thank you moderator for deleting my post
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-21-2016, 05:43 PM   #1
Ed Nomi
Analog Lurker
Ed Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud of
Antwerp
MC Status: 1310
thank you moderator for deleting my post

For days I've been working on a 16 page booklet, documenting every step in the production process of my most recent release. This is a free download containing production tips and beautiful pictures of my setup.
So I wanted to share this booklet with the community here and my post disappears...

OK, I get it that maybe I posted it in the wrong section but just deleting it, deleting the effort I put in describing what it was all about seems very rude to me.
I put a lot of time in this booklet and the moderator who without any notice deleted my post just wasted some more of my precious time because I've been scratching my head and looking for my post for the last hour.

Of course it's related to promoting my (hard) work, but you could be a little bit more sensitive about it and guide the people who are active on this forum to post in the right section of the forum.

Advertisements

------------------
Ed Nomi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744005991
Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,221 Posts
Re: thank you moderator for deleting my post

Quote:
Thread deleted by Stercogburn Reason: Member releases go in Member Releases
Dude...

first up, people documenting what they're up to is nothing unusual these days, the internet is full of this type of stuff. Unfortunately, most people do not care. This sort of thing should really be saved for when you have a following already and not as a way to create one.

Second, direct links to a "record label" website store page looks extremely spammy.
(btw you should probably try to remove that huge block of black covering the majority of the download link )

Thirdly, Stercogburn has not deleted your efforts on this project, just your one single link you posted on our site. Your site still exists and I assume so do your photos and documents, don't be so melodramatic.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:15 PM   #3
Ed Nomi
Analog Lurker
Ed Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud of
Antwerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Dude...

first up, people documenting what they're up to is nothing unusual these days, the internet is full of this type of stuff. Unfortunately, most people do not care. This sort of thing should really be saved for when you have a following already and not as a way to create one.

Second, direct links to a "record label" website store page looks extremely spammy.
(btw you should probably try to remove that huge block of black covering the majority of the download link )

Thirdly, Stercogburn has not deleted your efforts on this project, just your one single link you posted on our site. Your site still exists and I assume so do your photos and documents, don't be so melodramatic.
First up, so when you think people do not care (perhaps they don't) you just press 'delete'.

Second, if I hadn't been so 'melodramatic' I would not get this kind of feedback and improve upon what I'm doing. I'm truly sorry for 'spamming' in the wrong section of the forum, but what's the harm in redirecting me?

Thirdly, I prefer being melodramatic to being sarcastic.

------------------
Old 02-21-2016, 07:19 PM   #4
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644068
Thanked 4,896 Times in 3,160 Posts

To be fair I know a bit about your setup and probably would have found the insight and pictures interesting based upon that. But...

You've been here long enough to surely know these what happened to my thread threads usually end badly. I mean think about it, would you really want the thread restored after this? Next time I'd suggest handling this type of business in private.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:31 PM   #5
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6954033
Thanked 3,892 Times in 2,590 Posts

^^^ Exactly.

I also would be interested in looking at what you made.

Last edited by Muse-ic; 02-21-2016 at 08:44 PM..
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #6
Ed Nomi
Analog Lurker
Antwerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
To be fair I know a bit about your setup and probably would have found the insight and pictures interesting based upon that. But...

You've been here long enough to surely know these what happened to my thread threads usually end badly. I mean think about it, would you really want the thread restored after this? Next time I'd suggest handling this type of business in private.
good point about handling it in private, to be honest I never read the 'what happened to my thread' threads.
I've been working very hard these last days to get everything finished and working, my apologies.

If a moderator would like to delete this thread, please do, now I have feedback and now I know what I did wrong and where to improve.
In a few days I will do a repost in the right section so you hopefully can enjoy reading my booklet.

------------------
Old 02-23-2016, 12:31 AM   #7
Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
Stercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42352449
Thanked 4,369 Times in 2,858 Posts

"A 'must read' for all producers and music enthousiasts"

Then inside the post, a plug for the poster's latest album with links to some documentation.

If teaching us or sharing techniques, then its the Studio or Tutorial section. If its plugging your album, then its the Member Releases. The arrogance of the post killed any empathy and boom, the thread was deleted.

But perhaps in future a lighter touch could be used, I'll work on that.

Advertisements

------------------
This mind intentionally blank.
Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote