IDM Glitch samples
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 03-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Ragnar120
Minor Glitch
Ragnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 1351691
IDM Glitch samples

Hey everyone, most of you probably have no clue who I am, but I've lurked on here for more than a year, just gathering information and knowledge from you fine individuals.

Now, I feel as though I've gotten pretty good at making noises and samples, so I want to give something back to the community. I just started a blog over on Tumblr, where I'm making, and giving away free sample packs frequently(I only have one up now, but I'm a very prolific person, I promise I'll have tons up by the end of the month). They're usually glitchy, IDM drum stuff, so if you're into that kinda thing, then check'em out.

Tumblr: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Liquid Tension: 19 glitches manifested from the love of a simple square and sine wave. Very bleep-bloopy, very noisy, very computer sounding. Probably be great for some soulless interlude at 315 bpm.
Loop (Listen before you waste that precious bandwidth): [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Pack: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Goliath: 17 glitches, built out of various programmed synths built to create a 'kick' sound and then effected, bitcrushed, and whatever else to create a harder hitting, more EBM styled glitch pack.
Loop:[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Pack: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Scratching Rubber: 21 clicks, scratches and pops built in a session while working on a new song. They're a bit quiet but they'd be great for some subtle ambient stuff. They sound especially wonderful at lower tempos where you can hear the space in between each noise.
Loop: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Lumine: My biggest sample pack so far, 31 glitches, very skartchy, lots of higher registry in this one. Really delicious "spark" sounds.
Loop: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Pack:[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Gulug Gulag: 17 more noises, these are harder hitting, but also more wobbly and unstable. Great for harder, industrial tunes.

The Fool: 19 noises. Pitchy and hard, very industrial as well.

Dantavius' Requiem: 17 really fucking angry sounds, made with the intent to piss people off. Make some digital metal with it or something. Flex a muscle.

Last edited by Ragnar120; 04-29-2012 at 11:25 PM..

Advertisements

Ragnar120 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Ragnar120
D42K732202 (03-17-2017)
Old 03-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
sp4zzj4zz
Granular Poster
sp4zzj4zz is a savage MCsp4zzj4zz is a savage MCsp4zzj4zz is a savage MCsp4zzj4zz is a savage MCsp4zzj4zz is a savage MCsp4zzj4zz is a savage MCsp4zzj4zz is a savage MCsp4zzj4zz is a savage MCsp4zzj4zz is a savage MCsp4zzj4zz is a savage MCsp4zzj4zz is a savage MC
MC Status: 33636
Re: IDM Glitch samples

Thanks!
sp4zzj4zz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I've added your samples to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Effulgence
Sample Destroyer
Effulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MC
Boulder, CO, USA
MC Status: 2593405

Thanks a lot! Those will definitely come in handy
Effulgence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
Haven
Minor Glitch
Haven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MC
Pittsburgh
MC Status: 10445

Thanks! its always good to see some glitchy samples around. I usually go for traditional (if you can call them that) methods on glitching, but i'll check them out! Thanks for adding them to the universe nonetheless

Edit: these are wonderful! what did you use?
Haven is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #6
Ragnar120
Minor Glitch
Ragnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MCRagnar120 is a savage MC
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven View Post
Edit: these are wonderful! what did you use?
Note, before I say anything: For every session of soundmaking, the process changes. I make it a point not to save the project I'm making sounds in, so that I never repeat the process twice.

For Liquid Tension, I used this setup:

Sample (Square or sine wave) >Mangling effects > Edison > Pan/pitch correction, further mangling > A second Edison

For the effects, I used tons of stuff. Everything from simple flangers and bitcrushers to the nastyness produced by Darkware. I literally just go down the list of my effects and just explore ideas.

I go into the first Edison and record just me jamming on the sample, getting different velocities and pitches, since every time I hit a note it will be 'effected' differently, and I just wait until I hear that one bleep that I'm like, "Yeah I would use that." But usually, because I use very faulty VST plugins made by third parties (that I never use in normal songs because they'd make my machine choke and crash), they'll have some issues; the whole sound will be panned to one side, or it will sound great, but be nearly inaudible.

It's at this point I go through panning, pitch, compression, or just pushing up the volume and record into a second Edison to get the 'final' sound of what I'm going after.

