13-06-2016, 07:28 PM   #1
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1533677
Thanked 1,909 Times in 1,225 Posts
NI Komplete_new computer_headaches

Hello all.

I know there are more than a few of you that are using NI Komplete (in my case its version 9). Its been working well for me forever now with the library on an external drive, but I got a new macbook... ha, that was my first mistake....

I installed and authorized Komplete 9 on this new machine and things are looking good, Kontakt and Battery instruments are all there, it's seeing my external drive just fine... that's usually the hangup i find w this sort of migration to a new machine. The issue is with Reaktor. Included in Komplete is Monark and Prism and a few other things. I can launch them from my external with no problem, here is the catch. NI has a pop-up screen that says the instruments arent authorized and I need to run Service Center.

Service Center pops up, i press authorize, and I'm able to use the ensemble in question, so its an annoyance more than anything..

BUT what happens when I am not online and want to run these instruments?? I'll not be able to use these things....

I've sent a support request to NI but I thought I would ask here.

Any help is appreciated!

-c

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 07:45 PM   #2
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
Re: NI Komplete_new computer_headaches

To follow up.

Apparently Battery and Kontakt play nice with moving the auth's over to a new computer but the preference list that Reaktor uses doesn't include a path the the authorization the way it does for Battery or Kontakt.

In order to get my Reaktor parts sorted out I'll need to download and instal Komplete 9 again and install the Reaktor content to my native drive and authorize from there.

(man it helps to have friends that work at NI, so many product support headaches averted)

------------------
Thanks to chasedobson
liquid_air (13-06-2016)
Old 13-06-2016, 09:10 PM   #3
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 51260
Thanked 1,025 Times in 759 Posts

Bit inconvenient.

I dread the day that I'll move to a new computer. It'll be few days of grief.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 09:29 PM   #4
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Bit inconvenient.

I dread the day that I'll move to a new computer. It'll be few days of grief.
its a pain but new Macbook is SO speedy. (: SSD and 16gigs of ram is a pretty significant feeling upgrade from my old laptop.

I've been only installing things as needed so its been "bite sized chunks". The up-side is my old machine is still trucking along so if i have sessions that dont want to play nice on the new comp i can at least launch the sessions and bounce audio to transfer over.

Advertisements

------------------