[Ambient] Dada Davros - Free Time in Driverless Cars
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 28-10-2016, 01:12 AM   #1
dada_davros
IDMf Supporter
dada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MC
MC Status: 11710
[Ambient] Dada Davros - Free Time in Driverless Cars

Any thoughts? I've had a couple of stabs at Ambient pieces, I find it challenging for me to show the restraint and patience needed.

Advertisements

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient] Dada Davros - Free Time in Driverless Cars.
Old 28-10-2016, 01:42 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts
Re: [Ambient] Dada Davros - Free Time in Driverless Cars

Really nice work, DD..not too shabby at all, mate..though I personally would slow it down just a tad. Try reducing the track's tempo in your DAW. I downloaded it and reduced the tempo by 25% in Audacity and it sounds better to my ears that way, as it gives it time to breath and helps setting the overall mood of the piece. Try it for yourself and see what I mean.

Other than that, you might try lowering the gain on that bowed bass sound you have playing right from the start..it's a cool sound, but it seems to smoother other lither sounds throughout playback..though if that's the intended end effect, then obviously leave it as is.

Really nice work...keep doing ambient stuff, as I think you have a natural feel for it, that will develop and get better over time the more you produce in this genre.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #3
Emmanuel G.
Microknight
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Really nice work, DD..not too shabby at all, mate..though I personally would slow it down just a tad. Try reducing the track's tempo in your DAW. I downloaded it and reduced the tempo by 25% in Audacity and it sounds better to my ears that way, as it gives it time to breath and helps setting the overall mood of the piece. Try it for yourself and see what I mean.

Other than that, you might try lowering the gain on that bowed bass sound you have playing right from the start..it's a cool sound, but it seems to smoother other lither sounds throughout playback..though if that's the intended end effect, then obviously leave it as is.

Really nice work...keep doing ambient stuff, as I think you have a natural feel for it, that will develop and get better over time the more you produce in this genre.
I like that slowing down advice, it is nice but it does feel "fast", maybe even not "unassuming" for an ambient track.

Give it more time to breathe and it'll be the ambient equivalent of a "banger" <3
Emmanuel G. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 05:59 AM   #4
dada_davros
IDMf Supporter
dada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MC
MC Status: 11710

Thanks AM and Emmanuel. I think you are both right. I remember reading a Brian Eno quote about how he often finishes a track and then immediately slows it down sometimes by as much as a third. Will definitely give it a shot

Advertisements

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote