randomness M4L devices?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:45 PM   #1
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25210
randomness M4L devices?

Hey

I have been watching beatstep pro videos and was wondering if there are any M4L devices that could mimic some of the functions such as the roller/looper and the random/probability features
Obviously if they worked with push 2 that would be ace!
Cheers

Advertisements

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
Metaside
Sample Destroyer
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6210
Re: randomness M4L devices?

You might want to check out Herse:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Not sure if it has exactly what you want since it is limited with regard to probability and random functions, but it should be close (with a lot of extras). it is not free though.

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:11 PM   #3
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 114260
Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,330 Posts

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but I have this idea of using LFO MIDI device... No, wait! Using 20 of them at once. Set their shape to "random", maybe change few parameters like LFO offset, rate, phase in each of them separately (depends on what value you want to randomize). Then map them to anything you want so they could do some dials (thinking of sampler offset, loop start/end points, filter, dry/wet on various effects). Then maybe map your controller to crossfade dry with wet signal, or better, map it to control depth in each LFO MIDI device. When depth is 0% last value that was generated freezes while depth of 100% can murder you.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ms_
666 (22-06-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 11:02 PM   #4
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC

thanks, both good food for thought
i also remember seeing someone here making a M4L device where you could glitch out your loops by playing them on push anyone remember what i am talking about?

------------------
Old 10-04-2016, 11:20 PM   #5
Metaside
Sample Destroyer
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6210

Maybe you mean Scrubber by Dataf1ow?

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:09 PM   #6
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1533677
Thanked 1,909 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Hey

I have been watching beatstep pro videos and was wondering if there are any M4L devices that could mimic some of the functions such as the roller/looper and the random/probability features
Obviously if they worked with push 2 that would be ace!
Cheers

you might be able get close with some cleverly mapped midi fx in the standard library. that said i dont know the functions you speak of, just know some tricks I've pulled back in the ole IDM days.

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
jbvdb493 (12-04-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 12:02 AM   #7
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
you might be able get close with some cleverly mapped midi fx in the standard library. that said i dont know the functions you speak of, just know some tricks I've pulled back in the ole IDM days.
Yeah, I have a small library of home built fx and instrument racks in live now so I guess I should look into building some modulation/ midi effect racks as well.
Not at all keen on learning Max programming however, ain't nobody got time for dat!

------------------
Old 12-04-2016, 07:29 AM   #8
KaOsphere
Learning The Ropes
KaOsphere is currently spamming hard
Belus
MC Status: 10

Have you tried having a look at "device randomizer" in M4L lib ? Using this on an arp, gate or filter for exemple...
As mentionned earlier you could have a look at EXT2 from K-devices which is a sequenced modulator with a drunk mode...
You could try the Buffer Shuffler for an all in one looping/glitcher or use modulators on start/end point of your sequence and time division in your sequencer...
Melda production has a "Rythmizer" which can be of some use for looping/reverse/freeze. I think the one band version is part of their free pack.

I'm not sure if this is really what you're looking for, since you mentionned a Push compatibility and I never put my hands on it...But I hope, this helps...
KaOsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #9
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1533677
Thanked 1,909 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Yeah, I have a small library of home built fx and instrument racks in live now so I guess I should look into building some modulation/ midi effect racks as well.
Not at all keen on learning Max programming however, ain't nobody got time for dat!

I cant build a max patch from scratch, well, let me back up. I can't build anything with a level of sophistication, however, I can frankenstein patches and pre-built things together. If you start tinkering in a intuitive way with the provided patches one can do some interesting things.

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 06:14 PM   #10
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
I cant build a max patch from scratch, well, let me back up. I can't build anything with a level of sophistication, however, I can frankenstein patches and pre-built things together. If you start tinkering in a intuitive way with the provided patches one can do some interesting things.
Yeah same, I rarely open max, because I don't really care to become a programmer but like you said seeing how stuff is made is cool.
What I do,have is my own live racks but those are easy to make!
Edit: I guess I just repeated what I said in those quotes in the post above, oh well!

------------------
Old 22-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #11
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59310
Thanked 1,186 Times in 789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaside View Post

Yeah this one is pretty cool.

Shameless self plug: A few years ago I made a controllable randomized which can be mapped to any device parameter in Ableton. It might not be exactly what you're looking for but might be of interest anyway:

Advertisements

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote