OPEN AEP003: Grain Bastard - Pieces - Sound Mutation Competition
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8508130
Thanked 6,344 Times in 4,551 Posts
OPEN AEP003: Grain Bastard - Pieces - Sound Mutation Competition

The Altered-Echo Project...
is Honored to Announce our Third Sound Mutation Competition

As of today, February 24th, 2014, the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
is officially accepting submissions for mutations of [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

If you have yet to download this amazing release please visit [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
for a direct download of the record and artwork.

Submissions for mutations will be running for a 30 day period and closing Tuesday March 25th, 2014 at Midnight Eastern Standard Time.

Once we collect the submissions the tracks will be judged and the track listing will be selected. The winning tracks will be skillfully mastered by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and the release itself will receive a full promotional campaign.

The only thing we ask is that you keep your tracks to a min -3 db (-5 preferred) with nothing on the master bus. Please keep your tracks PRIVATE and privately share them with us via [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Dropbox links are also acceptable but please stay away from e-mail attachments.

The additional content provided to us by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
for this release is nothing short of astounding.

For convenience we have linked each group of stems in it's own file. Files can be obtained by clicking the corresponding track in the listing below...

Stem & Sample Collections

1. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

3. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Grain Bastard and AEP would like to encourage you to use stems and samples from absolutely any of the other releases, especially our recent release by our very own Mike Watts's project The Tide - Tidal He has graciously provided his own direct links:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Teaser

P412 - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
- Original

P412 as Mutated by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
in December of Last Year:

This thread will serve as open discussion for any questions as related to this competition in the mutation of sound. So, if you have any questions, please don't be shy.

Don't forget to check out our most current release [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
- Out Now

For More Details Please Visit

We look forward to hearing from [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
in the very near future.

“The clue is in the name. Go get it, listen, get the stems, make a remix.“
-Tim

Last edited by relic; 02-25-2014 at 01:06 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15828
Re: OPEN AEP003: Grain Bastard - Pieces - Sound Mutation Competition

Awesome

Think I will have a go at this myself (is that allowed??) lol

Huge thanks to Relic, RFJ & Mike for this - You guys rule

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain Bastard View Post
Awesome

Think I will have a go at this myself (is that allowed??) lol

Huge thanks to Relic, RFJ & Mike for this - You guys rule
AEP is all about breaking the rules. I say go for it.

------------------
Thanks to relic
Grain Bastard (02-24-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 01:08 AM   #4
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Grain Bastard and AEP are inviting participants to use the samples from any of our releases in their Pieces remixes, especially IDMf forum member and AEP Mastering Engineer Numerical's recent AEP release's Tidal. Links available in the OP.

------------------
Thanks to relic
Numerical (02-26-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 04:02 AM   #5
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644068
Thanked 4,896 Times in 3,160 Posts

Pretty stoked about this myself. I remember when pieces, or the tracks that were to be pieces, were sent over. I was blown away by what I heard and thought...

What is this guy still doing in this independent market? It was an honor releasing the material and mutating it will be an honor in its own right.

Can't wait to hear what everyone comes up with.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (02-25-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 06:05 AM   #6
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6954083
Thanked 3,893 Times in 2,591 Posts

~~~~DOWNLOADING~~~~STEMS~~~~~~!!!!!
Downloading is so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Grain Bastard and AEP are inviting participants to use the samples from any of our releases in their Pieces remixes, especially IDMf forum member and AEP Mastering Engineer Numerical's recent AEP release's Tidal. Links available in the OP.
I definitely want to use samples from Tidal. So many cool sounds!!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC

Yes, I think its important to realise that AEP isn't just about remixing individual tunes but more about simply creating new music using whatever material has been provided in any of the release catalogue - well it does to me

For me, the honour of being just a tiny part of any other artists work is such a buzz - when I heard Numericals take on P412 I was punching the air with joy.

I plan on taking sounds from the other quality releases on AEP for my entry anyway

------------------
Old 02-25-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
quizybuck
Soundwave Mangler
quizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond repute
North Carolina
MC Status: 2660

I'd to apologize in advance for the horrible things I'm about to do to these songs.

------------------
All the little clicks call me Pops.

quizybuck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to quizybuck
Grain Bastard (02-25-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #9
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizybuck View Post
I'd to apologize in advance for the horrible things I'm about to do to these songs.

Ha ha, those are the exact types of comments I want to hear!!!!

Go for it mate

------------------
Old 02-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #10
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

We probably need to have a proper mix n' match release in the near future.

I'll be mangling many things from many sources for this. I will add this to the OP, but if people want to submit a small .txt file listing where all their source sounds came from that is something we could include in the download of the chosen tracks.

------------------
Old 02-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #11
Evelon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214387348
Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,736 Posts

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #12
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

^Well, that made my morning : )

------------------
Thanks to relic
Evelon (02-25-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #13
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
^Well, that made my morning : )
Imagine how it made me feel

Superb mate

------------------
Old 02-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #14
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603

Yeah, I don't get it. What are the rules exactly?

I like grains..

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsr View Post
Yeah, I don't get it. What are the rules exactly?

I like grains..
In the simplest terms its a remix contest...but we invite participants to totally reshape the stems into something unrecognizable. We even encourage people to use stems from our other releases for this contest. Mix and match and totally destroy audio : )

The only real rules are at least -3db of headroom, keep submissions private, turn them in correctly and on time.

------------------
Old 02-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #16
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603

Challenge accepted.

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #17
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6954083
Thanked 3,893 Times in 2,591 Posts

ADORABLE!!!!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
Evelon (02-25-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #18
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644068
Thanked 4,896 Times in 3,160 Posts

Stop the presses, that's so awesome!

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #19
quizybuck
Soundwave Mangler
quizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond repute
North Carolina

Just watched the video at lunch.

My day got better because of it.

------------------

Old 02-26-2014, 04:32 AM   #20
quizybuck
Soundwave Mangler
North Carolina

So how many times is it appropriate to repeat the phrase "basic technology" in a song?

Advertisements

------------------