**ANNOUNCING** IDMf039 VA - Sounds for Skeletons
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
Benwaa
Icon14 **ANNOUNCING** IDMf039 VA - Sounds for Skeletons

IDMf #039. It's been a while in the making. After various delays and hilarious in-house heartbreaks the IDMfNetlabel is proud to present Sounds For Skeletons.

The first thing to note is that Sounds For Skeletons has a promo video compiling various pieces of footage sent in by IDMf members. Over 18 minutes in length, the video moves through the footage in a style sometimes reminiscent of 60's psychedelia with its violent colours, sometimes chaotic with its sudden edits and fast pace, sometimes ambient with the way it slows down and relaxes you into its dreamy visuals and gentle music.

We might not be here to talk about the video but it's a good reflection on its sibling album. As with any open genre compilation there is variety expressed through different artists offering songs of different types of music, this variety strung together with a common thread. With a forum and a netlabel specializing in electronic music one could often take that to be the very thread in question but there's something else. Whilst offering a mixed palette a lot of these songs seem to share a commonality in two unique and particular things, the first being a slight exotic feel both in the composition and the sounds and textures that have been created. The second is a penchant towards noisy, abrasive sounds, not so aggressive that they're tough listening but enough to create an interesting contrast to the gentler side of things.

But don't take my word for it. It's free. Free music. Go and grab it, go watch and listen and see and hear and decide for yourself what threads run through this great compilation.

TRACKLIST:

01 RFJ Newsreels Of Lunar Flight
02 BURU Scopolamine
03 Grain Bastard P411
04 Proton 42 Brain Ear J Slug
05 Shtuffe Bright Green Robots
06 Nyul Our Home
07 Luk'fm She Is Lovely
08 Kris Cadwell Society Is Artificial
09 Focalized To Stand In Awe
10 Skycore Organized Coyote
11 Chooko Sewer Blues
12 EatTheFood Define Type
13 TheSoftgreens Goodnight Tickle Torch
14 EatTheFood Checkpoint Five
15 Jazzyspoon Daydreamwalker
16 Sin Tricks Science Fiction

VIDEO CREDITS:

All Members who submitted unique footage
Benwaa
Scyn
Automageddon
Ambient Mechanics
Broton
Tim7
Jazzyspoon

Video compiled and edited by: Bethan Hughes

Available from: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

1 May 2013

Advertisements

Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC
MC Status: 272295370
Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,571 Posts
Re: **ANNOUNCING** IDMf039 VA - Sounds for Skeletons

Ohhh yes

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
Ben Steed is an art beacon, a lighthouse of abundant radiance shining on the dark corners of the world.
Yeah, but he needs to rock out more.
Trusty Steed is offline   Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
brn20
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802473
Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,191 Posts

The video's private! Also congrats to everyone on the release. Genuinely looking forward to listening to this.

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #4
RaidenBeats
Fuck 'er Right N Da Pussy
RaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MC
Ur Lil Sisters Wet Dream
MC Status: 41760

gratz everyone.

------------------
Im looking for people to collaborate with on artistic projects. I am currently looking for a couple artists who can draw very well that want to work on a comic book
RaidenBeats is offline   Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
Benwaa

video is now public, i realized and was sorting it as you posted brn20
  Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
brn20 (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #6
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Oh my lord...bloody hell...this is soooo awesome.

I don't even have the words.

It's been a goal of mine to make it on one of these for quite some time.

Thanks to the judges, Ben, and everyone involved with this project.

Congrats to everyone else that made the cut, and also, congrats to those that didn't because learning through doing is it's own reward and one that can not be measured.

Can't wait to watch the video but I'm going to save it for when I'm not at the office.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RFJ
relic (04-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #7
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743043

Congrats people! Can't wait to here this release. It was pretty awesome listening to all of the submissions during the judging phase. Can't wait to put names to the numbers I really really enjoyed then.

Oh and, I don't see my name in the track listing. Must be another April fools joke.

Just kidding. Again, can't wait and congrats to everyone. Now time to watch the video.

EDIT - Did I just see a penis?

