[Progressive Psy] Ace Ventura - Presence (Dead End Dance Remix)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17760
[Progressive Psy] Ace Ventura - Presence (Dead End Dance Remix)

This is my take on Ace Ventura's 'Presence' (here's the original):

I've been messing around withe the granular portion of Alchemy lately a lot. So when I got the remix samples, I had a few sessions where I would load one of them into Alchemy and try to create interesting sequences by modulating the sample position (among other things, but it's this particular modulation that creates the core of this effect). After I cut up the results and had the section arranged, I realized these sequences were pretty much enough for the most part to drive the track (been listening to a lot of loopy techtrance and techno and it rubbed off on me). So then I just tried to push myself not to synthesize any elements from scratch and just further process the original samples to fill out the missing elements. So this self-imposed limitation turned into a pretty interesting experiment.

Advertisements

iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Progressive Psy] Ace Ventura - Presence (Dead End Dance Remix).
Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17760
Re: [Progressive Psy] Ace Ventura - Presence (Dead End Dance Remix)

bump for a new and improved mix.

Advertisements

iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote