[AUX] - Lemon Meringue
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377667
[Trance?] AUX - Lemon Meringue

Basically trying to make an Underworld track. Cover, style, all that. I will work on this. Get the transitions breakdowns and drops right and find that something special to sit over it all. Weeee!

AUX was the name I used for tracks like this some time ago.

Last edited by Focalized; 04-10-2016 at 01:48 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [AUX] - Lemon Meringue.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:30 PM   #2
Valk
Microknight
Valk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3110
Re: [AUX] - Lemon Meringue

What do you mean by Underworld track? as in inspired by the movies?

Sound design and composition are on point, I appreciate the saturated sound and excellent use (and not abuse) of effects, the only thing I can suggest is that you change the pitch up or down just a hint on every transition to make it a little more interesting, check out
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Is along similar vibes to what your song made me feel.
so to achieve this you could change the MIDI pitch or throw a frequency shifter on top of everything or individual tracks
in this other track by Jon he drops by what seems like about 3 or 5 notes on a very monotone song
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

What do you think of the points I've raised?

------------------
check out my Nest in progress
Valk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
papo
Microknight
papo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I like the mix, especially the part on 1:30 when the drums become minimal. I also think that a change with the pitch or some other changes in the melody can make it more interesting. There is a part on 3:45 the you make a change but I think that the track needs some more of that.
papo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #4
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base

Underworld the group. I was just playing around making a similar instrumental like theirs.

I need to refine it into parts, better transitions risers or such. Get that trance flow. Add some diverse bits and percussion. This I just spent a few fun hours on. Wanted to see how the bits there sounded so far.

Thanks for checking it out.

------------------
Old 05-10-2016, 06:43 PM   #5
Focalized
Man in the box
Space Base

Those Hopkins tracks are great. Makes want to make some more experimental techno.

------------------
Old 10-10-2016, 01:52 PM   #6
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
foilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura about
Zg
MC Status: 210

Kill highs on synths and the rest will go up more, it lacks some filters, overall souns cool.
foilmusiq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:41 PM   #7
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1836877

I can see where you were trying to go and in parts you almost got it. I think for me born slippy and rez are the two I favour. OOh I just hit 2mins 49 - like it...getting there. almost rez horny

Theres some great elements.. Its missing something. cant put my finger on it. But its close to where you want to go. Just needs more low end distortion...to pop clean ie the arp.

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote