Post screens of your current project!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 23-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
EjMU
Analog Lurker
EjMU is a name known to allEjMU is a name known to allEjMU is a name known to allEjMU is a name known to allEjMU is a name known to allEjMU is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
Post screens of your current project!

Was thinking we could start a new thread where people post screens of their current projects, no matter what DAW etc you use!

I usally use Logic but since my mac is in my studio i started a project on my PC in FL Studio.

Advertisements

------------------

Thanks to EjMU
Muse-ic (17-11-2013)
Old 23-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 24960
Re: Post screens of your current project!

Great idea! Mine isn't as full and impressive but hey

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 169710
Thanked 3,394 Times in 2,532 Posts

Here's one of the album I'm currently putting the finishing touches on..

There's another two track on that..but they run off the bottom of the screen, so you can't see em in the pic above.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Nyul (23-09-2013)
Old 23-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertia View Post
Great idea! Mine isn't as full and impressive but hey

"..isn't as full and impressive"? I know what you mean, but there really isn't any such thing when it comes to producing music. Your screen is going to look exactly like it should, once you've finished what you're doing..and if that means you end up with just a few tracks in the mix window, then that's just as impressive as a few hundred.

------------------
Old 23-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
"..isn't as full and impressive"? I know what you mean, but there really isn't any such thing when it comes to producing music. Your screen is going to look exactly like it should, once you've finished what you're doing..and if that means you end up with just a few tracks in the mix window, then that's just as impressive as a few hundred.
Yes of course, I was mostly joking, I don't care how full my screen looks, the tracks I have make more than enough noise on their own

But you can't deny that a whole screen full of tracks filled with small clips looks way more impressive than 6 tracks that basically play the same note for 5 minutes

------------------
Old 23-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
A.M

Quote:
Yes of course, I was mostly joking, I don't care how full my screen looks, the tracks I have make more than enough noise on their own

But you can't deny that a whole screen full of tracks filled with small clips looks way more impressive than 6 tracks that basically play the same note for 5 minutes
Trust me. it may look cool..but when it comes to editing that one big mix with 11 tracks in it that you ended up with..well, it's a real pain in the ass..and not as straightforward as you'd think.

I just started on my new album project today and, trust me, it's going to be one track at a time for me this time round..and some of em will be pretty scant looking indeed.

------------------
Old 23-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
doo.
Radial Developer
doo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to beholddoo. is a splendid one to behold
Nastyvilla
MC Status: 860

First track for the next EP im working on. Just putting the finishing touches on it. cant wait to share it

Uploaded with [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
New EP, thanks for Listening

doo. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
Meski
Regular Freak
Meski is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

New downtempo track that I started making few hours ago. Project is a little chaotic now

Meski is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 6360

[/URL][/img]

I can't really fit the whole project on the screen vertically, but here's a screen shot of the current track we've been working on. It's mostly finished apart from vocals and trumpet recordings.

------------------
Newest Track: Optimal Prime - Apollo

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:25 AM   #10
Nyul

No one else likes to share their stuff?

------------------
Old 08-10-2013, 01:54 AM   #11
A.M

Here's one I just started today..not much going on just yet, but that should have changed by this time tomorrow.

------------------
Old 08-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #12
Metaside
Sample Destroyer
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 5410

Nice idea!

This is one I'm currently working on. Btw, I really like ableton's ability to fit a lot of tracks in a small space by using the group function. Doesn't matter at all in this one, but it really comes in handy in bigger projects

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #13
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

something i started today

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
slugvision
Knob Twiddler
slugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond repute
Tampere
MC Status: 3460

Here's screenshot of my current project.
slugvision is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugvision View Post
Here's screenshot of my current project.
Nice color scheme, man.

I tried to get into using trackers, but just couldn't master it..it just didn't feel right to me..no matter how much I wanted to..which is a shame, as I hear nothing but good things about Renoise.

------------------
Old 17-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
slugvision
Knob Twiddler
slugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond reputeslugvision has a reputation beyond repute
Tampere
MC Status: 3460

Nice that you like my color pickings.

Trackers are roughly the only form of DAWs I've ever used. Very logical, after exploring a little.
I think my exploration still continues for a long way from this point though
(Just downloaded reaper demo to expand this learning process a little, too!)
slugvision is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to slugvision
A.M (17-10-2013)
Old 23-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #17
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603

different resolution on the two monitors, unfortunately.
here:
and yes, there is a limiter and a compressor on the master, and no it iwll not stay there during final render, but i have to keep it there for when we're working at Gustavs place in order to not exceed X volume as he's got two small children there and we don't want loud peaks waking them up in the middle of the night as it's a fucking bitch to work with two screaming toddlers in your face. heh.

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsr View Post
different resolution on the two monitors, unfortunately.
here:
and yes, there is a limiter and a compressor on the master, and no it iwll not stay there during final render, but i have to keep it there for when we're working at Gustavs place in order to not exceed X volume as he's got two small children there and we don't want loud peaks waking them up in the middle of the night as it's a fucking bitch to work with two screaming toddlers in your face. heh.
What OS you got running on your system, gbsr?

I ask as I notice your taskbar is up on top..is it an apple system or something? Looks cool and like it would be clear and nice to work with..

------------------
Old 23-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #19
Nyul

I'm pretty sure that's just Windows 8 with the taskbar put on top

------------------
Old 23-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
A.M

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's just Windows 8 with the taskbar put on top
Thanks for that.

It sure looks better than the ones that came before it. It seems nearly every day I come across one more thing that makes me wish I'd gone with 8 instead of 7 when I got this system of mine at the start of the year.

Advertisements

------------------