Repeat process with different effects and re-chaining shit x 20 times and you have Liquid Tension.

On the other hand, I just uploaded a new set called Goliath in which I used a completely different method, so, yeah, it's mostly just exploration and finding out new ways to do stuff.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #7
Haven
Minor Glitch
Haven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MCHaven is a savage MC
Pittsburgh

Wow, that's not quite what i expected, I'll have to check Edison out and work my own thing into it. well anyway, thanks for the insight and the samples, man!

I've got quite a collection as well, nothing should be illegal if you or anyone else is interested, i'll dropbox them, just PM me
Old 03-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
Ragnar120
Minor Glitch
Texas

I added another sample pack, we're up to 3!

Hope you guys are enjoying these--I'd like some feedback if anyone's got any to share. Also, these sample packs are completely free, I don't even care if you credit me, but if you guys use them in a song I'd love to hear what you do with them.

Last edited by Ragnar120; 03-13-2012 at 02:23 PM..

------------------
Old 03-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
Ragnar120
Minor Glitch
Texas

Ending the month with 5 packs, I hope you guys enjoy these! I hope to hit about 4-5 packs of unique sounds per month, until a bit through summer, maybe beyond that if you guys like them enough.

Maybe I sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but I'd really like feedback on these, or to hear what you've done with them in your own songs.

------------------
Old 03-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
Haven
Minor Glitch
Pittsburgh

Wow, i didnt realize you kept updating this, you're wonderful!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
Effulgence
Sample Destroyer
Effulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MC
Boulder, CO, USA
MC Status: 2593405

I didn't realize that you were updating this either. Thanks so much man! Will definitely be using this!

------------------
Effulgence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
Ragnar120
Minor Glitch
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effulgence View Post
I didn't realize that you were updating this either. Thanks so much man! Will definitely be using this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven View Post
Wow, i didnt realize you kept updating this, you're wonderful!
Yeah, I guess I didn't make that clear enough. I'm updating this regularly on both my Tumblr and on here, because, again, I just felt like I owe the community here a lot for how much I've taken from this site. I'm certainly not one, but my local friends have taken to me as some sort of glitch guru thanks to what I've learned here. So, yeah, I'll be updating this a lot. Again, hopefully about 4-5 a month, maybe more.

------------------
Old 04-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #13
Ragnar120
Minor Glitch
Texas

Hey everyone, sorry I've been away, I wanted to get more done this month but it looks like we've only got 2 for April.

Since classes are out in May, and I'm done with college for a while, I should be able to update this shit more regularly in the coming months.

------------------
Old 07-06-2012, 04:04 AM   #14
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603

hi. just wanna drop by and say bump, and also: would you like help in making some noise/glitch samples perhaps? figured i could just as well make some and place them here than to start yet another thread about it

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to gbsr
Reedswitch (12-07-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #15
warehau5mafi
Ghostly
warehau5mafi is a savage MCwarehau5mafi is a savage MCwarehau5mafi is a savage MCwarehau5mafi is a savage MCwarehau5mafi is a savage MCwarehau5mafi is a savage MCwarehau5mafi is a savage MCwarehau5mafi is a savage MCwarehau5mafi is a savage MCwarehau5mafi is a savage MCwarehau5mafi is a savage MC
Manchester
MC Status: 3209387

Nice! Thanks for these. I will definitely be checking out your blog too I would love to hear some of your samples too GBSR. I will upload a pack as well if a few people are interested.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
Oh, the "audio engine" card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Real men glitch manually!
warehau5mafi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #16
bStyler
Minor Glitch
bStyler will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Solid stuff, thanks!
bStyler is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
Evelon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214387348
Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,736 Posts

I seem to have completely missed this.
Thank you!

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
Byrium
Learning The Ropes
Byrium will become famous soon enough
Yorkshire

Excellent stuff. Nice blog too, consider yourself followed.
Byrium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #19
aikighost
Lemon Eater
aikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MC
Reading
MC Status: 12851510

Looks like the Glitch heads might find this useful....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Looks pretty impressive for creating new IDM glitches and hits.

------------------
The ultimate Law: All general statements are false

My Techno Music News & Techno Mixes Blog

Submit mixes to TechnoMusicNews.com
aikighost is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #20
sameola
Minor Glitch
sameola will become famous soon enough
Under there