(Seeking) Broken KORG microkey
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Classifieds Buy, Sell and offer your services to other members here

Old 30-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
NeonGnats
Soundwave Mangler
NeonGnats is a glorious beacon of lightNeonGnats is a glorious beacon of lightNeonGnats is a glorious beacon of lightNeonGnats is a glorious beacon of lightNeonGnats is a glorious beacon of light
Wyoming
MC Status: 484
(Seeking) Broken KORG microkey

Hey everyone! Im seeing if anyone out there has a busted up KORG microkey. 37 key i believe is the one. It can be virtually smashed, banged, nearly destroyed, and/or unplayable. Only thing is i need it to connect to the computer and have operational USB ports. One of the tiny little connector dudes on the board for mine got busted if somehow, so i figure easiest route is to swap that board. Thanks!

Advertisements

------------------
HOLY CHIPTUNES! HYPER CAFFEINE NIGHT GAMES!

http://www.facebook.com/neongnats
\/"Speed Run"\/
NeonGnats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts
Re: (Seeking) Broken KORG microkey

Lol. Can't you just get the suitable USB connector (or resolder the one that has come loose)? It's probably $1.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
NeonGnats
Soundwave Mangler
NeonGnats is a glorious beacon of lightNeonGnats is a glorious beacon of lightNeonGnats is a glorious beacon of lightNeonGnats is a glorious beacon of lightNeonGnats is a glorious beacon of light
Wyoming

Problem is its not the actual USB port that's damaged. The damage on the board is what's causing the lack of connectivity. Im not exactly sure what they are called, since i haven't looked into it yet. But its very very tiny little connections that i believe link circuits together on the board itself? I am planning on experimenting on it (just because i can't break it any more than it is!), but i figure the best bet is to just get a new board with all the "circuits" in tact. That i at least know will fix the problem. lol.

But i did think it was the USB port at first until i saw one of those circuits break off. So even if it was just the USB port, i wt least know i have a problem lol.

------------------

\/"Speed Run"\/
Old 30-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

Ok. I see. I thought it was just the USB (which usually is quite fixable if you are a DIY kinda guy).

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #5
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269461908
Thanked 2,766 Times in 1,839 Posts

You can usually get spare parts from Korg customer support, just try writing them

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
NeonGnats (30-01-2014)
Old 30-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #6
NeonGnats
Soundwave Mangler
Wyoming

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I tried contacting them last time to get it fixed on its warranty, so they responded then let the warranty burn out
Still interested in a broken one though to just go crazy with the leftovers in an artistic decorative fashion..... as long as i can pull what i need out lol

------------------

\/"Speed Run"\/
Old 02-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #7
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029441
Thanked 7,240 Times in 4,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGnats View Post
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I tried contacting them last time to get it fixed on its warranty, so they responded then let the warranty burn out
How does that happen?
If you contacted them before the warranty had expired then they should've created a job number for it on that day and it almost shouldn't matter how long it takes to arrive.
Breach of warranty is illegal, perhaps remind them of that.

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote