[Trip-Hop/Chill] Kant Sleep x Chaotix - Innocence
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-08-2016, 03:33 AM   #1
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 752900
[Trip-Hop/Chill] Kant Sleep x Chaotix - Innocence

Hey peoples. Need some criticism on this track. This is another track off our upcoming ep. I think I kind of hate the snare in the track. What do you guys think? Also over all arrangement and progression, does it work, or not? We're really trying to make these tracks super unique so any criticism is welcome really. Thanks!

Private link because the tracks not out yet.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Chaotix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Trip-Hop/Chill] Kant Sleep x Chaotix - Innocence.
Old 22-08-2016, 07:05 AM   #2
papo
Microknight
papo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
Re: [Trip-Hop/Chill] Kant Sleep x Chaotix - Innocence

This probably wont help you but still this is what I thought:
I heard your track and thought it sounds really good and unique, but then I listened to the other track you've got, Let it Drip, and thought wow that sounds even better.
Hope it helps
papo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 04:35 PM   #3
kju6
Granular Poster
kju6 is a jewel in the roughkju6 is a jewel in the roughkju6 is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

I liked it. I didn't mind the snare. If anything the bass kick/click sounded like shit through my speakers in the beginning around 14 secs. Thankfully it goes away. Other than that good work.
kju6 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 10:34 PM   #4
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 19460

I dig the cinematic elements, and the vocal chops. I also like how feint it feels, and it gives it this far away feeling. The snare seems out of place to me because I'd expect it in more of a trap track, and I think sometimes the hats remind me of that to. That is what I think personally.

I think it does give it a certain energy though that the typical laid back drums would not.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 10:48 PM   #5
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174

I like this a lot. My only note would be that the kick seemed to have a bit of a wooden tone to it. Besides that it's arranged well and has lot of great elements. Love the vocal chops and your percussion fills.

This is sick.

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 03:20 AM   #6
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by papo View Post
This probably wont help you but still this is what I thought:
I heard your track and thought it sounds really good and unique, but then I listened to the other track you've got, Let it Drip, and thought wow that sounds even better.
Hope it helps
Yeah it's not mastered yet or anything like Let It Drip is. Still kind of piecing it together as well, so it's not completely coherent yet. Getting there though! Slowly haha.

------------------
Old 24-08-2016, 03:32 AM   #7
neyus
Digital Surfer
neyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4310

It's great that you're going none stop with the music chaotix... i think the intro could have been more interesting

I know Let It Drip is mixed and mastered but Innocence's intro isnt as strong as Let It Drip IMO. Other than that I think the main sauce sounds good.

------------------
neyus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #8
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237806

Delicate and delicious once more..
I think it would add some twist to break out of the "snare only on position 2 and 4" scheme here.

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 02:40 AM   #9
Moppy
Granular Poster
Moppy will become famous soon enoughMoppy will become famous soon enough
Cairns
MC Status: 110

Absolutely frothing over this track. The snare works fine imo and the overall arrangement is solid af. Well done, waiting eagerly for the release (Y)
Moppy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 05:38 AM   #10
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Very chill track although I feel that the kick could use a little oomph

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #11
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25510

dude.. your track got 121k listens!!?!?!
wow.. congrats

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #12
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
dude.. your track got 121k listens!!?!?!
wow.. congrats
haha thanks man, it's only cause Artist Intelligence Agency posted it. I'd never get that my just through posting it on my own page.

Advertisements

------------------