Last edited by bbb; 03-04-2013 at 11:51 PM..

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #8
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42380899
Thanked 4,938 Times in 3,226 Posts

Gratz to all that made the cut

Look forward to hearing this

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #9
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 104950
Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,357 Posts

To listen on horrid speakers or wait for later.... hermmmmmmm.... maybe just a peek.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53260
Thanked 1,065 Times in 761 Posts

all these tracks are like sex making tracks.

that first opening sequence, was that you RFJ? fuck you, absolutely amazing. i stood up and paced around, i only do that when im excited. focalized deep vibes are dope af too.

Last edited by SKYCORE; 04-04-2013 at 12:06 AM..
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269455208
Thanked 2,632 Times in 1,775 Posts

Holy fuck this sounds like an awesome release.

The video was great, the "drop" at 5.58 made me giggle...

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #12
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
that first opening sequence, was that you RFJ? fuck you, absolutely amazing. i stood up and paced around, i only do that when im excited. focalized deep vibes are dope af too.
Awesome.

Not sure what it is at the beginning tbh because I am going to wait 'till I get home to watch it at full volume...and probably pace around like you.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #13
nametag
Radial Developer
nametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2210

Just finished listening, this all sounds great. I am excited to have made the cut and I am honored that someone considered my song roughly equal to the others.
nametag is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #14
AJ-White
Knob Twiddler
AJ-White is a splendid one to beholdAJ-White is a splendid one to beholdAJ-White is a splendid one to beholdAJ-White is a splendid one to beholdAJ-White is a splendid one to beholdAJ-White is a splendid one to beholdAJ-White is a splendid one to beholdAJ-White is a splendid one to behold
Gloucester
MC Status: 910

Oh God, yeah, bbb, I think we just saw a penis D:

Despite not making the cut, I can honestly say I don't feel in anyway disappointed or cheated having heard this. Its been a great learning experience and all the artists who managed to make this cut have produced some truly interesting and inspiring results

Well done to everyone who made it, and to those who didn't like myself, well done for trying

EDIT: I think I spotted Society is Artificial, sounded amazing.

------------------
AJ-White is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #15
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

This is [Words not found]...

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks
Thanks to EatTheFood
relic (04-04-2013)
Old 04-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #16
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Just watched the video and all the tracks sound awesome, looks like Automageddon's studio there at the beginning.

Edit: That track @ 3:58...superb. Broton?

@Ben: Just a reminder I'm down to help with promo if promo needs doing. I have a spreadsheet from a previous release but not sure if it's the most curent one in existance.

Last edited by RFJ; 04-04-2013 at 04:52 AM..

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #17
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377267

Seeing the silly little video snippits I made. The thermometer I put over my stove top.
Was curious what kind of little video things people would record.
The outside shots are nice with the mellow tunes.
All the other stuff.

Dislikes:
Peeing
That horse is kind of creeping me out.
Nothing else.

Great stuff. I steered clear of the April Fools thing and was glad this came up today.

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #18
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Edit: That track @ 3:58...superb. Broton?
Yes indeed , some of the bash white noise screen flashy (during that tune) is some footage I submit as well. This whole compilation is fantastic, I am just lucky to be a part of it. I really dig a lot of the footage that was submit and used as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
EDIT - Did I just see a penis?
Yes.

Last edited by PROton42; 04-04-2013 at 06:16 AM..

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #19
Complex
Complex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MCComplex is a savage MC
Manchester of Finland
MC Status: 10657938

Wow! So cool to be part of this release! Thanks judges checking the video later and defo starting some promo-work! Congraz for everyone involved!

Last edited by Complex; 04-04-2013 at 07:10 AM..

------------------
Complex is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #20
softgreens
softgreens is a savage MCsoftgreens is a savage MCsoftgreens is a savage MCsoftgreens is a savage MCsoftgreens is a savage MCsoftgreens is a savage MCsoftgreens is a savage MCsoftgreens is a savage MCsoftgreens is a savage MCsoftgreens is a savage MCsoftgreens is a savage MC
MN
MC Status: 2670814

So awesome.

Advertisements

------------------
softgreens is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread